It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vitamin C - What You Don't Know May Kill You AND Why The USDA is Wrong

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by maryhinge
reply to post by Julie Washington

a lot of the stuff you have put in your thread i see in my kids ie rough skin
depression low iron slow healing always ill long term over weight
tiredness the list goes on

so i was just wondreing how much should i give my kids
at the moment they have minadex vitamins A,C and D
A 50% rda
D 100% rda
C 75% rda

should i just add a pure vitamin c to this?

maybe add liposomal vitamin c
edit on 11/1/2013 by maryhinge because: (no reason given)

Sorry I missed this post earlier. How much to give kids?

I think that depends on their age, weight and health. But I would not hesitate to give my 4 year old grandson at least 1 tablespoon a day. Since we really have no guidelines to follow on this it's just a guess.

From research we know that it's probabaly not good to take more than 2,500mg every day. So certainly 1,000mg a day would be reasonable and only more if they get sick with something.

Many things can deplete Vitamin C so there may be times to up the dosage for a few days. It you've been injured, experienced a stressfull event, had surgery, gotten sick. All of these things deplete Vitamin C.

Personally, I wouldn't even consider any over the counter supplements for vitamin C.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Great info, thank you.

Folks this stuff is real, I can safely say ever since I have introduced a steady stream of fruit into my diet I have noticed I am more alert, clear headed and seem to require little sleep.

I am looking forward to mega dosing, makes so much sense and especially of you are actively involved in sport and training.

I have a theory that the reason why people lived much much longer in the past was because they did not have the industrial age polluting their resources, above ground and down below. The slow steady input of man made poisons and waste have depleted over 50% of the benefits of our food and the nature around us.

Big Pharma is one of those that are a part of the 7 headed hydra.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Julie Washington

Originally posted by Mugen
How about drinking a gallon of orange juice everyday? How big a difference?

No, won't work.

Your body won't absorb all the vitamin c and it will most likely give you diarrhea.

that is correct.

Your body does not store vitamin C and it can only absorb a limited amount and it does not absorb continually throughout the day either. the best time vitamin C is absorbed into your body for healing is at night while you sleep. If you take it during the day you will burn up most of it because of your active metabolism.'

Julie, already admits to having a thyroid problem so her metabolism is out of wack anyway so no one needs to follow the same regime as her.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Julie Washington

Originally posted by MDDoxs

This question may have already been asked and if so i apologize.

If it is so hard to absorb the correct amount of Vitamin C through readily available means (Supplements/food) how did our ancient ancestors get enough?

Yes, this has been discussed and debated.

In short, my opinion, is that 100's of years ago people consumed much more raw fruit and vegetables than we do today.

Look at the obesity levels of today - people are not eating healthy anymore.
edit on 11-1-2013 by Julie Washington because: (no reason given)

In the last few weeks many Obese individuals of all races in the US have been diagnose with a colonic bacterial infection that causes the body to store fat and not allow it to be burned.

I bet we will see this as epidemic for bacterial infections are contagious but when no one knows that is what the cause is it goes on for years and spreads to millions.

As more people are correctly diagnosed we will see obesity levels drop around the world.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ChesterJohn

In the last few weeks many Obese individuals of all races in the US have been diagnose with a colonic bacterial infection that causes the body to store fat and not allow it to be burned.

F Y I

Colloidal Silver lightly sprayed over the surface of the skin will kill bacterial infections like school sores and such, may also have some benifites internaly but you would need good advice for the concentration levels if one was to consider an internal application.

Most people are simply fat due to what they eat and also lack of movement.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Just FYI.

Each dose has 937mg (1 oz) of C with at about 700mg encapsulated.

At an 80% absorption rate in the body you should get 560mg of C per dose.

=======================================================

Currently I am taking 1.5 oz 2x's a day, once in the morning and once in the afternoon.

That means I should be getting 840 mg per dose for a total of 1,680 mg per day.

