It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion keeping others in a box?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by jhill76

Christians claim their way is the only way and worship Jesus as God. But, he never wanted to be worshipped only show others the way. Believe in him, because you will believe what he tells you about how to make it back home.

When this is all done, he will be the judge for all, as Father left judgement up to him, but it is just a task, it does not make him God.

Jesus didn't want to be worshiped while he was here in the flesh because he came here to die so that we could shake off the flesh. The flesh represented our sin.

Here's what Jesus had to say in John 8...

John 8:24-25

24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

25 Then said they unto him, Who art thou? And Jesus saith unto them, Even the same that I said unto you from the beginning.

John 8:28

28 Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.

Jesus said that they would know that "I am he" when they lifted him up (on the cross).

What did Jesus say while he was on the cross? He repeated Psalm 22:1. If you read all of Psalm 22, it explains in detail everything that Jesus would go through here on earth and why. Here's something else it says...

Psalm 22:27-28

27 All the ends of the world shall remember and turn unto the LORD: and all the kindreds of the nations shall worship before thee.

28 For the kingdom is the LORD'S: and he is the governor among the nations.

In verse 27, what do you think it is that all of the world shall remember?

What they're going to remember is that Jesus was/is Yahweh (God).

The reason God gave Jesus the keys to heaven, the keys to hell and the keys to death, as well as made him judge over all people is because Jesus is the only physical manifestation of God.

The reason no one but Jesus has ever seen God is because Jesus was always there to represent God in the physical. Whether he appeared as a burning bush, an angel of the LORD speaking for God, or even coming to visit Abraham as an angel. These were all Jesus representing God in the physical. Jesus was the Word and the Word was made flesh, just like it says in John 1.

This is why God gave the keys to the kingdom to Jesus, in order that he may rule over all.

This is why Jesus said that the Father and I are one.

This is why..,

Zechariah 14:9

9 And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one.

And whether or not you want to say that Jesus IS God. We all know that God is IN Jesus and Jesus repeated the words of Yahweh from the Old Testament. And he usually did it by saying, "Remember?" and "I said".

Revelation 21:23

23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

edit on 12-1-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   

What they're going to remember is that Jesus was/is Yahweh (God).

The reason God gave Jesus the keys to heaven, the keys to hell and the keys to death, as well as made him judge over all people is because Jesus is the only physical manifestation of God.

The reason no one but Jesus has ever seen God is because Jesus was always there to represent God in the physical. Whether he appeared as a burning bush, an angel of the LORD speaking for God, or even coming to visit Abraham as an angel. These were all Jesus representing God. Jesus was the Word and the Word was made flesh, just like it says in John 1.

This is why God gave the keys to the kingdom to Jesus, in order that he may rule over all.

This is why Jesus said that the Father and I are one.

I admit I am no expert in biblical scripture. I have heard others say what you say here: What they're going to remember is that Jesus was/is Yahweh (God).

But in the bible, in Matthew 27:45-46, it says, "Now from the sixth hour darkness fell upon all the land until the ninth hour. 46 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, "Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?" that is, "My God, My God, why hast Thou forsaken Me?" If Jesus was also God, why in essence would he be crying out to himself?

Peace ID

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

God was in Jesus while he was here, but above he is the son who sits on the right.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

God was in Jesus while he was here, but above he is the son who sits on the right.

I'm no expert, but same question: But in the bible, in Matthew 27:45-46, it says, "Now from the sixth hour darkness fell upon all the land until the ninth hour. 46 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, "Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?" that is, "My God, My God, why hast Thou forsaken Me?" If Jesus was also God, why in essence would he be crying out to himself?

Peace!! ID

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ItDepends

I'm no expert, but same question: But in the bible, in Matthew 27:45-46, it says, "Now from the sixth hour darkness fell upon all the land until the ninth hour. 46 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, "Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?" that is, "My God, My God, why hast Thou forsaken Me?" If Jesus was also God, why in essence would he be crying out to himself?

Peace!! ID

I never stated he was God. But, he is the only one here who had God acting as his soul. Ones from above will not have a soul like man does.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ItDepends

Jesus wanted everyone to remember what was written in the scripture about him in Psalm 22.

Jesus said he came to fulfill the law and the scriptures.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ItDepends

Peace!! ID

I never stated he was God. But, he is the only one here who had God acting as his soul. Ones from above will not have a soul like man does.

