Soursop Fruit 100 Fold Stronger At Killing Cancer Than Chemotherapy?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Did a search about the Soursop fruit so apologies if there's a thread already -I have to say up front that I'm not sure if the claims about the fruit made in the video are entirely correct but there's certainly some interesting reading about its suppression by big pharma and a whistleblowing scientist.

I am aware that you have to wear your scepticals when it comes to subjects like 'miracle cancer cures' but the articles below do drop names like Cancer Research UK and the Health Sciences Institute -also mentioned is that one of America’s largest drug manufacturers have conducted over 20 laboratory tests on the fruit since the 1970′s (but it doesn't mention which one).

Does anyone know any more info about this?

Soursop Fruit 100 Fold Stronger At Killing Cancer Than Chemotherapy.

The Soursop is a flowering, evergreen tree native to tropical regions of the world. It also contains a long, prickly green fruit which happens to kill cancer up to 10,000 times more effectively than strong chemotherapy drugs, all without the nasty side effects and without harming healthy cells.

According to Cancer Research UK, Annona muricata is an active principle in an herbal remedy marketed under the brand name Triamazon. The licensing for this product in the UK is not accepted due to its enormous healing effects on the body and potential loss of profits for competing pharmaceutical cancer drugs.

Research shows that with extracts from this miraculous tree it now may be possible to:

* Attack cancer safely and effectively with an all-natural therapy that does not cause extreme nausea, weight loss and hair loss

* Protect your immune system and avoid deadly infections

* Feel stronger and healthier throughout the course of the treatment

* Boost your energy and improve your outlook on life

The source of this information is just as stunning: It comes from one of America’s largest drug manufacturers, the fruit of over 20 laboratory tests conducted since the 1970′s. What those tests revealed was nothing short of mind numbing…

Extracts from the tree were shown to:

* Effectively target and kill malignant cells in 12 types of cancer, including colon, breast, prostate, lung and pancreatic cancer.

* The tree compounds proved to be up to 10,000 times stronger in slowing the growth of cancer cells than Adriamycin, a commonly used chemotherapeutic drug!

* What’s more, unlike chemotherapy, the compound extracted from the Graviola tree selectively hunts down and kills only cancer cells. It does not harm healthy cells!

The amazing anti-cancer properties of the Graviola tree have been extensively researched–so why haven’t you heard anything about it?

link

Cover up?

A Soursop.

One of America's biggest billion-dollar drug makers began a search for a cancer cure and their research centered on Graviola, a legendary healing tree from the Amazon Rainforest..

Various parts of the Graviola tree--including the bark, leaves, roots, fruit and fruit-seeds--have been used for centuries by medicine men and native Indians in South America to treat heart disease, asthma, liver problems and arthritis. Going on very little documented scientific evidence, the company poured money and resources into testing the tree's anti-cancerous properties--and were shocked by the results. Graviola proved itself to be a cancer-killing dynamo.

The company had one huge problem with the Graviola tree--it's completely natural, and so, under federal law, not patentable. There's no way to make serious profits from it.

It turns out the drug company invested nearly seven years trying to synthesize two of the Graviola tree's most powerful anti-cancer ingredients. If they could isolate and produce man-made clones of what makes the Graviola so potent, they'd be able to patent it and make their money back. Alas, they hit a brick wall. The original simply could not be replicated. There was no way the company could protect its profits--or even make back the millions it poured into research.

As the dream of huge profits evaporated, their testing on Graviola came to a screeching halt. Even worse, the company shelved the entire project and chose not to publish the findings of its research!

Luckily, however, there was one scientist from the Graviola research team whose conscience wouldn't let him see such atrocity committed. Risking his career, he contacted a company that's dedicated to harvesting medical plants from the Amazon Rainforest and blew the whistle.

When researchers at the Health Sciences Institute were alerted to the news of Graviola, they began tracking the research done on the cancer-killing tree. Evidence of the astounding effectiveness of Graviola--and its shocking cover-up--came in fast and furious

link

Cheers.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Why are you advertising their product for them?

Isn't it against T&C to solicit on ATS?

On another note ....How can I get a PhD from Perdue University?
edit on 10/1/2013 by OccamAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Glad you posted this thread. I've read up on Soursop in the past and was looking to purchase some seeds. They are not widely available but here is one exotic seed site that has them in stock, reasonable price, ships only to USA

www.caribbeanseeds.com...

After I get mine, I'll keep this thread posted with growing updates...if they don't die on me.

Des

edit on 10-1-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Hey, isn't that the Asian fruit that crazy guy from Bizarre Foods Andrew Zimmerman tried eating but almost vomited after trying to eat it? He said it smells awful and I guess it tasted awful. The guy eats anything that's slimy and crawls, but he couldn't keep this fruit in his mouth and ended up spitting it out. I think he called it Durian fruit.

edit on 10-1-2013 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
reply to post by karl 12

Hey, isn't that the Asian fruit that crazy guy from Bizarre Foods Andrew Zimmerman tried eating but almost vomited after trying to eat it? He said it smells awful and I guess it tasted awful. The guy eats anything that's slimy and crawls, but he couldn't keep this fruit in his mouth and ended up spitting it out. I think he called it Durian fruit.

Yeah its called Durian in Malaysia. I believe if I remember the show correctly, it smells so awful you will see signs around that don't allow it to be in public lol

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Un-sited claims, an unnamed scientist that worked for an unnamed company...hmmm.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

Durian is a completely different fruit to the Soursop - not even related. Soursop is actually a very nice sweet and tangy flavoured fruit, one of my favourites. Have a couple trees growing in the yard in fact.