Certainly not a large amount and still under the USDA's considered tolerable amount.

If I feel any hit of a cold or flu coming on I will definately double my dosage. But since everyone's body is different, I may find the need to up it even more, so it will be a bit of an experiment.

Funny, 1,680 mgs a day doesn't seem like a "mega dose" to me. Where I've seen in medical studies on cancer patients or other ill people have taken IV's drips of 50,000 - 100,000 mgs. Now that is a mega dose!

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by fireyaguns
reply to post by ChesterJohn

F Y I

Colloidal Silver lightly sprayed over the surface of the skin will kill bacterial infections like school sores and such, may also have some benifites internaly but you would need good advice for the concentration levels if one was to consider an internal application.

Most people are simply fat due to what they eat and also lack of movement.

yep that is a proven fact but once you have it, it takes more than just colloidal silver to get rid of it. proper diet along with colloidal siver and other antibacterials and it takes about 3 months the person can be cured and back to normal wieght. Oh yea and exercise
edit on 11-1-2013 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I am extremely healthy, feel great, and can think quite clearly.
For all my life even.

And I Never take supplements. Its unnecessary, as I have a reasonable diet.

Having a good diet is all you need, dont buy into the supplement industry propaganda, its overpriced anyway.

If you are sick and desparate , go ahead and try it though since its somewhat safe.

But ask yourself this:
How did people live heathy historically before the advent of supplements?
A: A good diet

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Muzzleflash -

This is in response to the questions about why in the past that Vitamin C wasn't such an issue.

Declining Nutrition of Fruits and Vegetables

"...Actually, there is some evidence that the fruits and vegetables available to most people today don't contain the nutritional value they had about 40 or 50 years ago."

In 2004, a University of Texas research team headed by biochemist Donald Davis, Ph.D., analyzed a U.S. Department of Agriculture report on 43 common garden fruits and vegetables and found that almost half of the substances containing minerals important to good health had lost some nutritional value.

Why Did This Happen

"...the nutritional value in some produce was diluted through faster methods major agro-farm companies employed to grow high-yield crops to meet consumer demand."

According to U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) nutrient data, calcium content of broccoli which averaged 12.9 milligrams per gram of dry weight in 1950, had declined to only 4.4 mg/g dry weight in 2003

So in broccoli alone, the nutrient value has declined 60% in 50 years.

And in a study of much longer duration, Davis reported that in wheat and barley crops, protein concentrations declined by 30 to 50 percent between the years 1938 and 1990.

This is why we can't get enough vitamins in our diet!

Oh, then bring home that broccoli and cook it and it loses another 30% of it's nutrients.

I recomment reading this link:
Source

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
The supplement industry sells legal over the counter non prescription drugs. Sure they are safer in general than most pharmaceuticals. Supplements are sold in the pharmacy, and its essentially pill pushing.

I dont need pills to be happy and healthy.
And neither do most of you.

Placebo effect, fear based deceptive marketing, cha ching $$$

Stick to the fresh fruits and veggies isle.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   

So why arent I unhealthy?
I barely eat once to twice a day.

Logic dictates something isnt adding up.
edit on 11-1-2013 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

"Although it hasn’t been proven that a daily multivitamin supplement containing 100 percent of the Daily Value of most vitamins and essential minerals will lead to better health for well-nourished people,"

From your link.

Food also contains those chemicals plus more that supplements cant offer.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
The supplement industry sells legal over the counter non prescription drugs. Sure they are safer in general than most pharmaceuticals. Supplements are sold in the pharmacy, and its essentially pill pushing.

I dont need pills to be happy and healthy.
And neither do most of you.

Placebo effect, fear based deceptive marketing, cha ching $$$

Stick to the fresh fruits and veggies isle.

Oh, I agree. Most supplements are a waste of money because the body can't absorb them anyway.

That is what makes the liposomal so effective. The encapsulation effect "gets it into" your body.

