It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: California High School Shooting - at least 2 injured

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MegaMind

see i think a shot gun is quite reasonable for home protection.

thanks for that, ill add that to my list

1. handguns
2. hunting rifle
3. shotgun

is more than enough for personal/home protection!

anything else, is stupidity!

I love compromise!

Originally posted by MegaMind
First I don't have any children and if I did they wouldn't be medicated.

Your nation needs more people like you!
edit on 10-1-2013 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

1. handguns
2. hunting rifle
3. shotgun

I love compromise!

Really? this 15 year old used this AR-15 semi-auto rifle to protect his home, himself, and his little sister from 2 home invaders.

A gun trainer posted in the thread saying how much easier certain rifles are easier to use by children and women due to the nature of the mechanics.

Check it out for yourself.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoOfYFoOt
Oh. Also, you do know that that full-sized Springfield XD, pictured, depending on caliber, holds between 10 and 16 rounds, don't you??? Are you sure that's not too many???

I didnt, but your right.

So, why isnt it enough for you? why do you need even more, higher powered weapons in your suburban home if that indeed holds 10-16rounds?

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   

1. handguns
2. hunting rifle
3. shotgun

I love compromise!

Originally posted by MegaMind
First I don't have any children and if I did they wouldn't be medicated.

Your nation needs more people like you!
edit on 10-1-2013 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

What do you think shouldn't be allowed then?

edit on 10-1-2013 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Seems the FBI can;t even keep from shooting themselves in the leg on a training coarse.

www.sfgate.com...

But were supposed to arm teachers?

And here is a case of a crazy old lady who had the cops called on her 3 times in December for acting crazy. But she was allowed to keep a gun and killed her neighbor.

www.miamiherald.com...

I guess you just can't say anything about someone having a gun even if they are off their rocker multiple times in a month. Things are getting crazy out there!

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

A coppers son is much different to a regular 9-5's son, but yes this is a good story for gun rights.

But tell me, why couldnt he have defended himself with a handgun in equal fashion?

I love how all these 'pro' gun pieces now appear in the murdoch media, much the same way all the 'anti-gun' pieces are appearing. Its a waging battle.

I wonder if the story would have made the headlines if the kid missed, or didnt judge the recoil and injured himself or his sister? It would have made it decidingly ANTI GUN in nature and it probably would have been hush hush.

Here's another story with a similar weapon used that had DRASTICALLY different results.

Link

link   

That case deals with all teenagers. I would say wait for more information to com e out on it. There is a reason the father rushed home before anybody else could get there. That would be to get the story straight.

link   

Oh. Also, you do know that that full-sized Springfield XD, pictured, depending on caliber, holds between 10 and 16 rounds, don't you??? Are you sure that's not too many???

I didnt, but your right.

So, why isnt it enough for you? why do you need even more, higher powered weapons in your suburban home if that indeed holds 10-16rounds?

A mother recently protected herself and her children with 6 bullets in a revolver and that dropped him but he was able to get up and run away. What if there were two men or three? is 10 rounds really enough?

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   

The kid shot these guys with a Bushmaster multiple times and they ran away.
So your point is?

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848

That case deals with all teenagers. I would say wait for more information to com e out on it. There is a reason the father rushed home before anybody else could get there. That would be to get the story straight.

Oh discrediting this story already?

Where were you when all of the MSM reported facts of Sandy Hook were complete fabrications?

Your first response to a father rushing home after his son just shot home invaders is that he wanted to get the story straight? Gee, conventional wisdom would point to a father who is actually rushing home to make sure his kids are ok.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848

The kid shot these guys with a Bushmaster multiple times and they ran away.
So your point is?

If you got absolutely nothing out of that story, nobody can help you.

Plus, I thought you wanted to wait for the 'full story' to come out, whatever that is.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   

I have experiences with Judges sons,Cops sons and even a preachers daughter. So I am speaking from knowledge of how they protect.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   

everything and and anything that doesnt fit into the catergory of

1. handgun
2. shotgun
3. hunting rifle.

those 3 are the catergories that are sufficient for personal and home protection.

I think people need to stop harping on about 'full auto' weapons, because a simple search in youtube shows many many many Americans have access to full auto military weapons.

How about, if people are hell bent on owning something like a Bush Master, then they are allowed 1. No more , no less and a very very very limited clip.

There needs to be a drastic overhaul of what the 'common' person is allowed to buy.

There also needs to be more laws on what weapons your allowed in the house depending on what mental problems people in the house have and what medication they are on.

Adam Lanza for example, that house should have never had a weapon inside, hell id go further and have all knives removed (apart from butter knives)

People need to stop arguing that the 2nd ammendment is being destroyed, because im not trying to destroy it just update and correct it. repeat, UPDATE AND CORRECT not REMOVE!

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Your right.. Lets give them tripod mounted gatling guns.. that should finish them off in time for Big Brother's highlight real...

Most crooks will flee after 1 bullet.. if they keep coming having a 10 round clip on a handgun or a 15 round clip on a bushmaster isnt going to matter at that point.

What im more concerned with, is why parents are leaving kids in a house with easy access to weapons and bullets?

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Ding Ding Ding!!!!!

Well, I'm gonna have to say it (And I think Ihave a right to)

I TOLD YOU SO.

F* Unbelievable

Copycat or otherwise, there wouldn't be deaths if it wasn't for guns.

