I Believe America is not as divided as the world may think

page: 1
5
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I posted this on breaking political news,because it may come to a shock to some.Yes we have our differences.Be they pro gun, anti gun.pro war ,anti war .keep or troops there, bring them home.

Throughtout our history,there has beem political ideology that has seperated us.WW1, WW2, Civil Rights,States Rights, Vietnam.Mccarthism,Slavery the list goes on and on.But somehow we have setteled those differences.IMO this means the system works.

I myself am sure glad that we live in a country where we are free to make those choices.What ever may come.We are the American people.

So I ask you after the polititics are over.Are You Proud To Be A American?


I Am





posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I think you're being a little too optimistic.



posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I'm afraid we now have computers counting our votes. We lose IMO.



posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty
 


I am not exactly "proud" to be American. I am proud of my countries accomplishments.

I believe in us as a people. We dont need to be the "greatest" country in the world to have a positive sense of national unity. That just sounds like 80´s cold war propaganda.

We are a great people and I am proud to consider my people an extended family of sorts because they are worthy and that instills gratitude and a sense of honor to be preserved.

I love the fact that I am american. We have a great home.

It is more love than pride. I LOVE my country, MY PEOPLE. The best part is there is no single race, creed or source to it. We are the world made to live together and we arent too shabby at it either.

I have not seen another people cry at their anthem, or at their national symbolism. While other countries have done atrocities under the pretenses of nationalism, We have grown a sense of unity and harmony.

Look for yourself. what people still to this day CRY at the sound of their anthem or for seeing their flag. It is pure love of home and people. Others may mock it, but inside they wish they had that sense of unity that we do. It is reassuring and makes you really feel close to your people.

edit on 10-1-2013 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I also am proud to be an American. Embarrassed and humiliated about the inability of the citizens to do anything about a crazy, self serving war mongering Government.

I have to admit I lose a lot of pride when I see dead children our lovely war machine has left on the ground of foreign countries



posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty
 





IMO this means the system works.


It isn't divided I do agree and told my version in this thread here about your *elections*

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The system could work if they quit pretending everything is divided right down the middle....its not.



posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by CincinnatiReds
 

So you are not at all proud to be a American?Remove all current events and reply from what this country is about deep down please.BTW I am just across from you on the good side of the river KY
edit on 10-1-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by zedVSzardoz
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty
 


I am not exactly "proud" to be American. I am proud of my countries accomplishments.

I believe in us as a people. We dont need to be the "greatest" country in the world to have a positive sense of national unity. That just sounds like 80´s cold war propaganda.

We are a great people and I am proud to consider my people an extended family of sorts because they are worthy and that instills gratitude and a sense of honor to be preserved.

I love the fact that I am american. We have a great home.

It is more love than pride. I LOVE my country, MY PEOPLE. The best part is there is no single race, creed or source to it. We are the world made to live together and we arent too shabby at it either.

I have not seen another people cry at their anthem, or at their national symbolism. While other countries have done atrocities under the pretenses of nationalism, We have grown a sense of unity and harmony.

Look for yourself. what people still to this day CRY at the sound of their anthem or for seeing their flag. It is pure love of home and people. Others may mock it, but inside they wish they had that sense of unity that we do. It is reassuring and makes you really feel close to your people.

edit on 10-1-2013 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)


That was very well said!! I salute you!!You should have written the post.



posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
This is not a boast it is a fact.

When there is a Presidential Election in the United States there are far more people than just American Citizens that pay attention.

Billions of people all across the Planet root for their desired candidate and this shows just how important to the World at large just who takes the office of the American Presidency. More so than any other country on Earth people look to the United States with hope that the U.S. will be able to make their lives a little bit better even if they are living in another country far away.

The responsibilities of the United States and a U.S. President is emmense. Since the United States is not only the Worlds Largest Economy as well as a Military Superpower without peer...the U.S. has a responsibility to do the things that other nations could not even hope to do.

When Japan was hit with a massive Earthquake and Tsunami...U.S. Naval and other U.S. Military Forces and agencies were able to save Japanese that their own Government and Military were unable to save. The U.S. provided relief to areas in Japan that were only accessable to U.S. Military capabilities and as a result thousands of people were saved.

This U.S. Aid was veiwed so profoundly that the Japanese Government that had stated it would not allow a USN. Nuclear Carrier Group to continue to be based in Japan did a 180 because of the Japanese publics praise of that Carrier Group as well as the Japanese publics DEMAND that their government not attempt to force the U.S. Nuclear Carrier Group to leave Japan.