Have heard about the medicinal properties of the tree a while back and have been drinking tea from the leaves for awhile now. Nice calming effect.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I read extensively about this fruit when my dog was dying from cancer. I was going to give it my pooch but was too scared to do so. My dog ended up dying and now I wish I tried it on him.

If I had cancer, I would try anything... what have you got to lose when you already have a death sentence?

I just hope that this is the cure to cancer as it seems to be so promising in the research.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

I've had soursop many times. It tastes like honeydew melon crossed with a banana. I notice here the juice is called guanabana. White and sweet. I never noticed this prickly green fruit with the white meat and large black seeds before I went to the Caribbean. I do not recall any cases of the locals being stricken with cancer now that I think about it. One of the magical things about the place indeed was how seldom people got sick. There was one clinic on island and it was free. They used to also make a tea that had a relaxing calming effect out of the young leaves of the soursop tree.
edit on 10-1-2013 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Things like these are always snake oil salesman.

Just another fraud... how much would you have to pay someone who spent hundreds of thousands of dollars to learn about all the chemistry that goes into the production of pills and then notices some cure-all for cancer?

Of all these instant cancer cures verified by obscure russian scientists not a SINGLE ONE has been even the slightest bit legit.

Stories like these disgust me. The families of sick people always give them horrible idiotic stuff to try and blame the victim if they dont eat 3 ounces of bees legs while listening to bineural music to appease their stupidity.
edit on 10-1-2013 by Wertdagf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by OccamAssassin
Why are you advertising their product for them?

Isn't it against T&C to solicit on ATS?

On another note ....How can I get a PhD from Perdue University?
edit on 10/1/2013 by OccamAssassin because: (no reason given)

Well for starters....Spell "Purdue" correctly.
edit on 10-1-2013 by solarstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
The north american version of the soursop is the Pawpaw. Don't know about the cancer killing properties but at least those that are curious can find out what it tastes like.

Destinyone - If your soursop plants don't make it you might try with the native version.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   
quote]Originally posted by WeRpeons
reply to post by karl 12

edit on 10-1-2013 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

Originally posted by topherman420

Origind by WeRpeons
reply to post by karl 12

Hey, isn't that the Asian fruit that crazy guy from Bizarre Foods Andrew Zimmerman tried eating but almost g to eat it? He said it smells awful and I guess it tasted awful. The guy eats anything that's slimy and crawls, but he couldn't keep this fruit in his mouth and ended up spitting it out. I think he called it Durian fruit.

Yeah its called Durian in Malaysia. I believe if I remember the show correctly, it smells so awful you will see signs around that don't allow it to be in public lol

I seen that episode of bizarre foods too and thats not durian, its a completely different fruit called Soursop.
edit on 11-1-2013 by Jay Electronica because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Appreciate the replies, found an article from the 'hoax or fact' website which states that recent studies have shown the fruit may have chemotherapeutic potential, it also goes on to point out that the tests were only confined to test tubes and that 'the fruit's extracts selectively inhibit the growth of human breast cancer cells by downregulating expression of epidermal growth factor receptor in vitro and in a mouse model but the effect has not been studied in humans'.

The idea that Soursop can fight cancer effectively started after a research at Purdue University's School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences. The research concluded that the active components of the tree are a unique phytochemical substances known as annonaceous acetogenins, which MAY have chemotherapeutic potential, especially with regard to multi drug-resistant cancer cells. But these tests were only confined to test tubes, no large scale clinical trials were conducted on humans to determine the safety and efficacy of Graviola for treating cancer. Therefore, there is no significant evidence to show that Soursop works as a cure for cancer.

link

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

These are what we call Custard Apples, they're grown and sold here in Australia too.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Actually, you can find them on Amazon as well. I may try growing it, just because the fruit is suppose to be good.

CX

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Australiana

If I had cancer, I would try anything... what have you got to lose when you already have a death sentence?

That's the tricky part when it comes to humans and cancer.

When my girlfriend had two tumors from Hodgkin s Lymphoma, would i have been more confident in the radiotherapy and chemo that cured/saved her, or a piece of fruit?

To be honest, and i know it's a bad way of doing it, but unless i saw cancer victims take this fruit and recover time after time, i'm not sure i'd risk it.

CX.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Increased consumption of Soursop has been indicated in atypical Parkinson's.

link.springer.com...

onlinelibrary.wiley.com...;jsessionid=1965F30A8C19CB6C15C23F994665C32F.d01t03

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I'm amazed at some of the negative comments on this post. Perhaps the pharmaceutical industry is on here at ATS.

As far as soursop is concerned, its actually a very pleasant fruit to eat. Do not confuse it with Durian. Soursop can also be made into a drink. A doctor I knew who was diagnosed with ovarian cancer, started taking soursop along with tapioca (also supposed to have anti-cancer properties) before she started chemo. By the time they evaluated her just before chemo, they found that the cancer had actually decreased. Anyway, she has recovered quite fast thankfully, and is back in her practice.

Personally I believe that all fruits and herbs have some medicinal quality to them, so long as they are not altered genetically or sprayed with chemicals.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Pardon?

I would think, based on the limited research in this field. That the consumption of Soursop fruit in the study area, is due to the availability of it as a staple in their diet, from it being an indigenous fruit to the area. I would tend to think, anything eaten in over abundance will have some type of side effect. Also, the study is not conclusive. It's an interesting study, nonetheless. But, it won't stop me from eating the fruit.

Des

edit on 11-1-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join