It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: California High School Shooting - at least 2 injured

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoOfYFoOt

Hence, my point...You deflected his question, by minimizing the difference in skill, between the two.

That was kind of the point of this entire thing... He was saying what was more dangerous, sniper or kid with a gun. And truth be told when a sniper goes on a rampage he is not much better than a kid with a hunting rifle
en.wikipedia.org...

And, now, you attempt to compare apples to oranges, once again, by imagining a competition between a nut from yester-year in a tower, picking off random pedestrians at distance, and a nut assassinating trapped and helpless children.
What was your point to that, again?

Again, please read you were doing well for a while. He was asking which is more dangerous sniper or a kid with a gun. That was the question and I have answered it.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Damn, didn't mean to cause all that. I was just irritated at the implication that just because the chubby kid had lots of guns, didn't mean he is now more capable to inflict death than a trained killer. He just has lots of boom sticks.

The amount of guns has nothing at all to do with what would drive him to pick one or more of them up and fire it at someone for little to no reason. The fact that he is a bit nuts and stopped taking his medication, or spent the last 4 years of his life in a basement playing Call of Duty and has no earthly idea that out in the real world you cannot hit RESET is what I think might be the real issue. The longer that is ignored and everyone goes along with the knee jerk reaction of blaming the metal tube with a 30 round clip, this will keep happening. If not with a gun, then with a knife, or a sword, or with a baseball bat.

I hope you two don't have headaches this morning.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
The media is advertising it every single day that schools are gun-free zones where it's easy to find victims. It's also advertised as a great way to get your name known nationally. They're sending out the message far and wide.
They will blame gun owners of course, and liberty and freedom which now in this corrupt world mean "terrorism", and more and more shootings will happen until the frightened public are down on their knees begging for their rights to be taken away.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
Damn, didn't mean to cause all that. I was just irritated at the implication that just because the chubby kid had lots of guns, didn't mean he is now more capable to inflict death than a trained killer. He just has lots of boom sticks.

The amount of guns has nothing at all to do with what would drive him to pick one or more of them up and fire it at someone for little to no reason. The fact that he is a bit nuts and stopped taking his medication, or spent the last 4 years of his life in a basement playing Call of Duty and has no earthly idea that out in the real world you cannot hit RESET is what I think might be the real issue. The longer that is ignored and everyone goes along with the knee jerk reaction of blaming the metal tube with a 30 round clip, this will keep happening. If not with a gun, then with a knife, or a sword, or with a baseball bat.

I hope you two don't have headaches this morning.

NOPE! Cracked open some hair of the dog, first thing....LOL Caffeine Rules!

By the way, if he was in his basement for the last 4 years, how did he manage to accumulate so many weapons? The game doesn't spit them out, after you reach a certain level, does it???

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
We need to stop reporting on this crap. We are getting copy cat psychos. Ignore it. Same reason we don't report serial killings.
The MSMs incessant desire to exploit these events for ratings should be considered a criminal act.

Exactly.

Its a difficult thing to do due to freedom of information etc but in Roman times the names and history of murderers were completly obliterated from all historical accounts, reporting, documents, records etc. It was easier for them to do that, but obviously they saw a need for it.

I figured a scheme where all such incidents could only be published locally at govt offices and it was illegal to redistribute or broadcast the news item again, as such it was for your own information. So if someone was interested in a murder or even finding out about them they could, but in effect they had to keep that information private. They could talk about it but not publish it or broadcast it.

The bottom line is that we dont need to know this sort of news. It serves us as people little purpose and is nothing more than titilation at the expence of living and dead victims.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah65
There needs to be a 48 hour media blackout or something on tragedies like this. It feeds wild speculation. Not only that, we saw from the last tragedy that the media will say anything to get the "scoop" ...whether it is true or just made up bullsh!t. I still think the media should face some kind of charges for the chaos they created last month.

I also agree to a point that reporting on this stuff and giving it huge media attention may actually be a driving force in causing them...if someone is neglected and gets no attention and they see all the attention these heinous acts draws...well....

Yes, they are not allowed to dwell on serial killers for the obvious reasons of generating "copycats"....I think the same mentality is at play here.

There already is a 'blackout' its just you dont notice it.

