It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vitamin C - What You Don't Know May Kill You AND Why The USDA is Wrong

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by OperationIraqiFailure
reply to post by Julie Washington

So if I smoke a blunt a day (MODS: Recreational marijuana use is legal in WA. Thanks) and take some Liposomal Vitamin C, Cancer is going to hate me?

Lima-1, out.

First off I've never heard of marijuana causing cancer, have you?

Second, smoking (anything) depletes your body of Vitamin C.

Third, yes if you take Liposomal vitamin C, cancer will not like your body.

Fourth, there are no guarantees in life....

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Great thought, research and effort into helping everyone here see the bigger picture behind vitamin C. I truly believe in the magic, but kudos to you for spreading the light.

You get a strong F&S. Now, I am not sure if there is anything more that we are missing except for more evidence of patience recovering from Vit C treatments.

I told you in your Liposomal Vit C thread you would get a bunch of these down the road:

edit on 11-1-2013 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by solargeddon

98% of 200mg is 196mg
33% of 1000mg is 330mg

Certainly, when you ingest 1000mg, your body absorbs more than if you ingest 200mg, but the percentage of absorbed vitamin goes down with larger amounts. My guess is that if you were to ingest 330mg, you would see 98% again, and the drop off would occur on amounts greater than 330mg. For example, 400mg would result in around 82% absorption or around 330mg.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Meh...I will get my V-C from good ole Fruits and veggies! Harder to tamper with and not a sales pitch...

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

Who is trying to sell you something. What I see, is factual, and compelling evidence being presented, for us to read, and decide for ourselves.

Des

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

My new fav thread on ATS. Thank you, OP!

Lima-1, out.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
Meh...I will get my V-C from good ole Fruits and veggies! Harder to tamper with and not a sales pitch...

Sales pitch? So what's the name of the product this guy is selling?

Lima-1, out.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I always buy 5-10 grams of C, when I feel that will get ill.
Completely agree with OP from my experience.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Julie Washington

So if I smoke a blunt a day (MODS: Recreational marijuana use is legal in WA. Thanks) and take some Liposomal Vitamin C, Cancer is going to hate me?

Lima-1, out.

First off I've never heard of marijuana causing cancer, have you?

Second, smoking (anything) depletes your body of Vitamin C.

Third, yes if you take Liposomal vitamin C, cancer will not like your body.

Fourth, there are no guarantees in life....

My bad, J-Dub:

I meant, would it be more helpful to smoke weed and take vitamin C to help fight/prevent Cancer? I think you answered that with "smoking depletes V-C." And I did not know that. So ty.

I read an article that weed helps fight off metastasis phase during some aggressive Cancers. I just thought that, maybe, V-C with some old fashioned THC would be a 1-2 punch to certain Cancers.

Just spit-ballin without a Ph.D. Is that legal? Probably not.

Lima-1, out.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Julie didn't you notice that they made a statement of conjecture with no proof? see underlined below

A tolerable upper limit (UL) of vitamin C was set at 2 grams for the first time in the year 2000, referencing this mild laxative effect as the reason for establishing the UL.

… Stone and Pauling calculated, based on the diet of primates (similar to what our common ancestors are likely to have consumed when the gene mutated), that the optimum daily requirement of vitamin C is around 2,300 milligrams for a human requiring 2,500 kcal a day.

Pauling criticized the established US Recommended Daily Allowance, pointing out that it is based on the known quantities that will prevent acute scurvy but is not necessarily the dosage for optimal health.

…the doses required to achieve blood, tissue and body "saturation" are much larger than previously believed.

this is one of the many ways so called science has pushed the UNPROVEN theory of Evolution without any proof. We have no links to show gene mutation is the same as evolution. human genes mutate everyday and so do primates. i.e. your genes were mutations of your mother and fathers genes. Yet in the observable universe not one observable mutation has ever created an entirely new family of primate. Science is based on observable facts not theories. And no observable mutations that any primate has taken place to form a whole new family has ever been noted. therefore their statement is flawed and also their data maybe flawed.

Also what are the ideal blood level of vitamin C?

It would be hard to maintain any level of vitamin C from what I have learned seeing that your body does not store vitamin C. It only uses it.

I agree that high levels of vitamin does help when sick or suffering from allergies. But remember to much taken at one time can be dangerous.

Alpha Theta Sigma, Out!

edit on 11-1-2013 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Lima-1, out.

I dunno Vitamin C and Liposomal Vitamin C? LOL

If I worked at or for an herbal company I would most certainly troll fringe sites such as this.

