It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Statement From the NRA Regarding Today's White House Task Force Meeting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
The NRA has released a statement regarding today's task force meeting. They are not happy. This sounds pretty bad for gun owners.

We were disappointed with how little this meeting had to do with keeping our children safe and how much it had to do with an agenda to attack the Second Amendment. While claiming that no policy proposals would be “prejudged,” this Task Force spent most of its time on proposed restrictions on lawful firearms owners - honest, taxpaying, hardworking Americans. It is unfortunate that this Administration continues to insist on pushing failed solutions to our nation's most pressing problems. We will not allow law-abiding gun owners to be blamed for the acts of criminals and madmen. Instead, we will now take our commitment and meaningful contributions to members of congress of both parties who are interested in having an honest conversation about what works - and what does not.

N RA

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Let me put on my shocked expression.. can't seem to find it...

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
me thinks tis time to joins teh nra!

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

It feels good to know they're not backing down.
I just called my husband and told him it's time to join.

edit on 10-1-2013 by Ireminisce because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

Join the GOA. That fellow is not allowed at that table because they knew he would destroy their argument not just be disappointed by the obvious gun grab.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Unless they'd of given every American 2 dozen fire arms and 1000 boxes of ammo the NRA would always of complained as thats their job to make flog guns.....hit your thumb with an hammer and the NRA will blame it on gun control or the fact that you didn't have a vulcan cannon at your side when you tried to hit the nail

link   
I've been lifelong NRA member. Reading this caused me to phone in and donate several hundred dollars to their effort to protect the 2nd Amendment. Folks, if you believe in the Constitution, even if you are not a gun owner, it is time to join the NRA in fighting this progressive creep toward tyranny. Call them today and join or make a small donation to further the cause.

link   
Anyone with any amount of common sense knows that this has nothing to do with the safety of our children. It has ONLY to do with the safety of our corrupt leaders. THere is no way they can continue to rape us of our rights unless they disarm us.

This is a tired old tactic used countless times throughout history to pass legislation which would have otherwise been unpopular. ALWAYS use "the children". People will ALWAYS fall in line and go to extreme measures in order to "protect the children".

I mean, who doesn't want to "protect the children"????
I suppose you WANT children to die?????
If not then you would support the disarming of Americans.

If you don't give up your guns then you're a child killer!!!!
And you support other child killers!!!!

Ohhh, I can hear it all now.
WAAAAY before it happens, I can actually hear it playing out in my head.
The same worn out, tired ass tactics used over and over again, with no one bothering to notice they are getting played like a fiddle.

Carry on, Government.
Carry on U.S. Citizen.
Carry on Humanity.

When will we learn???
When oh when?

edit on 10-1-2013 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Ireminisce

This has ZERO to do with the recent shootings, this has been in the works for a few years, they just needed a catalyst to help kickstart their agenda.
Look at the things thats gone on thats led up to this. A heavy increase in DHS/TSA presence into our lives, the recent purchases of BILLIONS of rounds of ammunition by various Govt agencies.
The 2nd amendment is on the chopping block now and the 1st amendment has been on the block for a while now.
Remember what happened to the Vet that was peacefully protesting during the occupy movement, he got a canister to the head and when people rushed in to help him, they were hit with stun/flash grenades.
You anti-constitiunalists better wake up and smell the tyrany before it bites you in the ass as well.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
phew, i was having trouble finding a thread about guns.
nowhere nearly enough about this on ats

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by skalla

This an official statement from the NRA about today's meeting. It's not just a random gun thread.

It's also the first thread I've made that even pertains to the gun control issue. I'm not ranting, just passing along information.
edit on 10-1-2013 by Ireminisce because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by dc4lifeskater
me thinks tis time to joins teh nra!

Please. The NRA are gun grabbers Judas Goat trash.

They supported the gun bans of 34, 68 and 94.

They really are statists posing as second amendment protectors.

Join real pro-gun rights organisations instead...

Like Jews For The Preservation Of Firearms Ownership or Gun Owners of America.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
It's been obvious all along that they could care less about the protection of children or people. They want one thing and the agenda has been clear from the beginning to those that have been paying attention, and the sad thing is they will use anything to justify it.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
washingtonexaminer.com... m_medium=internal_outb#.UO85EXfjGGM found this one in another thread but i took it as good news but i do know nothing about the site its from so take it with a grain of salt

With President Obama’s announcement of a commission to study and recommend ways to reduce gun violence, the two most important Democrats in government — Obama and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid — have both indicated a desire to slow the momentum toward gun control in the wake of the Newtown, Connecticut school shootings. The president’s decision to appoint a blue-ribbon panel — the classic Washington ploy to defuse and delay consideration of an issue — along with Reid’s inaction on the gun question will undoubtedly frustrate many in their party who want immediate action. Obama seemed to anticipate that frustration when he announced the creation of the commission, to be headed by Vice President Joe Biden, in the White House briefing room Wednesday morning. “This is not some Washington commission,” Obama said. “This is not something where folks are going to be studying the issue for six months and publishing a report that gets read and then pushed aside.” To stress his determination, Obama said the Biden Commission must report its findings in January. Its task, he said, is “to pull together real reforms right now.” Obama’s move will likely dissipate the energy behind gun control advocacy on Capitol Hill. It’s unlikely that even the most pro-gun-control Democrats would want to get out in front of the Biden Commission and pass specific measures. And the political world, and the emotional intensity behind the gun issue, could be quite different even a month from now. So Obama is stopping Democratic momentum, and he knows it. Republicans know it, too. “The creation of a commission is by definition an effort to freeze in place whatever object it seeks to examine,” says one senior Republican Senate aide.
so hopefully this source is accurate and it means things are gonna be slowing down as far as the gun control attempts go

top topics

join