It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Pic - Giant Human Statue

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Ok, this is supposedly proof of a giant statue on mars. The site provided has the original picture with dimensions schematics and more pictures of "Absolute Proof of Alien Artificiality on Mars.

Thought I would ask the experts, as this picture looks pretty convincing to me.

Absolute Proof

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 08:31 AM
link   
O come on, you can create any dillusion you want out of magnifying images that close.

Absolute proof....please, that site should be ripped of the net.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Yeah, the 'touch-ups' are a bit too vivid and detailed to even be considered.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 08:40 AM
link   
perfectly correct! ripped!

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 08:49 AM
link   
It looks more like a plume of smoke than a statue

E_T

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 12:43 PM
link   
If there would really be statue "on its legs" it would show much easier because sun would light it totally.

And human brains have tendence to make vague things look like familiar things... that's what they do all the time, recognise objects from their shape and color.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Even if this were not a touch up. Similacra make it hard to get people to see that what they are looking at just "looks like" something. The classic example is seeing a dragon or angels in the clouds. Rocks that look like frogs or something also comes to mind. Your brain, in an attempt to make sense out of something will cause some kind of recognition of said object. Thus we see familiar shapes in clouds, rocks, and trees. I think this may fall under the gestalt theory thingy.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Ok, for those of us that do believe in the bible, Mars was inhabited. After the "great war in heaven" Mars was burned down. It makes sense to me that we will find various "proof". This particular one is a bit out-there for even me. Too much "artwork".

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by E_T
And human brains have tendence to make vague things look like familiar things... that's what they do all the time, recognise objects from their shape and color.

I agree. Not trying to be funny but if you let your imagination roam you can clearly see a rabbit and elephant in the image. Humans attempt to find order in chaos I think this is what�s happening in this photograph.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 01:01 PM
link   
that picture looks so photo shoped its not even funny, dont you think if it real nasa would have made a big deal in the news about it

sorry but the everytime i look at this i just laugh harder and harder i cant believe someone would even consider thinking this was real

[edit on 27-10-2004 by ali3n8]

E_T

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Also brains can be cheated easily:

www.sunpoint.net...
www.sunpoint.net...

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   
lol, the rabbit is bigger than teh elephant!

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Channy
lol, the rabbit is bigger than teh elephant!

well of course, after all it is a Martian rabbit!

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   
That A and B thing is freaky...(if you squint you can see it's correct)... How weird is that? And I'm a partially colorblind artist that mostly works in black and white!

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I am sitting here laughing -- I saw the elephant right away and saw the rabbit after it was pointed out but before it was pointed out I thought the rabbit figure looked more like a cartoon duck lying down biting at the elephant......

jm

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Whats the A+ B thing supposed to be? It doesn't look like anything to me!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   
The A/B thing is pretty cool. I don't know why anybody would even think the image looked like a statue.

LL1

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Something like the rorschach test, it's all in the eye and mind
of the seer.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I checked the A/B illusion in the "Paint" editor. Amazing!

Might be the best illusion I've seen.

ANd the statue would be the weakest

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Fun stuff here. Thought i'd add in on the fun.

Nothing is actually moving in this drawing. It's all on the focus of your eyes and trying to 'make sense' of everything. (i think : \
)

Yea..it does look fake though, i'm sure if a real statue was there there would be more talk and hype.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join