It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan considering firing warning shots at Chinese planes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
This is gonna end well... I'm sure.

Japan tracer bullets will bring war closer

According to Japanese media, the Japanese government is considering permitting Japanese self-defense forces' fighter jets to fire tracer bullets as warning shots against Chinese surveillance planes which have "infringed" upon Japan's "territorial airspace" over the Diaoyu Islands.

We believe that if Japan starts using tracer bullets, it will definitely trigger a military confrontation between China and Japan. Chinese people will certainly ask the government to send naval and air forces to retaliate.

Now just because of this threat, China might just go ahead and test Japan so Japan ``starts`` the war.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I'm curious: The article states that "Japanese media" reports the planned use of tracers, however this is obviously a Chinese website.

Since I never cared about political correctness, I'll put it bluntly: Are there any reliable sources for this information ?

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by lolita64

This is a test of U.S. resolve since the United States is responsible for the Military Defense of Japan. This whole issue is a response by the Chinese Communist Leadership which has a bruised ego after it was forced to give up it's policy of forced reunification with Taiwan.

I would not give China an excuse to ramp up any thoughts of War as there is very little China can do should the U.S. decide to become Militarily active in the region.

China has very little in the way of Force Projection.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by H1ght3chHippie
I'm curious: The article states that "Japanese media" reports the planned use of tracers, however this is obviously a Chinese website.

Since I never cared about political correctness, I'll put it bluntly: Are there any reliable sources for this information ?

Yeah for now it's only on Chinese news sites...

So it might be BS... we'll see.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
They did the same thing to the Soviet Union during the cold war... so it wouldn't be a surprise if they did it to China.

I looked around and it was also reported on Japanese news sites.

So it's legit.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Japan Coast Guard to bolster patrols around Senkaku Islands

The Japan Coast Guard is planning to create a fleet of 12 cutters to patrol the waters around the Senkaku Islands in response to the constant presence there of ships affiliated with the Chinese government.

To create the fleet of 12 cutters, sources said the government will include a request in the supplementary budget to be submitted for the current fiscal year seeking to construct six cutters in the 1,000-ton class. Plans call for launching those cutters by fiscal 2015.

2015, that's funny.

The plan to construct four 1,000-ton class cutters using funds in this fiscal year's reserve fund will allow those cutters to join the Senkaku fleet from fiscal 2014.

Next year...

The 11th Regional Coast Guard Headquarters only has seven cutters of at least 1,000 tons, so cutters from other regional coast guard headquarters have been sent to the 11th Region. However, that has hindered normal operations in other areas, including the cancellation of this year's fleet review ceremony.

So at least they'll have some ships now...

But still having ships in the area doesn't matter much if they won't force the Chinese ships out...
edit on 11-1-2013 by lolita64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I hate to be right... I said this :

Now just because of this threat, China might just go ahead and test Japan so Japan ``starts`` the war.

And now this happens :

Chinese Military On "High Alert" After It Scrambles Fighter Jets To "Counter" Japanese Jets

top topics

join