The conspiracy is that the internet is heavily engineered. Before they give out the significant bits of info they have their Secret Internet Sensors BLACKOUT the majority of related information except the psyops they want you to see. This is why generally you only get 2-5 photos of the shooters. Luca Magnotta was an anomally as he had loads of sites but they were all fake and created as psyops counterintelligence blanketing the real Luka Magnotta content.

Most people, especially the young have massive foot prints across the net as do their friends and relatives. Its all 'blacked out' or censored before they give out vital information. As such, the 48 hour black out you mention already exists.

Currently all we know is there was a shooting?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by dom221211
this is getting wayyyyyy to out of hand everyone talks and talks about what their going to do but never do it .i dont want to let my kids go to school anymore

unfortunatly i dont have kids or a convenient womb to gestate some in but i will certainly be home schooling.

not because of shooters but more because of evil govt indoctrination.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Two points (general)

1) I think that a main driver in these things is GLORY. The media seldom says that, they dont mention it was a glorious way to die, a glorius way out. If you have ever experienced the drug of glory surging through your veins then maybe you'll relate. Mostly they talk as though the killer had a mental illness or didnt know what they were doing. They seldom mention the aspects of glory that I think are relevent. They probably dreamt about it, walked up and down practicinf in front of the mirror. talked to people about stuff knowing what they were planning.

2) I dont agree with gun control, id rather see EXTENDED PUNISHMENT. thats punishment to the families and freinds, depending on degrees of complicity. this would mean that parents would pay far more attention to what their kids were doing. The guy down the road from me is really old now but he used to go to all the gun shows and had an AK47 and other guns. Then he said that he had to get rid of them all when he got kids. Make sense? Makes sense to me.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Greeting ATS,

First off this is my first post after lurking on these forums for over two years. I have enjoyed most of the banter between members and have been content to sit on the sidelines and watch. However as of today I can no longer sit by and watch as this thread gets twisted and dragged on about this particular shooting. I believe what we need here are some facts to guide the discussion.

I live in Taft. I graduated from TUHS in 91. It is a small town composed mostly of Ag and Oil fields. This was not a gang shooting. It was a for lack of a better term a bullied kid trying to express his wish to not be bullied and call out his bully in front of the whole school. It was beyond stupid. He will pay for it for the rest of his life. The two people shot were not intended targets. The more seriously shot kid actually tried to talk to the shooter. Unfortunately for him hes a big guy, the desks are small and when he got up and turned the desk jarred and startled the shooter into swinging the gun and discharging the weapon. After he realized what he did the shooter even said "Oh god man I didnt mean to shoot you!" At that point the shooters plan of calling out the bully started to fall apart. The teacher to his credit and a former schoolmate of mine cleared the class and the shooter fired two more times once at the intended target and once more at another student on his " Hit List".

The teacher after clearing the class remained behind with a school supervisor and both of them talked the shooter into laying down the shotgun. Taft PD took him into custody moments later. All of this took place in less than 4 minutes. Taft PD was on scene 2 minutes after they got the call of a kid with a gun going into the school. Within 9 hours the FBI had cleared everyone from the school and allowed the children to be turned over to their parents.

Within hours of the shooting it became clear that this was not intended to be a mass shooting and its being treated as a case of bulling. The school had evidence of this shooter being expelled the year before with another hit list. The school vice principal had texts from other students dating back to at least Dec18 2012, warning that people should start taking this kid seriously and being nice to him before he carries out his new hit list. The administration did nothing but punish the girls that brought their texts to the admins attention.

There was no gang activity......we dont have them...we have some wannabe like gang bangers not the real thing.
There was no "assault weapon" involved. It was a standard 3+1 shotgun from Big5 Sporting goods.
He took the rifle from his brother. No one sold it to him. Its legal in CA.
The school was to have a "lockdown" drill schedualed for 4th period that day. They was no government conspiricy to stage another school shooting.
Taft is a small town with small town values. Normal Rockwell would feel right at home here.
We are not part of Bakersfield......you can keep that hell hole of a town, with all its gang violence and drug lords running around thank you very much.

This folks is simply a case of a kid pushed too hard, that had crap parents, doing a very dumb thing that caused problems far beyond what he as a bowl full of mush braindead teanager could comprehend. Again its a mistake that will change both this town and the people involved forever. Its really simple teach your children right from wrong. Properly teach them the proper use and treatment of guns, and teach them to think instead of reacting, anf maybe just maybe in 40 years we can put this crap behind us.

