It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forget banning guns let's ban football - Seau Diagnosed With Disease Caused by Hits to Head

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I loved Junior and I am from San Diego and had the pleasure of working with his aunt at Callaway Golf. In my home town he was a hero before leaving us and did allot for the community and was an icon.

I think we should now ban football because someone took to many hits and used a gun to commit suicide.
End of sarcasm..

We need to stop blaming objects and take responsiblity for ourselves as adults and parents.
We live in a society where nobody ever wants to place blame on a person and would rather blame something else.

Maybe they will improve the helmet quality to lower the risk of head trauma so we don't see more of this in the future.

More than 30 NFL players have in recent years been diagnosed with CTE, a condition once known as "punch drunk" because it affected boxers who had taken multiple blows to the head. Last year, some 4,000 retired players filed lawsuits against the league over its alleged failure to protect players from brain injuries.

RIP Junior!!

Link to story
edit on 10-1-2013 by knowledgedesired because: Added article title

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
"Last year, some 4,000 retired players filed lawsuits against the league over its alleged failure to protect players from brain injuries. "

Oh please, what do you expect? Run as fast as you can face first into another giant guy doing the same. Enjoy your millions.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by tehdouglas

its funny was just having this conversation in another tread with a similar title, but this is my thoughts of football players and head and spine injuries.

people that hurt there spine and head in nfl obviously place the hardness of the hit over the accuracy, and effectiveness of the hit, which says to me they deserve a darwin award. to me its common sense to want to place the importance of skill, agility and awareness over strength, but i guess when your teachers passed you through school so you could play in the big game your brain is not challenged ever and there fore common sense does not come so easy.(oh yeah im sure the roids dont help either) tackling and hitting is a integral part of football, if players want to play football, and not master the art of there trade its on them, it does not mean that the sport is any tougher, it only means that people are not as smart in the nfl as in other sports. but this is america you dont get payed millions for being smart.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I live in San Diego...

Mr. Seau was a coward. I loved to watch him play. What he did was selfish.

He offed himself over a 25 year old surfer chick that he was in love with.

Before this cowardly act, he made sure and attached him name to everything kids.

Blame NFL Football if you want...But, the guy wasn't a genius to stat with.

The point of your thread does not escape me.

We seem to want to assign blame to people that had nothing to do with these tragic events...

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
The other problem is football players know the risks when they sign that contract. Unfortunately the money is just too damn good to pass up on. 10-15 years ago you could argue that players like Seau had no idea of the trauma now they do but I don't think you'll see many changes in players. What Roger Goodell is doing for football is absolutely wonderful. He has many haters who thinks he taking from the game by reducing violence but he's only enhancing it. Fans don't watch football for the violence...it's to see the best players on the field and that's why we protect the QB the way we do.

new topics

top topics

join