It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sanpaku - The Phenomena, The Condition

page: 1

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Hello ATS,

I've recently came across an unusual phenomena known as Sanpaku.

Sanpaku gan (三白眼) or Sanpaku (三白) is a Japanese term that means “three whites” and is generally referred to in English as "Sanpaku eyes". The term refers to the iris being rather small, so that it only covers about two-thirds or less of the vertical axis of the eye; e.g. delineate an eye into four portions; the iris would only occupy one portion of the divided four sections; thus leaving the other three in white, hence "three whites".

I was skeptical by this, as perhaps it's conditional. People's faces change a lot throughout their daily routines. However no one can deny that some have fairly overpowering "moods" that dominate their lives.
When I found all of these pictures, it started to make me realize this may be less of a myth, and more of a physical condition.

And when I'm down, real Sanpaku
And I don't know what to do
Aisumasen, Aisumasen Yoko San

In John F. Kennedy’s case, he struggled with Parkinson’s and pain associated with back problems. This would be enough to account for being Sanpaku, since suffering with these conditions would wear down even the strongest person.

However, the simple diagnostic of Sanpaku can help anyone quickly and accurately assess his or her condition. One simply notes one’s appearance in the bathroom mirror upon arising and then later on during the day if possible.

But is there more to this? Can this be used as a tool to sense upcoming danger? And why is it used symbolically throughout films and other art forms, especially when this isn't exactly a famous or widely acknowledged condition.

It appears these two have more in common than most would admit.

Or the Dinosaur film, was it mere coincidence that they chose to give the dino in this cover a hardcore case of Sanpaku?

A Clockwork Orange,
Very famous book and movie, I was surprised to see this done so intentionally for both book and film covers.

Eyes wide Shut --- Though I wanted to share the original cover, it was definitely against ATS policy due to it's graphic nature. However this gets the message across, doesn't t?

Here is a list of other interesting pictures; these are pictures taken merely years or even months before their death:

---

So you have cases of exhaustion, pain, sickness. Not everyone with Sanpaku dies, rather:

Below

If you have white visible at the bottom of your eyes, then look out — the world is out to get you. This condition, supposedly means that you’re in danger from the outside world.

Above

If you have white visible above the eyes, this means that the inside world is a danger to you — i.e., you’re unable to control your emotions and it leads you to do terrible, terrible things.

There are many more just like her. These are the ones that need to be watched, though it might be tough... Let's be honest, she's pretty freaky in the entire face.

---

www.macrobiotic.org...
www.tofugu.com...
Huge List of Sanpaku used Symbolically

Thank you. I'm looking forward to hearing members comments on this unusual condition.
I've left out my MK Ultra theories for a part two.

edit on 10-1-2013 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Looks like catch light to me. These pictures show that there are 3 light sources on the person being photographed. Or the light is above and shining down on them.

Each white spot in the eye just lets you know where the light sources are coming from.
edit on 10-1-2013 by frostbitemartini because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by frostbitemartini

I suggest you do some digging of your own, maybe compare some other pictures of the subjects above.
You'll find that for the most part they retain the condition of sanpaku.

Interestingly and regardless of lighting, you'll also find that this condition is used symbolically throughout many paintings, movies, books, and album covers.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I have this. So how much time do I have left?

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I played around with this in the mirror. With head angle proper I can induce all the responses. The psychopathic eyes make for a dramatic effect. I will try this on some people and see if I can get specific reactions. Otherwise my eyes behaved normally just looking straight into the mirror. I guess I am typically normal, but I don't have to be, jajajajaja.

OMG. I spoke too soon. It appears my avatar photo shows some white at the bottom. That was taken over 8 years ago and was still living in the US then. I am more normal, more relaxed now.

edit on 10-1-2013 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

Kinda of interesting and I have never heard of this before - Sanpaku. I did a quick read on the article you supplied and I looked at all your pictures. However, I still find myself, as you originally stated - skeptical.

From your source document:

There is currently no scientific evidence that supports the existence of the sanpaku eyes phenomenon. There is also no evidence to suggest that many of the listed conditions, such as the overconsumption of grain, are related to sclera visibility. Additionally, searching the term “sanpaku” does not yield any results in any mainstream psychological or medical journals.

Loved the Lennon song, btw!!! Lennon/Beatles Rule!!!!

Cheers!! ID

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Pretty neat, Cap. Very intriguing loose thread you tugged on there. Mind Games is one of my favorite Lennon albums and I guess I never really thought about what Sanpaku meant. I think aisumasen means "I'm sorry" ? I remember reading that or hearing that at one point.

