Did the CIA track Oswald before JFK was killed?

page: 1

join

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Yes, closely and constantly.

This is one of the biggest JFK revelations of the past 20 years, and one that we need talk up in social and news media the 50th anniversary of JFK’s assassination.

While the CIA assured Congress in the 1970s that its interest in Lee Harvey Oswald before JFK was killed was “routine,” the newest documents tell a very different story: Oswald was monitored closely and constantly by an supersecret office within the CIA’s Counterintelligence Staff from 1959 to 1963, known as the Special Investigations Group.

The documents show that the CIA officers most knowledgeable about Oswald reported to two of the most powerful men in the agency: deputy director Richard Helms and counterintelligence chief James Angleton, both of whom thought JFK’s policy toward Cuba was weak and misguided.

Article.

Mod Note: Posting work written by others - Please read
edit on 11-1-2013 by Gemwolf because: Added ex tags

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by mike dangerously

The CIA had more then a "routine" interest in LHO as the following cable shows:The Cable. There were also recordings of the mystery man who was posing as Oswald in Mexico City but,those tapes were destroyed:Did The CIA destroy an Oswald tape?

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Thanks Op!
Wow, 50 years this coming November. I was a young kid when JFK was assassinated? Like so many, we'll never forget where were, what we were doing. I was in elementary school at the time, an announcement came over the broadcast system indicating the school was being dismissed early. We were all sent home. Still not knowing what had happened. I walked home and stumbled inside to see my mother glued to the black and white t.v. crying "they killed the president".

Conspiracy or not, the CIA blew it. Oswald had been calling attention to himself. He had clashed with anti-Castro students in New Orleans, then contacted a suspected KGB operative to arrange an illegal trip to Cuba. By standard CIA procedures of the day, he should have gotten closer attention. Instead, he got a pass from Helms and Angleton’s staffers.

Half a century later, a lot if not most of the key individuals are no longer with us. There still may be documents in archives, unsealed documents, but I fear we will never really know the full picture, the full story, a complete understanding.

If I had to make a decision, I'd say Oswald was the lone gunman, but I would also say that agencies within our government knew alot more about all the facts surrounding the case that unfortunately will never be revealed in our lifetime, if ever.

Thanks for the thread S + F

Cheers!! ID

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ItDepends

Thanks Op!
Wow, 50 years this coming November. I was a young kid when JFK was assassinated? Like so many, we'll never forget where were, what we were doing. I was in elementary school at the time, an announcement came over the broadcast system indicating the school was being dismissed early. We were all sent home. Still not knowing what had happened. I walked home and stumbled inside to see my mother glued to the black and white t.v. crying "they killed the president".

Conspiracy or not, the CIA blew it. Oswald had been calling attention to himself. He had clashed with anti-Castro students in New Orleans, then contacted a suspected KGB operative to arrange an illegal trip to Cuba. By standard CIA procedures of the day, he should have gotten closer attention. Instead, he got a pass from Helms and Angleton’s staffers.

Half a century later, a lot if not most of the key individuals are no longer with us. There still may be documents in archives, unsealed documents, but I fear we will never really know the full picture, the full story, a complete understanding.

If I had to make a decision, I'd say Oswald was the lone gunman, but I would also say that agencies within our government knew alot more about all the facts surrounding the case that unfortunately will never be revealed in our lifetime, if ever.

Thanks for the thread S + F

Cheers!! ID
Thanks for the S&F ItDepends.I have never bought the Lone Gunman theory,myself.We had Helms and Angleton heading up the Counter Intelligence and Black Ops respectively and their staffs missed this?

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
It's easier for the CIA to say that they dropped the ball....and not that Oswald was actually one of their assets.
edit on 10-1-2013 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Thanks for the S&F ItDepends.I have never bought the Lone Gunman theory,myself.We had Helms and Angleton heading up the Counter Intelligence and Black Ops respectively and their staffs missed this?

Yep, I here ya. Honestly, I've tried to keep informed on this topic and have followed a lot of the conspiracy angles and no question, a lot of stuff that seems very suspect......hence the uncertainty. All I can say, although the alphabet agencies are powerful, top notch......they are not infallable, humans run these organizations. For something to slip by them, for them not to have connected all the dots? I think it is quite possible. I don't want to get off-topic, and I really do appreciate your thread.....but we can't forget all of the mishaps, lack of cooperation between agencies, not connecting the dots with 9/11/01. I am not a conspiracy believer on this event either, and I have read a lot on the topic)

Regards, ID

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   

I know there are a myriad of books on the subject, but this one may have the definitive answers - Dick Russell's "The Man Who Knew Too Much". I seriously recommend it. www.dickrussell.org...