Oh and to the pompus numbnuts that thinks Taft is some armpit of a place to live, Im sorry you never met our town the proper way, but I kinda dont think we we would want you anyway.
edit on 12-1-2013 by Fedki because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Fedki

Thank you for taking the time to join and post a much more complete picture, of this incident.
Let me give you your first star!
Your sentiment rings true. I wish we could all go back to where things started going wrong in this country, and make the correct decision, this time...

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Fedki

I would not be so quick to rule out a conspiracy. There are many unanswered questions:

Why haven't they named the suspect yet?

What color of clothes was he wearing?

Did he have a history with the police beforehand?

Was he a student at the school at the time of the shooting?

What drugs was he on?

Did he have a shrink?

Why did the FBI get involved?

Was the suspect a goth? Did anybody ever see him wearing a black trenchcoat?

Had he talked to a military recruiter?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Fedki

Thank you for joining up and posting to set the record straight. You have Denied Ignorance and proved that not everything is a conspiracy.

I am sorry that this incident happened in your community, and I wish all of Taft the best in going forward. (I have a feeling the school administration might be in for some self-reflection.)

"teach them to think instead of reacting, anf maybe just maybe in 40 years we can put this crap behind us" -- such wise counsel, Fedki! To use a phrase (from firearms), too many people go off half-cocked. The world today seems to demand rush and hurry, and knee jerk reactions seem appropriate. People demand instantaneous action.

We need to teach paying attention, which requires time and focus. Patience. All this might come more naturally to some, but everyone would be better off making a habit of these things. We old timers always understood why we only needed three bullets to go hunting; the aforementioned qualities were the true mark of a marksman.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Fedki

The more seriously shot kid actually tried to talk to the shooter. Unfortunately for him hes a big guy, the desks are small and when he got up and turned the desk jarred and startled the shooter into swinging the gun and discharging the weapon. After he realized what he did the shooter even said "Oh god man I didnt mean to shoot you!" At that point the shooters plan of calling out the bully started to fall apart. The teacher to his credit and a former schoolmate of mine cleared the class and the shooter fired two more times once at the intended target and once more at another student on his " Hit List".

Cool story bro
But...
Only one kid was shot and only 3 shots were fired. I did like the whole" I went to that high school " thing, it really adds credibility.

The school vice principal had texts from other students dating back to at least Dec18 2012, warning that people should start taking this kid seriously and being nice to him before he carries out his new hit list. The administration did nothing but punish the girls that brought their texts to the admins attention.

They suspended him for it too ya know?
www.cnn.com...#/video/crime/2013/01/11/erin-lah-high-school-shooting-hit-list.cnn

There was no "assault weapon" involved. It was a standard 3+1 shotgun from Big5 Sporting goods.

Yeah that was all cleared up on page one.

I have a strong feeling that you are either basing your info off of "town gossip" if you really live there and/or the initial press reports. There was a whole report of what happened if you want to update your story and post it on another forum you have been lurking on for years
www.bakersfieldnow.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by starviego
reply to post by Fedki

I would not be so quick to rule out a conspiracy. There are many unanswered questions:

Why haven't they named the suspect yet?

What color of clothes was he wearing?

Did he have a history with the police beforehand?

Was he a student at the school at the time of the shooting?

What drugs was he on?

Did he have a shrink?

Why did the FBI get involved?

Was the suspect a goth? Did anybody ever see him wearing a black trenchcoat?

Had he talked to a military recruiter?

I am quite happy to be here in the flesh so to speak instead of lurking. To be honest I understand the nature of this site is to question everything and examine it closely. That being said there are no real questions to be answered other than what happens next. But to maybe answer a bit better here goes:

1. The shooters name is Brain Oliver. They have announced his name several times and even showed his class photo. I know of the family not the shooter personally. Its a small town. We knew in minutes who it was.

2.Blue jeans, sneakers, flanel shirt with tshirt. Typical teenager gear.

3. No history with the police. Most cops know the trouble makers. He wasnt one of them.

4.Yes he was a student at the time. He missed the first part of the class and came in the back door of the room.
There have been reports or him being expelled at the time. Not true he was however expelled last year at the jr HS for having a hit list.

5. No drugs. Illegal or otherwise. Big phrarma wasn't the issue either.

6.No shrink that we know of, but those records are sealed by the court and not for public viewing. Given the family most likely no he was seeing a shrink.

