It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yet another shooting at a US high school

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Getting a bit crazy now...

boingboing.net...

I wonder what Alex Jones has to say about this then...

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Posted right before me....

Just delete.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
google "stabbing" and search "last 24 hours"

why havn't you posted any of these attacks?

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by spaceg0at

Because stabbings happen all over the world every day, high school shootings don't, only in America num nuts.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Yeah, you know, I'll happily concede that the United States has a problem with homicidal types choosing a firearm to commit their crimes. However, these happen at a rate of 20-30 shootings PER DAY, every day, 365 days a year, year in and year out. If we want to get technical, numbers from the 1980's were actually a fair bit worse than they are now.

Gun Policy Stats

Really.. If we're going to have people cherry picking shooting stories out every single day ... Lets make a forum just for crime reports. ATS could be flooding with the stories and still not cover each that happens on any given day. Over 300 million people in a free country have all kinds of things happening every day and in quantity. Including shootings.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by roughycannon

I think you are choosing to miss the point of the stabbing post.

By the logic that they happen every day all over the world then surely we should be more outraged about knife crime that gun crime?

The sad truth is gun crime postings are news...knife crime is too widespread and accepted to be news.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Does anyone know if this shooter was taking SSRI's xanax paxil zoloft etc? These drugs need to be forbidden being prescribed to anyone under 35. Its not the guns,its the drugs.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Omfg, I'm just waking up to this??? This is in Bakersfield, California in the City of Taft, an incorporated area.

I live and now I'm in a world of shock. I'm sitting here looking at 10 missed calls
This is going to be a long day.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jykan

I think you are choosing to miss the point of the stabbing post.

By the logic that they happen every day all over the world then surely we should be more outraged about knife crime that gun crime?

The sad truth is gun crime postings are news...knife crime is too widespread and accepted to be news.

No, just no! its not the same...

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by roughycannon

Because stabbings happen all over the world every day, high school shootings don't, only in America num nuts.

New Bedford school van driver stabbed - todays news

www.necn.com...

A 16-year-old boy has been stabbed on his way home from school in County Louth in the Republic of Ireland. - todays news

www.bbc.co.uk...

Man stabs 22 children at China primary school - 2012

www.bangkokpost.com...

China has seen several violent attacks against children over the past two years, including a spate of five incidents in 2010 which killed 15 children and two adults and wounded more than 80.
The assaults have forced authorities to increase security around schools and led to calls for more research into their root causes.

only in america ?

Charlie Brown.....you blockhead

someone has to do something about the knives

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   

www.necn.com...

A 16-year-old boy has been stabbed on his way home from school in County Louth in the Republic of Ireland. - todays news

www.bbc.co.uk...

www.bangkokpost.com...

China has seen several violent attacks against children over the past two years, including a spate of five incidents in 2010 which killed 15 children and two adults and wounded more than 80.
The assaults have forced authorities to increase security around schools and led to calls for more research into their root causes.

only in america ?

Still not the same as 11,000 in one year in America...

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   

www.necn.com...

www.bbc.co.uk...

www.bangkokpost.com...

only in america ?

Still not the same as 11,000 in one year in America...

tell me, how many of those are gang related (since we want to remove them from law abiding citizens, this matters), justifiable and how many are from an Ar-15 or "assault rifle" or do you just want to quote the 1 that makes your argument look valid
edit on 10-1-2013 by oniraug because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
AAARGH! WHO CARES! ban your bloody guns and stop shooting innocent kids for Christ sake!

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

AAARGH! WHO CARES! ban your bloody guns and stop shooting innocent kids for Christ sake!

This is exactly the knee jerk reaction that gives freedoms away so easily.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jykan

This is exactly the knee jerk reaction that gives freedoms away so easily.

knee jerk reaction? people have been talking about this since the 80's

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Why do the laws in OUR nation bother you so much that you go out of your way to tell us....with some emotion and force behind your words...how we MUST change by your thinking?

I love hearing international opinions to our nation and culture, such as we have a culture by comparison, but opinions are all they are after all. It's as valid or rightful for forceful demands to us as it was when Americans were bashing the English over the unrest and riots there.

^^ That ran it's course for awhile too...and then some English finally got downright irate and put some Americans in their place on the matter. I'm not saying that was the best way to handle it ..but I recall thinking at the time, they'd been mighty patient up to that point and really, had the right by that time to say it. Hmmm.. Indeed.. They did.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Why do the laws in OUR nation bother you so much that you go out of your way to tell us....with some emotion and force behind your words...how we MUST change by your thinking?

I love hearing international opinions to our nation and culture, such as we have a culture by comparison, but opinions are all they are after all. It's as valid or rightful for forceful demands to us as it was when Americans were bashing the English over the unrest and riots there.

^^ That ran it's course for awhile too...and then some English finally got downright irate and put some Americans in their place on the matter. I'm not saying that was the best way to handle it ..but I recall thinking at the time, they'd been mighty patient up to that point and really, had the right by that time to say it. Hmmm.. Indeed.. They did.

So you don't have any view point on other countries? lets say china... you don't get angry at seeing animals skinned alive? if you seen that your view would be "Oh its china and its their culture just let them skin animals alive...nothing to do with us"

Most countries get involved with other countries politics the US is by far the worst, how many countries have you occupied in the last 10 years I can think of 3 off the top of my head.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

You are right...people have been talking about it since the 80's, that has nothing to do with it. You start a thread and when the discussion is asking you to back up your thoughts you explode.

Appreciate that there is more to the issue than the dead kids...we all regret that happening but I'd rather my kids (when I have some) have choices and options as being forced to live how others tell them.

Banning guns isn't the only way.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Why of course I have opinions. I'm sure no one would actually call me opinionated though (covers nose to hide growth) or that I'm forceful about opinions (covers a bit more). That's just not my way at all...
(just turns the other direction entirely)

Seriously though... In my view and speaking strictly for myself, there is a line where sharing opinions and even sharing very strong opinions becomes PUSHING those opinions on others as well as beating a dead horse all the way to the glue factory.

I think the few hundred threads basically saying the same thing in a slight variation over the last few weeks have beat the thing into a mushy mass which doesn't even resemble a horse anymore. I also try not to be outright offensive about PUSHING opinions onto others... I'm not saying you are ..but that line is right there IMO.

Just as the English got annoyed, then impatient and finally downright Irate about being thumped on over their embarrassing inability to control their own unrest there for awhile? .... It's fair to say a GOOD number of Americans are fast feeling the same on this. I think it's a fair point to make

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The thing you seem to forget is that this is an international website, if the US come on here advocating guns then other countries wont sit around ignoring the threads in fact they might create their own to voice their point of view.

If this site wasn't banned in China which I'm sure it is, what do you think would happen if the Chinese came on here advocating animal abuse?

Think about it you wouldn't have anything to say? you would not post one single reply? you would not be so disgusted at their behavior you might be enraged to the point to create your own thread about it?

Think about it...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join