Now does that mean that promoting the health benefits of Vitamin C is a sales pitch no...

But not once does the OP offer any "Natural" source and touts the benefits of artificial or derived sources.
Just sayin

Although I do appreciate the listing of benefits OP I am just skeptical by nature.

edit on 11-1-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Oh ya... I'm gonna make a ton of money!

"facepalm"

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Lima-1, out.

If I worked at or for an herbal company I would most certainly troll fringe sites such as this.

Now does that mean that promoting the health benefits of Vitamin C is a sales pitch no...

But not once does the OP offer any "Natural" source and touts the benefits of artificial or derived sources.
Just sayin

Although I do appreciate the listing of benefits OP I am just skeptical by nature.

I appreciate your skeptisim.

I am not selling anything and most certainly not recommending going out and buying expensive commercially made liposomal vitamin C. Hence the reason for the thread to make it at home for pennies.

An average orange has 70mg of Vitamin C. In order to get 1000-2000mgs into your body you would need to eat 14-28 oranges a day.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Um I take 1000mg tabs, so wouldn't that mean to just take 10 for a few days? Then lower the dosage? Why wouldn't I be able to reach that from pill form?

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoJoker13

Um I take 1000mg tabs, so wouldn't that mean to just take 10 for a few days? Then lower the dosage? Why wouldn't I be able to reach that from pill form?

You obviously are not reading the thread.

The answers to your question is on page 2 of this thread.

Clink Link to Here

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
This question may have already been asked and if so i apologize.

If it is so hard to absorb the correct amount of Vitamin C through readily available means (Supplements/food) how did our ancient ancestors get enough?

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs

If it is so hard to absorb the correct amount of Vitamin C through readily available means (Supplements/food) how did our ancient ancestors get enough?

Yes, this has been discussed and debated.

In short, my opinion, is that 100's of years ago people consumed much more raw fruit and vegetables than we do today.

Look at the obesity levels of today - people are not eating healthy anymore.
edit on 11-1-2013 by Julie Washington because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs

It has been asked a few times indeed, but you don't need to apologize because there hasn't been a satisfactory answer.

Those who obsess with the cure-for-all, panacea type of supplements will distort logic beyond any reasonable limits, to justify their beliefs (in this case, their faith in Vitamin C). And so the following pseudo-science toolkit is used:

a) claims are made that our ancestors had easy access to mega-doses of Vitamin C, in a form that was easily digested. There is nothing to support this claim, of course.

b) claims that our ancestors lived healthy and stress-free lives, and so needed less Vitamin C than us. The fact that there were lots more infections and the quality of food was lacking most of the time is disregarded wholesale.

If you don't see why both arguments need to be used by the C-nuts at the same time, relax -- there is no logic in all this.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Julie Washington

Lima-1, out.

Just sayin

I appreciate your skeptisim.

I am not selling anything and most certainly not recommending going out and buying expensive commercially made liposomal vitamin C. Hence the reason for the thread to make it at home for pennies.

An average orange has 70mg of Vitamin C. In order to get 1000-2000mgs into your body you would need to eat 14-28 oranges a day.

HOLY CRAP! That is a lot of oranges! And you actually put 1,000mgs of V-C in your body? To me this is a contradiction to nature then...We would never have the ability to eat this much in the wild or prior to 20-21st century modern eating habits.

And I meant no offense. And you are in great health?

Of course to make it for pennies you still need to buy vitamins right?

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

HOLY CRAP! That is a lot of oranges! And you actually put 1,000mgs of V-C in your body? To me this is a contradiction to nature then...We would never have the ability to eat this much in the wild or prior to 20-21st century modern eating habits.

And I meant no offense. And you are in great health?

Of course to make it for pennies you still need to buy vitamins right?

I think that the answer to this is complex. Hundreds of years ago our bodies were not exposed to the levels of toxins, toxic foods, processed foods, pollutions, diseases, bacterial infections, cancers, etc. at the levels we see today. So higher levels of Vitamin C may not have been as imporant as they are today.

Diets 100's of years ago did not also include the amount of toxic food we put in our bodies today and smoking has been proved to deplete vitamin C in the body as well.

Yes, I still buy vitamins, especially vitamin D, as my blood test reveal I'm deficient in that.

My health has not been optimal, which is why I am now on the Liposomal daily.

It will take time to see results. I'm looking for weight loss and lower blood pressure and my thyroid is out of whack. I'm curious to see what my blood work will reveal in 3 months.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join