It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Communist Leadership playing with fire.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
The recent Chinese Military harassment of Japan seems to be an unthought group of actions considering that the U.S. is responsible for the defense of Japan.

Although China has very little in the way of Military Force Projection this latest round of incursions into Japanese territory seems extremely ill advised. China has very little ability to sustain any kind of Military action that far from mainland China and U.S. Naval power in the region is absolute.

It makes one wonder just exactly what is Chinas goal besides being a thorn in the side of the U.S.?

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
That far from the mainland?

Its actually not that far.

And China owns the islands and always have.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by HenryNorris
That far from the mainland?

Its actually not that far.

And China owns the islands and always have.

Japan is not far from China as far as U.S. Military capabilities are concerned...but for China it might as well be off the coast of California.

China has VERY little in the way of being able to support a Military campaign at this distance from China. Add to this the absolute ZERO chance that China could in any way take on the USN.

It makes me wonder what is the game?

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Well the first thing that caught my eye is a small issue but non the less it is there in your Thread Title.....

"Communist"

Grabs the eye for sure and I commend you on that.

The Reds don't create the fear that much anymore in my Humble Opinion.
Perhaps you should have used the term terrorist instead, that usually gets prime time coverage.

TextIt makes one wonder just exactly what is Chinas goal besides being a thorn in the side of the U.S.?

Perhaps it may be time to let the world's police force know that there is a new kid in town and many Nations would be happy to see that.

Don't even try to call me a USA basher, I am you neighbour but I am sick to death of the crap your county is pulling off and getting away with it.

I personally would find it refreshing to see some things in this world equalized, if not turned around.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
US will throw Japan under the bus.

US is too broke to fight another war.

NO, the Chinese is not going to lend money to the US to fight against them.

Unthought provocation ? This is the golden moment for the Chinese to take the US down a notch and been in the pipeline since they began modernising their armed forces. Their missile forces are enough to deter US from thinking this is going to be another turkey shoot.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

You posted that you would love to see another country in the role that the U.S. Military has played for multiple decades and you are a neighbor....believe me...you wouldn't.

China is no where near as altruistic as the United States. Just ask all those dead students after they built a Chinese version of the Statue of Liberty.

But fortunately....China is no where near nor possed the Military capability of the United States and this will be so for many decades to come.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by Iwinder

You posted that you would love to see another country in the role that the U.S. Military has played for multiple decades and you are a neighbor....believe me...you wouldn't.

China is no where near as altruistic as the United States. Just ask all those dead students after they built a Chinese version of the Statue of Liberty.

But fortunately....China is no where near nor possed the Military capability of the United States and this will be so for many decades to come.

Split Infinity

Thanks for not calling China Communists, and I appreciate a good debate and that is why I am posting now.
Nowhere did I post I would "Love" to see another country become the world police.

I did say it would be refreshing to see a change because In my opinion anything is better than the current situation Globally.

Things have got to change we cannot have constant warfare and expect it to benefit the average person mentally or physically either.

The only winners are the profiteers that make a ton of money off of a ton x50 of suffering.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

I am in agreement that we need change but having another country in the role of World Policeman would not be part of the change I desire.

Still it would be nice if the U.S. Military would not have to constantly be called upon to solve world issues. It takes a toll on our Soldiers as well as a toll on our economy.

Europe has had a free ride for decades as multiple Billions were spent containing Soviet expansionism. It would be nice if they could take care of their own houses once in a while.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Yawn.

I do find it interesting that you call out China on the harassment, but not Japan.

Both are equally guilty of trying to push the others buttons.

For those that are unaware, China and Japan harass each other whenever they think they can get away with it. Nothing new.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Evidently, people tend to forget the atrocities inflicted upon the Chinese by the Japanese during WW2.

So in other words, yes the Chinese DO have an axe to grind.

And they've been grinding it for awhile.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by Iwinder

I am in agreement that we need change but having another country in the role of World Policeman would not be part of the change I desire.

Still it would be nice if the U.S. Military would not have to constantly be called upon to solve world issues. It takes a toll on our Soldiers as well as a toll on our economy.

Europe has had a free ride for decades as multiple Billions were spent containing Soviet expansionism. It would be nice if they could take care of their own houses once in a while.

Split Infinity

Let me ask you this then, did Vietnam call upon the States?

Did Afghanistan?

Did Iraq?

Did Syria?

Did Libya?

