It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Constructive things Bush has done with his life

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Seriously, did Bush do ANYTHING constructive prior to his Presidency?
Anything?

Come on. Educate me.

I am a middle aged Australian bushie. I have found the best way to judge a man is to stop listening, and look at his actions.

I have watched hours of footage of Bush and buggered if I can see anything altruistic in anything he has done. I'm talking prior to his Presidency (before the man was influenced by his office). He seems to have been motivated by greed, selfpreservation and aggrandizement, and little else.

In case what I have absorbed was biased I was wondering if anyone here was aware of any constructive deed he performed prior to his Presidency.

I think this goes a long way in defining his character. ie What was he like BEFORE the world put him under the microscope?

thanks in advance.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I can't say as I have noticed, I'll ask around.

Sorry for the short reply, but I reckon this will be a very short thread...!!

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 09:21 AM
link   
A "Bushie" referes to somebody from the bush (rural Australia). Given the nature of your topic, you probably should have pointed that out to avoid confusion.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 10:20 AM
link   
He received a bachelor's degree from Yale University in 1968, then served as an F-102 fighter pilot in the Texas Air National Guard. President Bush received a Master of Business Administration from Harvard Business School in 1975. After graduating, he moved back to Midland and began a career in the energy business. After working on his father's successful 1988 presidential campaign, he assembled the group of partners that purchased the Texas Rangers baseball franchise in 1989.

He served as managing general partner of the Texas Rangers until he was elected Governor on November 8, 1994, with 53.5 percent of the vote. He became the first Governor in Texas history to be elected to consecutive four-year terms when he was re-elected on November 3, 1998, with 68.6 percent of the vote.

www.whitehouse.gov...

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 10:26 AM
link   
As Govenor of Texas he was responsible for the most executions in the history of Texas.
As President he lost the most jobs, started a disasterous war and ruined the economy. Quite the list

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   
and to be fair :

Sen. John Kerry :

A graduate of Yale University, John Kerry entered the Navy after graduation, becoming a Swift Boat officer, serving on a gunboat in the Mekong Delta in Vietnam. He received a Silver Star, Bronze Star with Combat V, and three awards of the Purple Heart for his service in combat.

By the time Senator Kerry returned home from Vietnam, he felt compelled to question decisions he believed were being made to protect those in positions of authority in Washington at the expense of the soldiers carrying on the fighting in Vietnam. Kerry was a co-founder of the Vietnam Veterans of America and became a spokesperson for the Vietnam Veterans Against the War

In April, 1971, in testifying before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, he asked the question of his fellow citizens, "How do you ask a man to be the last man to die for a mistake?" Sen. Claiborne Pell, (D-R.I.) thanked Kerry, then 27, for testifying before the committee, expressing his hope that Kerry "might one day be a colleague of in this body."

In 1984, after winning election as Lieutenant Governor in 1982, Kerry ran and was elected to serve in the United States Senate, running and winning a successful PAC-free Senate race and defeating a Republican opponent buoyed by Ronald Reagan's reelection coattails.Sen. Kerry was re-elected in 1990, and again in 1996, defeating the popular Republican Governor William Weld in the most closely watched Senate race in the country.

kerry.senate.gov...

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by valkeryie
As President he lost the most jobs, started a disasterous war and ruined the economy. Quite the list

hmmmhmmmm,, prior to his Presidency was the question....

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Keeping on topic with Bush's accomplishments...

He was the first governor in Texas to be elected back to back. That is no one else has managed to be elected in 2 consecutive terms as Gov. of Texas. He must have been doing something right in Texas. He was part owner of the Texas Rangers, who seem to stink no matter who owns them. Can't fault him there. He did make quite a bit of money when he sold his part of the team.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 10:41 AM
link   
one other thing jumps out at me...

so what if he was the Governor to oversee the most executions... that doesn't bother me in the least bit..

my thought on it is... to hell with life sentances... why continue to pay for these people..