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
‘There was an earlier cable’

Raymond Rocca, aide to Counterintelligence Staff chief James Angleton, testifying under oath to the House Select Committee on Assassinations, about CIA cables from Mexico City. The CI staff monitored Oswald’s travels, politics, and personal life from October 1959 to November 1963.

When asked about the substance of the earlier cable, Rocca replied “that there was someone down there who wanted to go to Cuba.” After being shown an existing cable dated October 8, 1963, Rocca said, “it seems to me too late, that communication began earlier from Mexico City.”

No such cable has ever surfaced.

The CIA falsely told the Warren Commission that it did not learn that Oswald sought a visa to go to Cuba until after JFK’s assassination. Mexico City station chief Win Scott refuted the CIA’s claim in an unpublished memoir, which Angleton personally seized after Scott’s death in 1971.

"There was an earlier cable"

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Since Oswald defected to Russia, then defected back to America (grabbing a hot wife along the way), and started playing around with Cuba, maybe the CIA was keeping track of him just because he, an ex-marine of all things, seemed unstable. It's good someone was watching him, but they dropped the ball on not checking who was working along Kennedy's motorcade route.

Then again, if Oswald was "ordered" to kill Kennedy, or kindly suggested that he take care of JFK before Jackie or Joe DiMaggio or someone else did it, the entire thing may look exactly the same as if he were just a lone gunman. Either way, the result is the same - an ex-marine (there is no such thing) killed the President, to the eternal shame of the Marine Corps.
edit on 10-1-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ItDepends

Don't get me started on 9/11.I just don't think it was miscommunication and interangency rivalries.JFK and his administration rocked alot of boats.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   

right, you've got a good specific thread here, I do not want to muddy the waters on another historical event. But, you do see my point. Alot of human-error screwups, and for informaton (key Info) not be caught, which may look suspicious does not in lead to the conclusion that the JFK assissination a government conspiracy. There simply could be some very embarrassing things that were not followed up on, failure to connect the dots.

I think your thread is a good reminder to not take things on just face-value. It takes research and trying to piece together a puzzle, a puzzle missing important clues which will forever prevent the true picture. I remain open-minded, hence my inclusion to the thread. I'll continue to keep my eye on it. Glad you created it!

Peace !! ID

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Just for fun, check out George de Mohrenschildt and his connection to big oil. (I know it doesn't seem like it's JFK/Oswald related, but just look)

For more fun, notice the George HW Bush connection too.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Kennedy was about to pull the plug On Israel aid.
The guy who killed Oswald was a Jewish member of the underworld.
And Russia has very close undisclosed ties with Israel.
Yet we all ignore these facts.
He was executed...by a foreign power, on behalf of his internal enemies.

Israel with the continued aid and donations ...from approx three million dual citizen New Yorkers, developed a military force greater than Great Britain....chew on that.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Guyfriday

De Mohrenschildt is interesting.He supposedly committed suicide before he was about to be interviewed by HSCA investigator Geaton Fonzi.They found George H.W.'s home and work addresses and numbers in his address book.As for the Israel Did It Theory I don't put much stock in it.JFK had confronted the Oligarchy of this country and they had him killed.

edit on 123131p://1726 by mike dangerously because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by mike dangerously
reply to post by Guyfriday

De Mohrenschildt is interesting.He supposedly committed suicide before he was about to be interviewed by HSCA investigator Geaton Fonzi.They found George H.W.'s home and work addresses and numbers in his address book.
He also was the guy that got Oswald the job in Dallas, even though he had suspected Oswald of shooting General Edwin Walker.

As for the Israel Did It Theory I don't put much stock in it.JFK had confronted the Oligarchy of this country and they had him killed.
I thought about this for a while, but after looking into this mess I've come to the conclusion that JFK's death was all about oil.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

I just actually purchased that book. Cant wait to read it.
I have to finish jfk and the unspeakable first tho.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
John Brennan and the CIA’s last JFK secrets

By Jeff Moorley

Unless the next director of the Central Intelligence Agency changes course, the CIA is going to face a season of cynicism and suspicion next November when the 50th anniversary of the assassination of President John F. Kennedy approaches and the public learns that the agency is withholding from public view more than 1,100 documents related to JFK’s assassination.

What will John Brennan do? That’s a fair question for President Obama’s nominee for CIA director at his upcoming confirmation hearings where issues of transparency and accountability are likely to dominate.

As national security adviser, Brennan made news last May by becoming the first U.S. official to acknowledge the U.S. government’s drone war against suspected terrorists in Pakistan, Yemen and elsewhere. Brennan won kudos for his candor from supporters of the drone war, while critics found Brennan’s claims of “moral rectitude” to be dubious in the absence of any checks on his power to target suspected terrorists (and inevitably innocent bystanders.)

The rest of the article.

top topics

join