Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Guns're bad! Guns're bad! Gun're bad. Mmmkay?!?!

page: 1

join

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I'll preface this by saying: I am a liberal. I watch MSNBC regularly. I do not own a gun. I am a firm supporter of the second amendment. I believe the whole "assualt weapon" BS is just that: BS..

Buuut...

I am getting SICK of MSNBC.

Every time i turn on MSNBC, all i hear is anti-gun this, anti-gun that, anti-gun propaganda. People interviewed are peole who know people killed with guns, how we should ban guns, how we need to outlaw "high capacity clips" (which, according the reports, include any clip over 10 rounds, WHICH INCLUDES A LARGE NUMBER OF PISTOLS).

This is going on EVERY night. Story after story, "we have to do something about guns. Gun are bad. The GOVERNMENT needs to act. People keep getting killed. We have to stop this. We need gun control."

GAH!!

Even though I'm still a liberal in principle and in most aspects, this crap is REALLY getting on my nerves.

I have gotten to the point where i don't want to watch MSNBC anymore (even though the other party turns it on) because of the constant anti-gun BS that is on every show, every night!

This concludes my rant. I am sure some will respond, "well, that's the liberal agenda, glad you finally see it" type of crap, but i think this is different.

Maybe?

Gah.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Its called programing the sheep by repetition. You should be used to it by now.

But really, I feel exactly as you do regarding the repetitive nature of the MSM.
Its sickening, its wrong, its inhumane, and its despicable to use the death of children to promote a political agenda.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Good for you!
I refuse to watch or listen to any of the 24/7 news outlets and only tune in to local news for the weather (weather channel being a bit too generic).
Once you're "hip" to the propaganda aspect in the MSM news media, you'll perceive the same in their entertainment programming as well. There's always an agenda.

ganjoa

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I'm well aware how the MSM operate.

Aside from partisan support and reporting, i can't recall a time where the entire network (MSNBC) jumped on a bandwagon with such fury as they have on the gun control debate.

And while conditioning through repetition work and happens, to be sure (i see it happening to people right before my eyes, even with this gun control debate), this particular method is so obvious by practically ever single host, that's it's just plain annoying, to me that is.

I turn it off.

Never (that i recall) have i disagreed or been so disgusted by such biased representation of an issue (except by watching FOX news, which i can't for these very reasons, and except by the reporting of the shooting by ALL MSM both national and local and how they beat it into the ground day after day (as they do with nearly every large-scale, horrible event)). And while i know MSNBC is partisan in their own right, i am still able to see though most of the partisan politics, but am left leaning because of certain other social values i hold.

This one, however, really gets under my skin.

join