It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: California High School Shooting - at least 2 injured

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by roughycannon

We didn't ban all guns you would be surprised by how many guns are in the UK we banned certain types, you have to have a shotgun certificate or a firearms certificate to obtain guns legally. There are plenty of guns in the UK there are just strict regulations

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

......something is not right at all.........

Yes, its the American Psyche......

And with todays unfortunate purchasing of congress by the NRA you can be sure that the murdoch media mob will do anything they possibly can to saturate the airwaves with 'pro' gun nonsense.

2 Dead in California is a tragedy for some familes, but on American highschool standards its a pretty 'light' day!

edit on 10-1-2013 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by starviego

It sounds like you think I want to remove gun rights? All I want is to better treat those with mental illness. I am not claiming it will work in everyway but will surely help without taking the rights of gun owners.

However, since you seem to have the answers. What exactly do you sugest we do?

Raist

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

From all the links I have read and those I linked on the page before this one no one died in this shooting.

One was critical, one was minor injuries and declined help, and the shooter was arrested after handing his gun to the teachers.

The wounded student, also 16, was in critical but stable condition Thursday in a Bakersfield hospital, the sheriff said.

Two other students -- both girls -- suffered injuries in the shooting and confusion, Youngblood said. One girl apparently close to the shotgun blast was taken to a hospital with hearing damage, authorities said. The second girl received minor injuries trying to flee, authorities said.

edition.cnn.com...

Raist

edit on 1/10/13 by Raist because: adding link and quote

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   

But one of the big secrets of Fox News was given her pink slip by the Broadcast Board of Governors The Official US Propaganda Agency. And get this on the day of the school shooting.

RESOLUTION HONORING DANA PERINO
December 14, 2012
www.bbg.gov...

I guess because she is tied to Cerberus.

abcnews.go.com...

At a press conference Tuesday, White House spokeswoman Dana Perino confirmed that General Motors and Chrysler "have been in contact with the administration on various levels," but she would not say whether the two companies were in merger talks.

GM and Cerberus Capital Management, which owns a majority stake in Chrysler, declined to comment.

Troubled asset relief: Perino said that the U.S. Treasury Department would determine whether U.S. automakers and their finance arms are eligible for the Troubled Asset Relief Program, a government program to buy up troubled loans from financial institutions. The program, commonly known as TARP, was approved earlier this month as part of the government's $700 billion financial rescue package.

And the Ex U.S. Treasury Secretary John Snow was part owner of Cerberus.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raist
However, since you seem to have the answers. What exactly do you sugest we do?

Same as we do any other crime. Find the perpetrators, and punish them to the fullest extant of the law. Of course I am not talking about the pathetic mind-controlled zombie they picked to be the patsy, but rather the other gunmen and operational support people, and then the CIA/Gladio-type controllers behind them. Unfortunately as long as the sheeple continue to drink the kool aid, that will be hard to do.
edit on 10-1-2013 by starviego because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-1-2013 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
This wasn't a "school shooting". It was drug deal, near a school.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   

isnt a pro-active answer better than a re-active answer?

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Isnt a pro-active answer better than a re-active answer?

Only if you believe in collective punishment, denial of civil liberties, guilt by suspicion or profile, and the Orwellian concept of 'pre-crimes.'

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   

could you define how:

1. collective punishment
2. denial of civil liberties
3. Guilt by susicion or profile
4. concept of pre-crimes

is relevant to a 'pro-active' solution to guncrime in America?

considering

1. no one is being 'punished' and their freedom revoked.
2. no one is being denied their 'civil liberties' because no one is removing the 2nd ammendment
3. no ones being 'assumed guilty'
4. there's no assumption of pre-crime? (much like owning a balaclava isnt an assumption of robbery)
edit on 10-1-2013 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by sprtpilot
This wasn't a "school shooting". It was drug deal, near a school.

People commonly confuse the two separate categories of shootings. One is a 'specific cause' assault, where a particular victim(s) is attacked for a particular motive(s). These are by far the majority of shootings. The other far less common category, though the one which gets all the publicity, are 'random-rage' assaults, where victims are chosen more or less randomly by a perpetrator who hates everybody, and thus usually results in a far higher casualty count.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   

isnt a pro-active answer better than a re-active answer?

Like trying to guess who's going to win the next lottery, in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Not really, because the pro-active answer to winning lottery is to buy tickets, not look for a winning ticket AFTER the draw.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Not really, because the pro-active answer to winning lottery is to buy tickets, not look for a winning ticket AFTER the draw.

The point you missed was that preempting the next rampage killing would be as easy as guessing who the next lottery winner will be. They are so rare per capita, there is no way of knowing.

The only thing you can do in both cases is wait for the "winner" to come forward.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Ahh I see. So this is a cover up, someone else did the shooting and they picked a person to blame? I guess that is the same with the CT shooting? What about James Holmes, is he also not guilty?

Raist

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
You gun control freaks do realize that in DC and Chicago where guns are banned there are the highest homocide rates of any city in the US.

Everyday people are shot and killed in those cities - EVERY DAY!!

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
This is all starting to look suspicious. More shootings just when gun laws are being challenged and steps taken to impose tighter restrictions. Emotions running high and people making knee jerk decisions. Convenient, very convenient. I know it's horrible to think anyone would stoop that low, but we're talking U.S. government here.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by digital01anarchy

Originally posted by roughycannon
Now if only they teachers had guns and the postman and the fire brigade, the woman in the shop etc none of this would have ever happened and they all lived happily ever after the end.

seriously go back to the 16th century with your queen,castles,princes and we will live in the wild west with our guns.

Even in the 20th century, we avoided complete nuclear destruction during the cold war because of mutually assured destruction.

I wish people would stop saying arming Americans is like returning to the wild wild west. It just sounds extremely ignorant.

edit on 10-1-2013 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Well there is about 28 death a day due to guns.....death rate is not up just the reporting...

Just think how long the news would be if they reported 100 fatal car accidents per day...or 100 fatal poisoning per day...

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join