Ok, maybe I misunderstood what you said up above? "God was in Jesus while he was here...." EDIT: although now, I see the slight distinction from being "IN" rather than being "HIM"

"Ones from above will not have a soul like man does:" While I am sure there is a difference between the God above, from man......I can't speak to whether or not our souls are different.
edit on 12-1-2013 by ItDepends because: added edit

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Jesus only sits on the right hand of God until all of his enemies are placed under his feet and then the kingdom of God is handed over to Jesus so that God can become all in all.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Jesus only sits on the right hand of God until all of his enemies are placed under his feet and then the kingdom of God is handed over to Jesus so that God can become all in all.

..............but, in the meantime, you would agree, until the enemies are taken care of, he sits at the right hand of God, presumably, right now, since there appears to be a lot of enemies, correct?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Yes.

Jesus will sit at the right hand of God until all evil and death are destroyed.

Then Jesus will sit on the throne of God and everyone will know God by one name.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   

I can't say that I would agree with that. Psalm 22 seems to describe Jesus' suffering, how he is mocked, how his garments have been torn, and he is asking for his fathers (God's) compassion to relieve him of this sacrifice as it further states in psalm 22 22Save me from the lion’s mouth, my poor life from the horns of wild bulls."

However, I honestly can say, I am not an expert, but as I do read extensively, I sometimes see what appear to be contradictions.

Peace!! ID

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Yes, most of Psalm 22 reveals how Jesus would feel and act as a human would feel and act.

The key to the mystery is in the last portion of Psalm 22...

Psalm 22:27-29

27 All the ends of the world shall remember and turn unto the Lord: and all the kindreds of the nations shall worship before thee.

28 For the kingdom is the Lord's: and he is the governor among the nations.

29 All they that be fat upon earth shall eat and worship: all they that go down to the dust shall bow before him: and none can keep alive his own soul.

and in Philippians 2:10

10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Although I respect anyones right to believe what they will...how can you know your above statement to be true?

I have asked others questions like this and they answer in the form of quoted scripture...again this has no possible way of proving anything.

In the end it is about what a person chooses to believe but there is no possible way for a person to know for certain.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

Thanks for your response. This is one of the areas where I get confused, I must say. In your statement above, I've highlighted Jesus, because I read it as "LORD", not Jesus, and the few passages above read:

" 19 But be not thou far from me, O Lord: O my strength, ahaste thee to help me.

20 Deliver my soul from the sword; amy darling from the power of the dog.

21 Save me from the lion’s mouth: for thou hast heard me from the horns of the aunicorns."

This would appear Jesus crying out to the LORD (God), therefore that in the name of the LORD every knee should bow......."

Do you the conflict or perhaps misunderstanding I am having?

Peace!! ID

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

Although I respect uanyones right to believe what they will...how can you know your above statement to be true?

I have asked others questions like this and they answer in the form of quoted scripture...again this has no possible way of proving anything.

In the end it is about what a person chooses to believe but there is no possible way for a person to know for certain.

Split Infinity

I know how ones from above are here against that of man. As well, I have asked Father to explain this to me.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   

I totally understand your confusion.

You have to read a lot of scripture to see all of the connections.

When you see all of the things said about God repeated again about Jesus (ie. both being called the Alpha and Omega, both telling everyone to follow "My" commandments, both share the throne in Heaven in Revelation 20, 21 & 22, plus many more, it becomes clear.)

The books of John spell it out the clearest and the most.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Uh...Ones from above? You will have to explain your statement to me.

Also you used the word...Father. Why?

Why would a GOD have sexuality?

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

reply to post by jhill76

Uh...Ones from above? You will have to explain your statement to me.

Also you used the word...Father. Why?

Why would a GOD have sexuality?

Split Infinity

He doesn't have a sexuality, I just refer to him as Father.

Above is heaven where they originally came from before coming here.

When one from above takes a physical form, they do not have a soul such as man does, so one from above will act as the soul. Jesus was the only one who had Father acting as his soul.

With man, before he comes into a vessel, he is one entity. He is split down the middle one side is the human side that controls the body, the other is the soul.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

You have not made it any clearer for me. Just who is it you are describing as far as those from above?

Also...you have the right to believe as you will but your explainations do not provide any proof what so ever.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

reply to post by jhill76

You have not made it any clearer for me. Just who is it you are describing as far as those from above?

Also...you have the right to believe as you will but your explainations do not provide any proof what so ever.

Split Infinity

Proof cannot be obtained over the internet. For you to experience proof for self, you would have to be taken above as the others. Paul, John, etc.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join