7.As with most things that are out of the scope of local authorities, You call and expert when you need help beyond what you commonly deal with. It is my understanding that Taft PD turned the investigation over to the sheriffs office and they turned it over to the feds who have the money and experience with these types of cases.

8. No hes not a Goth kid. No he does'nt wear black trench coats.

9. Recruiters here don't generally talk with freshmen since their not eligable for service for at least 3 more years. To my knowledge no he hasn't seen a recruiter.

I know in times like this we want to quantify and put everything in a nice little box and when things dont fit or we dont have all the information we tend to think the worst and about what just happened and pin it on something or someone. In this case folks its just as you see it. Could there be other issues like mental health at work here? Well DUH the kid brought a gun to school! Does it mean its part of some vast agenda we don't know about, most likely not. Will it be used by people on the left and other parts of big government to strip away our rights in a vain and foolish attempt at "doing something to save our children", most likely it will be.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Superhans
reply to post by Fedki

The more seriously shot kid actually tried to talk to the shooter. Unfortunately for him hes a big guy, the desks are small and when he got up and turned the desk jarred and startled the shooter into swinging the gun and discharging the weapon. After he realized what he did the shooter even said "Oh god man I didnt mean to shoot you!" At that point the shooters plan of calling out the bully started to fall apart. The teacher to his credit and a former schoolmate of mine cleared the class and the shooter fired two more times once at the intended target and once more at another student on his " Hit List".

Cool story bro
But...
Only one kid was shot and only 3 shots were fired. I did like the whole" I went to that high school " thing, it really adds credibility.

The school vice principal had texts from other students dating back to at least Dec18 2012, warning that people should start taking this kid seriously and being nice to him before he carries out his new hit list. The administration did nothing but punish the girls that brought their texts to the admins attention.

They suspended him for it too ya know?
www.cnn.com...#/video/crime/2013/01/11/erin-lah-high-school-shooting-hit-list.cnn

Yeah that was all cleared up on page one.

I have a strong feeling that you are either basing your info off of "town gossip" if you really live there and/or the initial press reports. There was a whole report of what happened if you want to update your story and post it on another forum you have been lurking on for years
www.bakersfieldnow.com...

Well for starters the source you gave is known to tell what they know not what actually happened. Their horrible at it. Im not basing any information you have seen me type here on town gossip. That leads to misunderstandings and in a small town like ours hurt feelings. We mostly know each other here, Im even will to bet that if anyone in my town actually reads this post I'm sure they'll even know who I am by the way this sounds.

Though Youngblood did get most of the information right the reports afterward clearly show and have been verified by children in the school room at the time of the incident as being slightly off. Bo the kid that was shot is huge. Hes almost my size(I stand almost 6'6" and weight close to 400 pounds), getting in and out of the chairs makes them move. It startled the already nervous kid and he swung and discharged the weapon. His intended targat actually drove for the ground and would not get up nor acknowledge the shooter. While the kids were running out he turned to try and get the the male target and missed by a long shot. He fired at another one of the people on this renewed hit list of his and she got very lucky and tripped and half skidded half crawled threw the door.
Remember Sheriff Youngblood had all of 4 hours roughly to gather the information he gave at that press confernce. You did watch it didnt you? Cause I sure as hell did. As for the expulsion for the shooter yes, he had been suspended....from the JR HS as I stated. Unless I'm misunderstanding you then my apologies. Do you even know the name of the JR HS in Taft? DO you know how far away it is? Im betting no. Either way for whatever reason the expulsion was either ignored and he was allowed to do a program called continuation or JR HS passed him along to the HS to deal with. That currently is being looked into. Again if theres something missing that you feel you need me to explain please ask I'll be happy to share what I know. If on the other hand you're just feeling like being a smartass and starting crap on a subject its obvious you know nada about then feel free to fire, flame or pipe up again as you see fit. Or their is a third probably better option, I doubt you'll take it, but maybe, just maybe you should leave this roughneck alone and in peace. Its usually the better option but hey Im not a forum warrior like you.
edit on 13-1-2013 by Fedki because: spelling

edit on 13-1-2013 by Fedki because: spelling again...damn these huge fingers

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Fedki

Thank you for answering those questions. So it appears this one does not fit the profile of a covert op, for the most part. Though possibly he was influenced by all the publicity around Sandy Hook, making him a copycat.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join