Go on, talk it up. But you're wrong.
edit on 10-1-2013 by CaptainBeno because: Arrrrghghghghghghghgh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   

What im more concerned with, is why parents are leaving kids in a house with easy access to weapons and bullets?

You responded to my fair assement with an extremity so I will return the favor.

Do you expect the parent to sit there and supervise the children 24/7? If thats the case, then it isn't necessary for the father to teach his children anything, he could baby them for the rest of their lives.

Fact of the matter is, a responsible father taught his son how to protect himself, his family, and his home. If I was the father I wouldn't want my son to be forced into a situation like that but I'd be glad I did and not ask myself of all the 'what if I did this' questions if the outcome had 2 young victims instead of 2 criminals now in custody.

Every gun owner I know is extremely peculiar about safety and proper training when it comes to guns.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Personaly, I can't wait for "Screwed" to turn up.

I wait with baited breath.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Why not sit behind the front door with a machine gun on a tripod with some hand grenades for good measure? Then you should feel really safe as we do in the UK and just lock the door and nothing else?
Is it like what used to be said that whenever someone got a huge car it was either to show how much money he had or an extension of his private parts as he was not well endowed , google it and you will find it.
Looking at the fun posts here, it is as if someone,says I have this and that gun, then someone else says they have a more powerful and bigger fun or guns !
When we fight in the UK, we use our fists and feet, maybe a stick or some use a bottle or knife. We don't bring out a sub machine gun and blast away!
No wonder you need guns because everyone else has them and you need to,defend yourselves, bit like a catch 22 situation. Damned if you do, damned if you don't !
Maybe they should have a,forum here just for gun talk and nothing else because every day someone,mentions them.
I had a quick look through the US papers and everywhere is shootings and killings, it's getting so common it is only a few lines at most to report it.
I'm not saying to,ban them, but get more responsible with them and learn how to,handle them. I saw a programme,where a guy was letting his young 5 year old daughter fire a gun! That is madness in the extreme!
It is not being big to have a gun, too many idiots have them and look at the results!
Maybe if there was like some sort of test every year to see if the person knew what they were doing instead of just a criminal check, ID etc and that is it.
It's like what if that was the same as a car licence when all that was needed was the same and away you go not knowing how to drive and end up killing someone?
Yes, I suppose it gives the person some security knowing they can defend themselves and that is why I said to not to ban them, but why do many need an arsenal of them is something I can't understand.
Just my pennies worth and if I get flamed for my personal opinion I don't care less as free speech is allowed here.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Nope, 24/7 is a little difficult, but really it depends.
I know my parents wouldn’t leave me alone at home until I was atleast 16.
Before that, yes It was always 1 parent or a sitter.
I sure as hell don’t think kids should be trained to use guns, because a child’s mental state doesn’t distinguish between a dangerous weapon and a toy properly (much like kids picking up cluster bombs or playing with snakes)

Of the two choice

1. Leave kids unattended with an accessible weapons cache after weapons training
2. Don’t leave the kids unattended

I know what one I'd prefer to do.

But your right, in some instances the drastic method can have a positive result, sadly, this is a case where 1 person can ruin the privleges of others, however its not so much 1 person as mass murders have been occurring for some time and its beginning to become a problem needing attention.

id like to think all my friends would practice safe gun practice as well, likewise in the US and in your circle.
Unfortunately, as this board has proven there are too many Americans who do not share those values and are addicted to weapons. Its those people who are in one way or another responsible for the worlds position that America has a severe gun problem needing urgent attention!

This reason it gets totally over blown and becomes a live or die argument is because the greedy RICH do not want to lose money, so they get involved.

They are not getting involved to save the 2nd amendment, to protect you or to make a better America, they are simply involved to keep making money.

Guns dont kill people, people kill people. But people with guns, kill too many people!

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   

I didnt, but your right.

You seem to be genuinely concerned. But, I think that where we reach an impass when discussing these things, is simply the result of a completely different ideology.

Those who are truly trying to comprehend the mind of the average American Citizen, really has to walk a few years in our shoes.

It's just like the cultural differences, in the foods that we like to eat! Or the past times that we enjoy. Different strokes, and all that.

We don't understand how some cultures can get so violent at a football game! Or eat something that looks like it had been lying on the side of the road, for days.

We do understand things like symbolisms, though.

Guns, to us, are more than just a means for defense, or a way to provide a meal, or an enjoyable hobby, or a challenging sport, or a lucrative investment, or a work of art, or a mezmerizing, poetic, symbiosis of motion.
They are a symbol of Freedom. They represent the true Spirit of those who faught and died to protect our way of life! And, some of us still want to remember those heroes, and uphold all that they held dear!

What those who don't live in America fail to understand, is that there is a vast difference in cultures and ideologies that exists right here in the USA. Those who live in or very near to large cities, have a very different view of things like guns, and crime, and community. And as such, the ones that need to be schooled and admonished in the responsibilities and necessary compromises, regarding things like guns, are those very people.

If someone could create a map, of gun crimes related to population densities, the color charts would flow out to nothing from each and every major U.S. town. From where I stand, "gun crime" is a city problem, and not an American problem...

But we all get lumped together. As if those of us who tend to help our neighbors, but generally mind our own business, have anything to do, with some punk thug trying to prove to his homies, that he is a man...

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join