It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey Guys! Long time lurker, finally joining up.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I did not realized initially that there was a introduction area, so I decided to go ahead in go for it. I have been reading the stuff on this wonderful site for a very long time, and so am pretty familiar with the attitudes and stances of some of the regulars that wander these forums. I am bringing in nothing but respect and critical thinking, so I hope I can have some fun discussing the various topics available. If there is anything I would like to ask, its this: How do so many of you deal with knowing so much that so many people rather go through their lives not knowing? and how do you deal with the internal conflict of both caring about these very same peoples livelihoods, and your never ending frustrations with them? Thanks guys, I just want to read your personal opinions on that.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by 8bitPaladin

Welcome to the deep end of the ATS pool. Floaties and rubber duckies available on request....

Glad you decided to join the rest of us in the most extensive internet Asylum. I look forward to meeting you in the forums.

Here's your Welcome to ATS cookies...enjoy...

Des

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Hello and welcome to ATS.

How do so many of you deal with knowing so much that so many people rather go through their lives not knowing? and how do you deal with the internal conflict of both caring about these very same peoples livelihoods, and your never ending frustrations with them?

You can lead a horse to water...but you can't make it drink.

It is the same in ATS.....You can lead a conspiracy nutter to logic.....but you can't force them to be logical.

edit on 10/1/2013 by OccamAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Hello, welcome!

To answer your question, if what you want to present to the persons has a more than legit source, print that or e-mail it to them. If they are still not willing to even consider, believe me I go through it a lot, share an alternative option to them, such as with food. Remember you can only do so much or at least for the time being.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Welcome aboard, and enjoy the ride!

How do so many of you deal with knowing so much that so many people rather go through their lives not knowing?

Well, there are ATS members, and then the rest of society.

But heck, it's not that bad. Most of the members here are bat crazy. You gotta be to debunk UFOs and uncover gubberment conspiracies.

Hope to see you around.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Welcome To The Community

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

What are P F K W S
Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum
Index of Important ATS Related Threads
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
How to Upload Your Pics & Avatars (also) Need a custom Avatar?
Your Terms and Conditions Of Use (also) Reaffirming ATS Policies

Try Ask ATS to find numerous threads to add your thoughts to now. Once a minimum of 20 posts are made, you'll be able to create your own threads & send out messages to fellow ATS members.

*** Keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun & help us "Deny Ignorance" ***

ATS is at times like a rollercoaster ride! As a new member be aware if one acts in an uncivil-like manner, discusses personal illicit drug usage, uses profanity, is a troll, intentionally spreads a hoax, spam's, advertises and/or get's verbally abusive, they will be warned or removed off the ride by a Moderator. If you see posted any of the above mentioned, please let staff know by using the "Alert" function. This will help keep the community, both young and old to further enjoy the ride with you.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Hello and welcome!

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Welcome !!!!

Enjoy again ask the closest mod for floaties or waders depending of course on the current topic

top topics

join