Who wants some STS Mission Patches ? I have ten (10 ) I would like to give away.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by zilebeliveunknown

Z, look at it like this. 14 days ago that patch was taking up space in my sock drawer. It has now traveled about half way around the world and put a smile on your face. That in it self was worth my effort. Thanks for the pic, Remember the how & why you came to own that patch. Take care OYM1262

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by openyourmind1262

I'd like to thank you very kindly for sending me along the mission patch for STS-33...a DoD mission, elements kept secret. It came about a week ago...immediately before I was to leave for Cuba, so there was no chance to reply in a timely fashion.

I had initially planned to add an Apollo 11 medallion and pass it along to a budding high-school space nerd. However, my wife pointed out how my almost-4 grandson, who is exhibiting some signs of Asperger's, is officially a space nerd on his own. Already he knows the properties of the planets...pointed out that Ganymede is a moon of Jupiter, refers to the asteroid belt...

I'd say he qualifies. Thanks again, OYM, for your generosity and inspiration. It will be greatly appreciated by the lad.

Cheers, JC

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Johnny, I'm glad your & yours got that patch. I hope you all get a lot of miles out of it. Take care & just remember how you all came to own that patch. DOD Mission huh" Secret space stuff for the young one to ponder.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join