It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

multiple ufos on mars ,aliens living in the mountains on mars !!! proof actual photos from curiosity

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008
reply to post by Unity_99

JPEG Artifacts as has been pointed out with examples if you guys are going to rely on photographic evidence at least learn about the subject

Actually, Unity_99's "objects" were a combination of JPEG compression AND a speck of dust on the lens of the Right Mastcam (dust which has been there on every Right Mastcam image taken since Curiosity landed). The image used by the OP and unity_99 was low-resolution, which added to the artifact issue (the low-res of the dust created an artifact).

Here are high-resolution images of those same spots shown in unity_99's post. As you can see, it is a spot on the lens (it appears in the exact same part of the frame in every right mastcam picture taken since day 1 -- the upper middle part):

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

If you look at unity_99's low-resolution images in which he circled the objects

...(these images from unity_99's post):

...you can see that the "objects" are in the same spot as the speck of dust is on the images I linked above.

edit on 1/11/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Thank you green . Mystery solved. Time to move this on over to the Gray area me thinks

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Sorry, but it's actually very clear that it is where the photos are spliced together to create a panoramic photo. If you look in a direct line below your "anomalies" you can see the pixilations and mis matched rocks, etc. it's just where the individual pictures it takes come together to make a full photo.

Edit: And no, didn't read the full thread to see others figured that out too
. Guess I should have figured after I looked at the photo of 3 seconds and came to the conclusion, that my smart ATSers would too

edit on 11-1-2013 by CeeRZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by dom221211
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

dust specs? wow even when undeniable facts are shown to people they still look with blind eyes.

Stop being so defensive and admit when you've been mistaken..

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by dom221211
i1306.photobucket.com...
i1306.photobucket.com...
some of you seem to be having some trouble observing these anomalies so I circled most of them for you .enjoy

The only anomalies I see... ARE YOUR CRAZY MICROSOFT PAINT 'PENCIL TOOL (THIN)' CIRCLES!

Got to admit though I've had a good laugh reading through this thread.

Got to give it to the OP he clearly has a sense of humour.

What? He was being serious?!

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join