You can supplement your diet with lots of fruits and vegtables for sure, but they won't provide the same levels of Vitamin C we are seeking here.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Hi Julie I gave you a S & F around page 1... I do have a question in
re to your Thyroid problem. I don't know if your Hyper or Hypo & what
meds you take if any...I take Levoxyl & it states on the bottle to
NOT take any vitamins until post 4 hrs...
Reason for question is you take Liposomal C twice a day with 1st dose being
in the morning. Thanks!

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ektar

Hi Julie I gave you a S & F around page 1... I do have a question in
re to your Thyroid problem. I don't know if your Hyper or Hypo & what
meds you take if any...I take Levoxyl & it states on the bottle to
NOT take any vitamins until post 4 hrs...
Reason for question is you take Liposomal C twice a day with 1st dose being
in the morning. Thanks!

Cheers
Ektar

I take .75 mg of Synthroid. I take it in the evening when I go to bed, so long after my last dose of Vitamin C. I am Hypo, my metabolism is nearly non-existant.

I'm hoping that with the Vitamin C I'll be able to get off of them. But I'll wait at least 3 months. I have an annual checkup in a couple of weeks and I'll test then and then wait 3 months and test again and see if there has been any improvement.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Some extremely valuable vitamin C information that has been known for decades, but ignored a lot:

Vitamin C

This shows, among other things, how large doses of vitamin C can effectively cure the flu, colds, and a ton of other ailments MUCH better than anything the doctor will ever offer you. I suggest a close look at this page for anyone interested in vitamin C.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   

I disagree.

The level of vit c you are aiming for is way too much.

I realize you already pulled this one on everyone here but not me.
Im not buying it I know your interpretations are clever exaggerations.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Not trying to stir the pot here about the whole ancestor debate or anything, but I feel led to chunk another piece of wood into the community fire...

No one has mentioned that the vitamin C NEEDS may have changed in modern times due to the assault on our systems since, say, the industrial revolution and increasing with every puff of smog, water pollution, dental fillings, population explosion (germs propagating) and radiation leak, etc.

Your sentence beginning with...

Many things can deplete Vitamin C...

... is what I am talking about. If Vitamin C is used to arrest and eradicate so many modern ills of society, it may be depleted before it has a chance to perform the usual daily cell-enhancing tasks. Sort of like a triage situation. The body sends it to fight the enemy, leaving little to rebuild the fortress. Is it possible that early man simply did not require as much vitamin C, PLUS he got more from his diet?

Just a thought.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

So why arent I unhealthy?
I barely eat once to twice a day.

Logic dictates something isnt adding up.
edit on 11-1-2013 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

How do you know you are at optimum health? How can you know you aren't going to have heart disease, cancer or stroke in the future?

Since medical studies have PROVEN the benefits of larger doses of Vitamin can keep these from happening I don't know why you want to continue to argue about it.

I'm not interested in debating with you. And if you are not interested in this Vitamin C therapy why are you here? To convince others to not do it?

I'm not here to convince you to do it either.

So I'm glad you are in good health and wish you many long and healthy years ahead.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by new_here

Not trying to stir the pot here about the whole ancestor debate or anything, but I feel led to chunk another piece of wood into the community fire...

No one has mentioned that the vitamin C NEEDS may have changed in modern times due to the assault on our systems since, say, the industrial revolution and increasing with every puff of smog, water pollution, dental fillings, population explosion (germs propagating) and radiation leak, etc.

Your sentence beginning with...

Many things can deplete Vitamin C...

... is what I am talking about. If Vitamin C is used to arrest and eradicate so many modern ills of society, it may be depleted before it has a chance to perform the usual daily cell-enhancing tasks. Sort of like a triage situation. The body sends it to fight the enemy, leaving little to rebuild the fortress. Is it possible that early man simply did not require as much vitamin C, PLUS he got more from his diet?

Just a thought.

Bingo!

Thanks for adding that

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join