I could go on and on but I have made my point I hope.

We do not need this crap happening all the time.

Somebody has got to stop this madness and I for one hope China could be the answer.
Regards, Iwinder

edit on 10-1-2013 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by mypan

Unthought provocation ? This is the golden moment for the Chinese to take the US down a notch and been in the pipeline since they began modernising their armed forces. Their missile forces are enough to deter US from thinking this is going to be another turkey shoot.

Well if the SHTF whose door will you come knocking on? I will tell you the same door you came knocking on in the last two World Wars.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Well if the SHTF whose door will you come knocking on? I will tell you the same door you came knocking on in the last two World Wars.
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

That was then and we are discussing now I do believe, most nations from WW2 let it go and carried on.
There were two exceptions to that rule, One was Russia and Two was USA...Period.

After Russia dissolved that left only the USA and we can see now what a long strange trip it been.

Power trip to say the least.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

The U.S. spent Billions keeping Europe safe for decades. The U.S. had to go into Bosnia as the Europeans could not handle it on their own. As for the other countries mentioned...I wish the U.S. never went into Nam or Iraq but Afghanistan was a must.

You cannot seriously wish to count on China to be in control as China has a very poor history and record whenever their Military is brought to bear.

You could kiss goodbye the majority of your rights including posting on this board. Just ask any Chinese disadent who has rotten in a Chinese prison for decades.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

You cannot seriously wish to count on China to be in control as China has a very poor history and record whenever their Military is brought to bear. You could kiss goodbye the majority of your rights including posting on this board. Just ask any Chinese disadent who has rotten in a Chinese prison for decades.
reply to post by SplitInfinity

But the thing is we are not talking about posting rights on a web site, we are talking about wars and more wars.

China has a history of thousands of years so you might want to be more specific about the date on the poor history of their military....

I appreciate your posts don't get me wrong here, my agenda is to stop this freeking constant war thing and the many deaths that ensue.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

I find that some here have an issue when I post anything about possible conflict such as this post. I post such things to get a difference of opinion as well as I hope to hear ideas that would solve such problems.

When people refuse to talk about issues those issues fester and become even greater problems. This topic deals with China's actions against Japan which seem to have no logic or reason as anything China does or could do Militarily would be countered by the U.S.

Thus I wonder just why China is doing this?

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by rockymcgilicutty

SHTF ? Well, its your mess you clean it up.

Sorry, those two World Wars were not fought on my time and I detest your condescension that I am somehow part of your grander scheme of things. I am from New Zealand and very proud of my country's decision to tell you off even with the trade boycott that was inflicted on us.

We don't need you more than you need us.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iwinder

reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

That was then and we are discussing now I do believe, most nations from WW2 let it go and carried on.
There were two exceptions to that rule, One was Russia and Two was USA...Period.

After Russia dissolved that left only the USA and we can see now what a long strange trip it been.

Power trip to say the least.

Regards, Iwinder

Ah but history repets it's self.

Flashback 1930's Europe Hitler builds it's armies.Starts throwing it's weight around.The continent does nothing .Hitler annexes Czechoslovakia and Austria the continent does nothing.Poland is invaded ,the phoney war starts.Hitler invades France and the low countries Britan Stands Alone!!!Churchill turns to Roosevelt the Lend Lease act is initiated.

"Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it" Winston Churchill

Current events.

China increases military spending 20% per year.China warns Japan,Vietman Malaysai,Brunie,and the Philippines over disputed islands.

Could this be the Start??

The U.S remembers because we had to support most of the war when it was going on.Also we had 8,000,000 men under arms.The vast majority sent to Europe.
English military strength 3,500,000

The USSR remembered because they lost 23,000,000 people.

As I said if Shtf again where will the world come knocking?

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by rockymcgilicutty

SHTF ? Well, its your mess you clean it up.

Sorry, those two World Wars were not fought on my time and I detest your condescension that I am somehow part of your grander scheme of things. I am from New Zealand and very proud of my country's decision to tell you off even with the trade boycott that was inflicted on us.

We don't need you more than you need us.

If you are on the front lines in 10 to 20 years.We will see if your attitude changes.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by mypan

Really? You don't need us? Do you honestly think that your ability to ship products from your country would be safe without the massive U.S. Naval presence? Does your country have any ability to defend itself?

You believe that without the U.S. that Communist China would just allow you to do as you wish? It would not.

Split Infinity

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join