The same type of help and aid was given to many countries and their people after the Indonesian Tsunami. And there is no other country in the World that supplies the vast amount of Aid in food and Medical supplies that the United States does. The U.S. may not be perfect but when compared to any other nation there is no comparison.

Split Infinity



posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty
 


I believe you might not be aware of what the world thinks of the U.S, or how the political scene is like in other countries.

Most "normal" countries people have made sure that there are a lot more than two parties to vote on, and they actually vote on the parties themselves and not two candidates whose personal lives seem to be the most interesting part to be scrutinized prior an election.



posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty
 





IMO this means the system works.
.

It isn't divided I do agree and told my version in this thread here about your *elections*

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The system could work if they quit pretending everything is divided right down the middle....its not.


My point is we have been here before and will be again but we did work it out.No offense but from your location status.I see you are a Canadian so I won't ask again if regardless of current political events. Are proud to be a American?



posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
This is not a boast it is a fact.

When there is a Presidential Election in the United States there are far more people than just American Citizens that pay attention.

Billions of people all across the Planet root for their desired candidate and this shows just how important to the World at large just who takes the office of the American Presidency. More so than any other country on Earth people look to the United States with hope that the U.S. will be able to make their lives a little bit better even if they are living in another country far away.

The responsibilities of the United States and a U.S. President is emmense. Since the United States is not only the Worlds Largest Economy as well as a Military Superpower without peer...the U.S. has a responsibility to do the things that other nations could not even hope to do.

When Japan was hit with a massive Earthquake and Tsunami...U.S. Naval and other U.S. Military Forces and agencies were able to save Japanese that their own Government and Military were unable to save. The U.S. provided relief to areas in Japan that were only accessable to U.S. Military capabilities and as a result thousands of people were saved.

This U.S. Aid was veiwed so profoundly that the Japanese Government that had stated it would not allow a USN. Nuclear Carrier Group to continue to be based in Japan did a 180 because of the Japanese publics praise of that Carrier Group as well as the Japanese publics DEMAND that their government not attempt to force the U.S. Nuclear Carrier Group to leave Japan.

The same type of help and aid was given to many countries and their people after the Indonesian Tsunami. And there is no other country in the World that supplies the vast amount of Aid in food and Medical supplies that the United States does. The U.S. may not be perfect but when compared to any other nation there is no comparison.

Split Infinity


Bravo!!!!



posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
It is divided bad...

It'll only get worse as long as the government keeps influencing media and public education.

This country will not be able to recover from the stupidity they plant in the people.



posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nevertheless
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty
 


I believe you might not be aware of what the world thinks of the U.S, or how the political scene is like in other countries.

Most "normal" countries people have made sure that there are a lot more than two parties to vote on, and they actually vote on the parties themselves and not two candidates whose personal lives seem to be the most interesting part to be scrutinized prior an election.


No you missed my point I Don't Care What The Rest Of the world thinks.I care what Americans think.The rest of the world treats us like teenage kids treat their parents.They bad mouth us until they need Something.Then we always forgive them and help them out.



posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
It is being divided, worse than ever. There are two groups.

1) Live off the government freebies, have never supported themselves, complain about everyone in group 2

2) Those who work and are forced to hand over 40-50% of their pay through hundreds of state and federal taxes to support group 1



posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by xstealth
 


Samething was said durning the Vietnam protest.Is that behind us now?Did that divide heal?

edit on 10-1-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty
 


No....i am not proud of things i have no control over,I could have been born anywhere.
I am only proud of things i accomplished,not things I have no control over.
Banging your chest being proud of something you have no control over is kind of monkeyish to me and i really do hope we have evolved beyond apes and monkeys,for me,the jury is still out on that one.

The thread i linked you was agreeing with your point about everyone being not as divided as people want US (not the US but us as a people) to think,regardless of what country I am from....we do it here too.

Since the U.S. is under the microscope more,i used U.S politics as my topic.

Also,its AN American,not a American.


edit on 10-1-2013 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun
 


I guess you got offended.How could you answer my question "Are You Proud To Be A American" if you aren't one.This post was not even meant for you.
edit on 10-1-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Can anyone name one Country aside from the USA wherein People are so eager/desperate to get in that it has caused Illegal Immigration to become a Major issue/problem to said host Country?

I believe in answer to this question the silence will be deafening.


The United States.

Unique Admired Envied




posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun
 


The concept that you have no ability to effect change or policy is self defeating. We have great ability to do this all we need is more people to understand that they actually have to get off their asses and do something.

The U.S. may seem to be divided politically but as past disasters have shown...the American People will very quickly rally to each others aid in the event of a disaster or attack.

Many terrorists around the World discovered this to their detriment.

Split Infinity





new topics
top topics
 
5
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join