It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yet another shooting at a US high school

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by roughycannon

Sorry if I miss the point but I'm not sure what I'm being asked to think about here.

Are you saying I shouldn't participate in the debate cause I'm not American?

Or is that you think America is an easy target but China isn't?

I don't get it.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by roughycannon

Well now, I'm very aware this is an international site. It's part of the attraction and what makes it addictive. There are few sites among those who claim it that actually ARE international in nature.

In your example, I actually have had reason to comment of the very topic I think you may be eluding to. Specifically, I'm wondering if the practice of eating what we consider to be the family pet and how they go about raising and then killing them for the meat is what you mean?

Since you're the OP and bring that up, I'll note that I believe I made my personal distaste very clear and the fact I won't be sampling 'dog' if I go overseas where it's served as a common part of a menu. It's a cultural thing. I also couldn't stomach seeing the merchants selling live ones ..to turn into what people came there to buy ...in being as tactful as I can be for those who are disturbed by the practice in other areas of the world.

I know I've also made the argument that beyond opinions..it's not our place to push our views or cultural norm and decency on them, since it isn't theirs and they're happy with how they live. I've made some foes by saying this, but I feel the same about Islam and the radical differences in what is acceptable under their culture and ours. I'll voice my thoughts...but also how they have the right to that in THEIR OWN nations where it's accepted.

So... Please.. careful on those assumptions of how others would take things. The components of the word Assume are informative on this point.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join