It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

multiple ufos on mars ,aliens living in the mountains on mars !!! proof actual photos from curiosity

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I'm sorry but I hate threads like these, the op hasn't presented his case very well but it has since turned into a witch hunt which is wrong so get a grip people.

The OP has presented his "evidence" but apart from someone talking about jpeg artifacting nobody has proven to the OP that what he is presenting is wrong.

OP

If it's jpeg artifacts then they shouldn't be on the original source from Nasa as they are in a lossless format I think?

If they are stitching artifacts then I assume they stitch the photo's horizontally rather than vertically as the points he has circled are pretty much in a straight horizontal line?

I think they could be stitching artifacts but they are too symmetrical to be jpeg artifacts imo. The jpeg artifact can be easily debunked or proven by looking at the source image from Nasa. Can you link us to the NASA source OP?

OP if you can get the answers to the questions I have posed then we can take steps to prove or disprove your theory.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

If the OP were Bernie...I'd have been foe'd again, by now. As I haven't...and the OP hasn't tried to tell us he has secret documents from NASA to back up his claims...methinks it's not Bernie....jmoho....

Bernie is much more creative than this.....remember when he posted pics of metal curtain rods, and told us it was components of a time machine. I found the exact pics he posted in a curtain rod online catalog, and posted them for him....

Des

edit on 11-1-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by mclarenmp4

I think it is to do with the fact he continues to make many threads with the exact same thing in, 3 yesterday and another today.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Well surely that's a good reason to present to him why he is wrong in what he thinks, is it not?

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Thank you Destinyone

I couldn't wait to use it.

Benard ,Did you hear about the guy.Who was into ,sadism,beastiality and necrophilism ? At least he gave it up he said it was like...........................

Just a joke dude

edit on 11-1-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by dom221211
www.nasa.gov...

You should really use NASA's/JPL's official Curiosity website rather than that NASA page you listed. The NASA one is nice for seeing some press release images and such, but it is NOT the storehouse of the raw images from Curiosity.

NASA keeps all of the raw images on the JPL website, linked below:

JPL - Curiosity Raw Images

Plus, the images on the site I linked above are categorized by which camera took the image, and on which sol the image was taken. It makes these discussions a lot easier when the camera and sol are known for each image being discussed.

edit on 1/11/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by mclarenmp4

Everyone has, his UFO's are jpeg image artifacts.
If you had read the entire thread you would know that.
edit on 11-1-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
For such free minded people all i ever see are sarcastic posts full of non belief and ridicule .. This is the one place where people would not feel they will be assaulted left and right with there thoughts ..

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by libertytoall

Originally posted by doorhandle

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
Amazing how NASA and all their experts can miss obvious proof in their own photos, yet some random person online can see it clearly.

What would we do without ATS. Secrets would remain hidden forever, never to see the light of day.

edit on 10-1-2013 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

I agree, I kinda think NASA and their partners might have noticed spaceships flying about!

And if they did find ET life or spacecrafts do you really think they would make that information public? Don't be naive..

I love this plce, but unfortunately many casual readers (like myself) of sites such as ATS, frequent them out of a curiosity to ogle at people who really shouldn't be left alone with a computer

Do you own a mirror?

same reason many watch the early rounds of the X Factor, I'm honest enough to admit I do anyway! Sorry OP xx

We can ignore everything you have to say from this point forward..
edit on 11-1-2013 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

You sir did not even remotely understand my point, just to clarify I was just highlighting that these posts get attention not because we expect to actually see evidence, but to point and stare and ridicule the OP, 99% of the replys to his post back this up I think. Off topic I know, sorry OP.

Regards NASA not making evidence of UFO's public and me being naive - maybe I am naive, this has been discussed a million times on other threads - basically it boils down to WHY, why would they cover anything up? Its not being naive its being logical my friend.

And yes I have a mirror, and am guilty as charged. Its all god fun though, hopefully the OP has a sense of humour and doesnt take these replies too seriously.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Cant see any ufos in your picture. There you see them.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by essanance
For such free minded people all i ever see are sarcastic posts full of non belief and ridicule .. This is the one place where people would not feel they will be assaulted left and right with there thoughts ..

There are limits im afraid.

Given just how often things like the OP come up these days in this forum (hell we had that mars water one before Christmas) alot of us are kinda up tight about stuff like this polluting this forum, and so it results in a collective 'putting em in their place' type event that stops the madness before it spreads. Because it WILL spread, it has before.

Free minded doesnt have to mean 'stupid'.

Granted some of the replies are a little harsh (I tend to try and at least inject a little bit of humor in to soften em a little)
edit on 11-1-2013 by BigfootNZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by mclarenmp4
I'm sorry but I hate threads like these, the op hasn't presented his case very well but it has since turned into a witch hunt which is wrong so get a grip people.