I just checked and I do NOT have sanpaku eyes...I would have expected to have them because I've been through some serious stuff haha. If anybody could make a case for sanpaku eyes, it would be me. I will check a few more times throughout the day/week etc.

I do, however, have narcoleptic eyes
which look something like this:

Anyhow, great catch

edit on 11-1-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

Explanation: S&F!

Please provide a picture without any sanpaku eyes as a reference point.

Personal Disclosure: I look forward to seeing such a picture to compare with.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap
Hello ATS,

I've recently came across an unusual phenomena known as Sanpaku.

Sanpaku gan (三白眼) or Sanpaku (三白) is a Japanese term that means “three whites” and is generally referred to in English as "Sanpaku eyes". The term refers to the iris being rather small, so that it only covers about two-thirds or less of the vertical axis of the eye; e.g. delineate an eye into four portions; the iris would only occupy one portion of the divided four sections; thus leaving the other three in white, hence "three whites".

I was skeptical by this, as perhaps it's conditional. People's faces change a lot throughout their daily routines. However no one can deny that some have fairly overpowering "moods" that dominate their lives.
When I found all of these pictures, it started to make me realize this may be less of a myth, and more of a physical condition.

And when I'm down, real Sanpaku
And I don't know what to do
Aisumasen, Aisumasen Yoko San

In John F. Kennedy’s case, he struggled with Parkinson’s and pain associated with back problems. This would be enough to account for being Sanpaku, since suffering with these conditions would wear down even the strongest person.

However, the simple diagnostic of Sanpaku can help anyone quickly and accurately assess his or her condition. One simply notes one’s appearance in the bathroom mirror upon arising and then later on during the day if possible.

But is there more to this? Can this be used as a tool to sense upcoming danger? And why is it used symbolically throughout films and other art forms, especially when this isn't exactly a famous or widely acknowledged condition.

It appears these two have more in common than most would admit.

Or the Dinosaur film, was it mere coincidence that they chose to give the dino in this cover a hardcore case of Sanpaku?

A Clockwork Orange,
Very famous book and movie, I was surprised to see this done so intentionally for both book and film covers.

Eyes wide Shut --- Though I wanted to share the original cover, it was definitely against ATS policy due to it's graphic nature. However this gets the message across, doesn't t?

Here is a list of other interesting pictures; these are pictures taken merely years or even months before their death:

---

So you have cases of exhaustion, pain, sickness. Not everyone with Sanpaku dies, rather:

Below

If you have white visible at the bottom of your eyes, then look out — the world is out to get you. This condition, supposedly means that you’re in danger from the outside world.

Above

If you have white visible above the eyes, this means that the inside world is a danger to you — i.e., you’re unable to control your emotions and it leads you to do terrible, terrible things.

There are many more just like her. These are the ones that need to be watched, though it might be tough... Let's be honest, she's pretty freaky in the entire face.

---

www.macrobiotic.org...
www.tofugu.com...
Huge List of Sanpaku used Symbolically

Thank you. I'm looking forward to hearing members comments on this unusual condition.
I've left out my MK Ultra theories for a part two.

edit on 10-1-2013 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

Originally posted by OmegaLogos reply to post by ThinkingCap

Explanation: S&F! Please provide a picture without any sanpaku eyes as a reference point. Personal Disclosure: I look forward to seeing such a picture to compare with.

i too would like to see a "normal" set of eyes (sanpaku)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
This is what a normal eye looks like -- you can see the sclera only on the left and right, but not underneath the iris.

Normal eye

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I have a bit of sanpaku eyes, and strangely, I have been under a lot of stress from the outside.

This post is really interesting and I give it a star.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by sylvie
This is what a normal eye looks like -- you can see the sclera only on the left and right, but not underneath the iris.

Normal eye

Thanks, I've been really busy recently and haven't had any real ATS time to catch up with comments on this thread.

Basically you hit the nail on the head. That is a prime example or a normal eye when in a relaxed forward-gazing position.

It's good to watch a video of any of the people I listed above. Don't settle for a picture, I only showed you Sanpaku's existence.... There's many aspects of behavior that can be accurately used to gauge a person's mental and emotional state; lying is only one reason people get into behavioralism.

martial artists are adept behaviorlists so they can defend themselves from the physical world.

What do we do to defend ourselves from the mental?

this thread is about "extreme yang" or "extreme yin" --- This is definitely more complex if you want to get into the psychology of it. What interests me is these infamous/famed people seem to retain one of the other. I have my doubts pharmaceuticals are the only culprit.

top topics

join