If someone is sentanced to death, it should be straight from the courtroom to the gas / injection chamber.....

be done with it...

I will say however, he never should have traded Sosa

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Depends on what you mean by constructive. If constructive means taking care of his financial self and using others then he has done wonders. If you mean contributing to the welfare of his fellow man, he is satans spawn.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrndLkNatv
Depends on what you mean by constructive. If constructive means taking care of his financial self and using others then he has done wonders. If you mean contributing to the welfare of his fellow man, he is satans spawn.

See that's the thing. I cannot find a single thing he did which says "Yep, this man cares!" On the contrary, his life prior to taking office was only to do with his own advancement, either in status or wealth. Not a SINGLE humanitarian action. Not one.

It says a lot of a man's character. Because it reveals how he really is prior to when he thinks people are watching.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Jimmy Carter does more in a week for humanity than the Bush Crime Family does over generations.

On thread: He sobered up. But I quite honestly find that suspect. Tommy Lee said the same thing on Larry King last night; but for some odd reason, his nose was running or he had the "sniffles".

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romeo

See that's the thing. I cannot find a single thing he did which says "Yep, this man cares!"

But wait!

George W Bush himself donned a flight suit and flew out onto a returning carrier to greet America's finest and celebrate the "victory"in Iraq. Thereby delaying their reunion with families for a photo op. That was a great humanitarian achievement.

And... he awarded a Presidential "Peace Medal" to Pope John Paul. How humanitarian is that?

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   
BTW Romeo...

it's not just middle aged Australian bushies that get wary over John Howard and George W Bush and the future of Australia.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romeo
Constructive things Bush has done with his life

Yes, He destroyed countless lives, and made everyone hate Americans. and he made everyone elses life he didnt destroy miserable..

[edit on 27-10-2004 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   
come on he must have sat on some board somewhere, sometime, which did something to help those less fortunate.

Was it always about himself?

I'm serious.

Share these thoughts with others. They are important. There is no better judge of a man. What CONSTRUCTIVE things did he do prior to taking office. Did he work for the benefit of others AT ALL.

Forget how he debates, or that he sounds like a monkey.
Shiiit, I have an IQ of 140 but can barely string 2 words together when I speak.
His actions...what were his actions before people were watching.

Spread this please....and save your country. Save the world.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   
He is a record-holder for gubernatorial conversion of death row inmates into corpses, and he did laugh at a woman constituent's final appeal for clemency in Texas...

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Let's see....

He was brought into the $86 million buyout of the Texas Rangers baseball team by contributing $600K (borrowed from a bank where he once served as a director) and the name "George Bush." (*There's* an interesting read. Google the names 'Richard Rainwater,' 'Rusty Rose,' and 'William DeWitt, Jr.' for more info.)

He served as "managing partner" of the baseball franchise for a bit over 4 years, earning $200K a year.

He and his partners held the city of Arlington hostage by demanding that either a new stadium be built, or the team would be moved. Taxpayers coughed up $150 million through a sales tax increase for The Ballpark at Arlington, *greatly* adding to the value of the franchise.

He received $15 million upon the sale of the team in 1998, including a $12.2 million "bonus payment" from his partners...while he was the sitting governor of the state of Texas. 2400% profit for an 8 year investment...not bad, huh?

He was investigated for insider trading while serving on the board of Harken Energy in 1990. The SEC dropped the investigation in 1992, while George H.W. Bush was president. Since entering the Oval Office, Dubya has refused to allow the SEC to release the full report of its investigation.

As for his reelection as governor of Texas in 1998: voter turnout was only 26%, the lowest in the nation that year. Only 16% of registered voters actually voted for Dubya. The vast majority of Texans chose to go with NOTA: None Of the Above.

So the answer to the question "what did he actually do before becoming president" would be: used his name and his daddy's friends to bail himself out of a series of misadventures, make a quick buck (or 15 million), and get himself into politics, where ability is not a prerequisite.

new topics

top topics

join