It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Believe America is not as divided as the world may think

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by rockymcgilicutty
reply to post by thoughtfuldeliquent

Those who enjoy their own emotionally bad health and who habitually fill their own minds wtih the rank poisons of suspicion,jealousy,and hatred.As a rule take umbrage at those who refuse to do likewise,and they find a perverted relife in trying to denigrate them

So you're describing yourself now? You have no clue what fills my mind. If you want to talk about me you need only ask, and I will share with you my beliefs. I do not believe in race, power, religion, jealousy, control. I believe that I am part of a sum of energy that brings the universe to a total of zero, and that the observer makes something true; that doesn't necessarily mean that is the way that it is - or that money is evil, or that hollywood is destroying youth; but it is the people who are trapped by their own minds using those things to justify their actions.

To me it doesn't matter what someone does with their life, but if someone asks my advice or puts their opinion up to be observed; then they are asking for comparison and judgement.

edit:
I also want to add that my heart is full of love for all the people in this world, even when the curse of subjectivity gets the best of me, I do my best to erase those feelings and memories that are negative in nature and try to realign my brain to seeing them as just myself; in a different time and place, having to make choices much like myself.

I wouldn't turn someone away if they asked for my help; no matter how much spite people may feel for that person. I wouldn't advise someone that everything is fine and you should be ignorant. Instead I'd advise them to look within, and question themselves, to find out who they truly are. The answer to me is that we simply are alive, we are not a personality, or a profession or a class, or whatever. We are connected by life, and life is everything.

edit on 13-1-2013 by thoughtfuldeliquent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by HelenConway

Originally posted by DENBY
Can anyone name one Country aside from the USA wherein People are so eager/desperate to get in that it has caused Illegal Immigration to become a Major issue/problem to said host Country?

I believe in answer to this question the silence will be deafening.

The United States.

Unique Admired Envied

Britain, Italy, France, Norway, Sweden , etc

Legalize 12 million illegal Mexican immigrants:

Just giving these 12 million potential new citizens free healthcare alone could overwhelm the system and bankrupt America . But it adds 12 million reliable new Democrat voters who can be counted on to support big government. Add another few trillion dollars in welfare, aid to dependent children, food stamps, free medical, education, tax credits for the poor, and eventually Social Security.
Britain, Italy, France, Norway, Sweden dont give out free passports
Im Proud to be a American Tax payer, just tired of feeding the big family i didnt ask for...

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by CincinnatiReds

Well I wouldn't call it optimistic but there is indeed much hype about the divisions in US society. The issues are not new they are justs exacerbated due to decline of the quality of life, especially now that it can't be blamed to outside threats, even if they try.

Fists it was the commies, then the war on drugs now the terrorists they are grasping at straws to continue the same methodology of control by fear. It should be clear by now to most that all external treats had and have no relation to the what is propagandized and most are directly aggravated by US policies or outright creations of the US.

The Soviets had to respond to the US pressures after WW2, even the atomic arms race was a great lie perpetrated to the American public. The war on drugs is also a facade to interfere and maintain a subservient South America, the problem is the market at home and the fallacy that it can be resolved without addressing the demand part of the market. Then we get to the terrorists mostly directly supported by the US across the world directly or indirectly by policies that push people into that type of response.

At home the US has been always divided. Starting by the differences between the north and the south, the coastal areas and the interior, add to that racial prejudice and religious bigotry (even some straight out crazy stuff), the crony capitalism and the federal state interventionism to erode regional governance (in an attempt to normalize the distinct states and remove any internal threat and dissent), the dependency the US always had of emigrants fro cheap labor and technological advancement and things are more or less the same as they always have been for the last 50-60 years with the exception that the state in bankrupt and citizens started to realize what lays ahead is not better days. The death of the American dream is now a indisputable reality, the previous process of social classes and social climbing has been broken, better education and effort does not anymore guarantee a better future...

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by madenusa

Originally posted by HelenConway

Originally posted by DENBY
Can anyone name one Country aside from the USA wherein People are so eager/desperate to get in that it has caused Illegal Immigration to become a Major issue/problem to said host Country?

I believe in answer to this question the silence will be deafening.

The United States.

Unique Admired Envied

Britain, Italy, France, Norway, Sweden , etc

Legalize 12 million illegal Mexican immigrants:

Just giving these 12 million potential new citizens free healthcare alone could overwhelm the system and bankrupt America . But it adds 12 million reliable new Democrat voters who can be counted on to support big government. Add another few trillion dollars in welfare, aid to dependent children, food stamps, free medical, education, tax credits for the poor, and eventually Social Security.
Britain, Italy, France, Norway, Sweden dont give out free passports
Im Proud to be a American Tax payer, just tired of feeding the big family i didnt ask for...

Oh I wish it was so - Britain is a tiny island native population about 55 million - 10 million plus have arrived on our shores in the past 10 - 12 years most from poor countries, most on benefits, housing

We are bankrupt as a result.

edit on 13-1-2013 by HelenConway because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Who Loves and Hates America: A Revealing Map of Global Opinion Toward the U.S.

click this thing mwakilishi

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join