It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NAPOLITANO: The right to shoot tyrants, not deer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I always love what Judge Napolitano has to say because he is so pointed and eloquent when he says what many of us are thinking.

www.washingtontimes.com...

The right of the people to keep and bear arms is an extension of the natural right to self-defense and a hallmark of personal sovereignty. It is specifically insulated from governmental interference by the Constitution and has historically been the linchpin of resistance to tyranny. Yet the progressives in both political parties stand ready to use the coercive power of the government to interfere with the exercise of that right by law-abiding persons because of the gross abuse of that right by some crazies in our midst.

The Judge goes on to point out that throughout history governments take power and begrudgingly give it up.

The essence of humanity is freedom. Government — whether voted in peacefully or thrust upon us by force — is essentially the negation of freedom. Throughout the history of the world, people have achieved freedom when those in power have begrudgingly given it up. From the assassination of Julius Caesar to King John’s forced signing of the Magna Carta, from the English Civil War to the triumph of the allies at the end of World War II, from the fall of communism to the Arab Spring, governments have permitted so-called nobles and everyday folk to exercise more personal freedom as a result of their demands for it and their fighting for it. This constitutes power permitting liberty.

I am pro gun obviously. Yes, the government has bombs,planes, helicopters, drones and more which clearly have superior fire power than a citizens could have. However, I doubt that an armed army of 20 million citizens could be taken down without dividing the country worse than the Civil War.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
For a group of people who cry "fair share,fair play" they are quick to show their true colors the government does not want a fair fight ever hence the demonization of a thing to where the cops,criminals and the military are better armed than little ole you and me.

The judge is right the second was not put in there to shoot deer good luck getting the anti's to understand that every single one believes in outsourcing their rights to government,
edit on 10-1-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Just a question who decides who is a Tyrant?
I mean you could shoot BOB and say "It is my right to shoot that Tyrant" still gonna end up in jail.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
the founding fathers told us what the second amendment was for:

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
— Thomas Jefferson (attributed to Jefferson, by his contemporaries)

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny."
— Thomas Jefferson (attributed to Jefferson, by his contemporaries)

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
— Benjamin Franklin (on the title page of An Historical Review of the Constitution and Government of Pennsylvania - 1759)

"I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of freedoms of the people by gradual and silent encroachment of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations."
— James Madison (attributed to Madison, by his contemporaries)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
I mean you could shoot BOB and say "It is my right to shoot that Tyrant" still gonna end up in jail.

Funny what gives the government the "right" to go around shooting "tyrants" in the rest of the world.

Have people not been paying attention to current events?

Bin Laden is dead remember, and they didn't use harsh words.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Funny what gives the government the "right" to go around shooting "tyrants" in the rest of the world.

Have people not been paying attention to current events?

Bin Laden is dead remember, and they didn't use harsh words.

Exactly Neo ... what is good for the goose is good for the gander .....

any "proactive" war is illegitimate .. period .... I wonder when the US crossed the red line becoming the bully and tyrant while acting as a white knight? I believe the US has long crossed that line.....

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

The British Empire was a tyrant ... yet many in Britain believe it is their inherent right to conquer the world ..... The American government is becoming as tyrannical as the British government the founding fathers threw off their backs. The preemptive war policy is a bully pulpit ......

I would bet you agree that the EU represents tyranny to you? Would you physically resist the EU take over of GB? If your government gave up all of their sovereignty to the EU after a national referendum against joins ... what would you do?

and we are not talking about one individual but a government or organization......

BOB?

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Time for talk is over....the lines are drawn.....
There WILL be more heavily publicised deaths.....whether contived or take advantage of by the anit-constitutionalists.....(which is what the gun grabbers are, so stop calling them anything else.....)
Anti-Constitutionalism is being programmed into our society, the constitution has been abrogated, abridged, and fatally negated by the NDAA., Patriot act, and Presidential fiat.
This is the way the political wind blows for Americans....Your humanity, your personal sovriegnty,the right to raise your own kids,or grow your own food,all of these are restricted and under attack.....
Either suck it up, and resist as best you may....
or surrender your inherant human dignity, and unrestricted travel ,(to the TSA)your right to bear arms (to the BATF,)and your proprty rights to the ( whims of goverment).
More liberty has been lost, by this generation, than gained in the previous two generations......We are way worse off than we have ever been.....
The storm is just breaking...............

edit on 10-1-2013 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Very we'll written , many fail to see the true power the government can wield and seem to forget what they should not .

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Dont give in America!!!!

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by fnpmitchreturns

The MSM is bombarding the air waves all over the U.S. with story after story. They don't even care how obvious the media blitz is. I only watch the MSM to see how asinine they are. And this looks like the movie V for Vendetta !
When inspector Finch describes how everything is connected and you see all the different ways the MSM just kept harping about " The Terrorists " who released a deadly virus.

When all along it was the British Gov.s own false flag op.

They have em lined up on every news cast. From the fake senator of Ariz. to James Homes on to Sandy Hook and right back to one of several recent shootings.

If they don't get our guns I think they plan to kill us all with doped up, white Caucasian males, early twenties, related to bankers who worship Moleck by sacrificing their children.

And no one can even say it's impossible or improbable.
edit on 11-1-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join