It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real fix to mass murder in America

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven

Originally posted by randomtangentsrme
reply to post by Xeven

In the school district I went to there were school psychologists.
So no need for new taxes. They're already there, not fixing the problem.

Not nearly enough and the few school counselors that exists are not currently there to seek out potential mentally ill children and get them help. We need the psychologist and a plan to focus and correct problems. The really can't do much currently.

Again, my school district had psychologists, not just counselors.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Most hunting rifles are more powerful than the deamonized ar-15. Dont try to fix issues you know nothing about.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I think that until you get people to take personal responsibility for themselves nothing else will help

No amount of taxes are going to make crazy people sane.......

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by MJZoo

The tax would be on new guns sales, gun powder, bullets etc...no it would not reduce the guns out there now nor is that my intent. It would reduce total guns in the future though cause some wont buy them due to price. The main focus is mental health not the guns.

The only good argument currently comming to my mind is that why should "guns" be singled out to provide the revenue for a new mental health plan for the children but I think the political climate right now could allow such a new tax rather than more gun control.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
How about the media and citizens stop giving the perpetrators, who would otherwise die nameless, so much attention?

How about we solve some other problems... like cancer, heart disease, car fatalities, lack of decent education/opportunities for many, etc.

I mean these things affect literally 1,000x+ more people. Or is it just that people don't give a &@*# about math?

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by geocom
I think that until you get people to take personal responsibility for themselves nothing else will help

No amount of taxes are going to make crazy people sane.......

What you propose is imposible unless you have an idea on how to achieve your goal?

edit on 10-1-2013 by Xeven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

Another point is guns didn't make anyone crazy lets tax gas instead or better yet a nationwide food tax more revenue more help for the ones that need it..

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Not a bad idea.

However, the psychologists should also identify those children with mental issues that would make them a bad risk to be a gun owner. This information should be put in a national database and they should never be allowed to purchase guns.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by geocom
reply to post by Xeven

Another point is guns didn't make anyone crazy lets tax gas instead or better yet a nationwide food tax more revenue more help for the ones that need it..

I would argue that there is no political climate for any other new tax to fund a new mental health program other than perhaps what I proposed. Most americans would not support a new food tax but many right now would support large taxes on gun sales.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

And this tax idea of yours is idiotic. There are much bigger fish to fry than this slight gun issue

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
And that could be argued easily however I myself am in favor of less taxes all the way around

And the comment on tax cars and or food was an example of how we as people should be ashamed of ourselves for using a situation like the Newtown CT incident to create a new tax sounds like something a politician would do

At any rate there is plenty of money in D.C. Already if they had to sit down and balance the check book my guess is there would be a surplus of money but they won't and they will take a new tax and it will get robbed from and borrowed from just like all the other taxes we currently pay so it won't fix a thing not one thing.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by MyHappyDogShiner
How about being sure that the most vulnerable of us are protected by people who can exersize their 2nd Amendment rights if they choose to or not?.

If a guy had a bad day,and felt like going on a killing spree,and he wasn't necessarily suicidal,he would definitely consider the possibility that a good number of people may be exersizing their right to bear arms,and put an end to his shooting spree right quick like.

More like they'd acquire body armour, and then hit whatever target they'd decided on fast and hard. Good look being prepared to react calmly and efficiently in that situation. ,

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

So poor people don't have the right to defend themselves?

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by AkumaStreak

Bravo! There's some meat! Stop personalizing murder, stop interviewing victims families, stop making these murderers famous. Keep it local. Delegate it to rumor. I don't want to see their face!

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven
reply to post by AwakeinNM

If you are a psychologist are you going to go to a school and do what I proposed for free?

How about school districts operating within their means like everyone else has to do? Nah, government entities can waste as much money as they want - they'll just scream for more - and get it.

Teachers get no psychological training? They can't see problem students that need attention? I don't think you need one in every school. If there were at least one psycho in every school, there would be a lot more shootings, don't you think?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join