The OP has presented his "evidence" but apart from someone talking about jpeg artifacting nobody has proven to the OP that what he is presenting is wrong.

OP

If it's jpeg artifacts then they shouldn't be on the original source from Nasa as they are in a lossless format I think?

If they are stitching artifacts then I assume they stitch the photo's horizontally rather than vertically as the points he has circled are pretty much in a straight horizontal line?

I think they could be stitching artifacts but they are too symmetrical to be jpeg artifacts imo. The jpeg artifact can be easily debunked or proven by looking at the source image from Nasa. Can you link us to the NASA source OP?

OP if you can get the answers to the questions I have posed then we can take steps to prove or disprove your theory.

It was already pointed out to the OP that the images he used were NOT raw images from Curiosity, but instead were panoramic mosaics made up of several smaller images.

These panoramas are meant for press releases and are subsequently compressed using JPEG compression. Therefore, the artifacts that appear are not just limited to the lines where images were stitched together, but also may include compression artifacts -- like the ones the OP circled in the sky.

If you want to see the raw images, look to the JPL website I listed in my post above (and I listed again at the bottom of this post). The OP's color picture, for example, is a mosaic of images taken while curiosity was at the location named 'Rocknest" -- but Curiosity sat at Rocknest for 45 sols (between sols 55 and 100), so the multiple images in that mosaic were probably taken over multiple sols.

The OP should tell us which raw images (sol and number) were included in that color press release image so we can look at the raw versions rather than the compressed version.

By the way, that black-and-white image in the OP showing the rover in the foreground is a mosaic of a few dozen images take by the Navcams on sols 59 and 60. you can see the raw images used by following this link here, and clicking on the images from the Navcams (both the right and the left Navcams), looking at the images from those two sols for each of those two cameras. You will see that the JPEG compression artifacts do not exist on those raw images:

JPL - Curiosity Raw Images

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Here are the pics circled, the last second to last one almost looks like a road curving behind. The last one has an odd thing to the right of the tower type image.

To the far left of the picture I mentioned 2 posts above zoomed in.

Over an even space roughly, they're kind of spaced evenly along.

This is the very first one I noticed!

Those spots are the dust on the lens of the right mastcam (it appears on the upper center part of ALL right mastcam images). The reason it is showing up in multiple places in that image (the one in which you provided circles, which is the color image in the OP) and at regular intervals in that image is because it is a MOSAIC of several images. Therefore, the dust spot may be able to be seen in each "piece" of the mosaic in a repeated manner.

The reason why the spot looks so odd is because both you and the OP are using a compressed version of the image rather than a higher-res (or even the raw) version of the image.

Here is a higher-resolution version of that image. You can see the dust speck repeated across the mountains near the top (zoom in to the mountains see the spots I am talking about):
www.nasa.gov...

Also, please be aware that this higher-res version I linked above has been white-balanced to make the colors and contrast stand out a bit better. Here is that same mosaic NOT white-balanced (you can still see the dust speck repeated across the mountains, but the contrast and colors look a bit washed out). Again, you may need to zoom in to see the spots:
www.nasa.gov...

As I said, I think the images that make up the color mosaic were taken over several days, but I think these are some of those raw images (from sol 100, and from the right MastCam). Remember, these are not white-balanced, so they look washed out. However, the dust speck on the lens of the right MastCam can be seen very clearly:

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

EDIT TO ADD:
Oh -- and that longer horizontal object you circled (in the bottom image of your post) is simply an outcrop of rocks, which can bee easily seen as such in the high-res panorama I posted above.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

dust specs? wow even when undeniable facts are shown to people they still look with blind eyes.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by dom221211
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

dust specs? wow even when undeniable facts are shown to people they still look with blind eyes.

so I take it you didn't bother clicking on the images that I linked. Here they are again.
The speck appears in the upper middle of ALL of the right Mastcam images (not just these 4):

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Some of those raw images are included as part of this high-res mosaic (linked below), with the speck repeated due to the fact it was made from multiple raw image pieces. Zoom into the mountains and you can see the exact same speck (seen in the 4 raw images I linked above) repeated across those mountains:
www.nasa.gov...

Or in this one (same mosaic, but white-balanced):
www.nasa.gov...

I'm not in denial (or "blind eyes" as you say). I just like to fully understand what I'm looking at. Considering that you are a scientist, I thought you could appreciate that idea.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by dom221211

sorry OP but did you regsiter yesterday to test this forum?

omg

you know your just....another ...

I AM A SCIENTIST GUY !!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by dom221211

What software are you using to zoom in, this thread is a joke isn't it

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Obviously the op hadn't ever read up on any of the other finds that would probably blow his mindcap off.

www.map-base.info...

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

JPEG Artifacts as has been pointed out with examples if you guys are going to rely on photographic evidence at least learn about the subject

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join