It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: California High School Shooting - at least 2 injured

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by roughycannon

Unless the kid attacks the person carrying a weapons and then uses it to kill people

Taking a holstered gun from someone who isnt paying attention or doesnt expect it isnt that hard.

the more armed people we have the more weapons will be stolen.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Ignorance is bliss eh.. Lot of people get killed in the USA with guns and as for serial murderers just ignore them too as long as it does not effect you.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by digital01anarchy

it would help and im for it,when u get kids u will understand

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Thread already up
www.abovetopsecret.com...

nobody dead

www.huffingtonpost.com...
CORRECTION: A previous version of this article stated that 2 people were reported dead. Two people were reported injured.

CX

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by roughycannon

Originally posted by CX

Originally posted by grey580
reply to post by roughycannon

Out of curiosity what country do you live in?
Maybe your media doesn't glorify violence.

Im in the UK our school shootings are never covered in the MSM

Probably because we rarely get them.

I think Dunblane may have got a bit of press attention though.

CX.

Or they simply don't happen because we have banned guns, funny that eh?

If you think kids in Britain couldn't get their hands on a gun easy enough, you might want to check "the streets" where you say you are from again.

Was talking to a guy from London the other day in our local who said his 9 year old daughter (she was sat there next to him and agreed with her dad) could "get a gun down his road easier than she could get a sandwich from the shops". His exact words.

CX.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
These sick in the head kids are out of control

They have their roll-models to look up too.
. . . their government taught them all they know.

edit on 11/1/13 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   
hey america, these mass shootings are becoming a bore.
complete snoozers.

if your government did one of these shootings right , that would be all they would need.
but they keep on botching them. honetly, what kind of idiot actually believes these events are real?

lol.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   
BREAKING: People get shot every day all over the world since the gun has been invented!

AND: it will continue to happen untill all guns are melted down and all schematics are destroyed and all people with any kind of knowledge are eradicated from the earth.

think about it people, if we get knocked back to the stone-age we may see some time without gun death, but unless a global catastrophe happens or something similar we will have guns, and people will die.

oh wait im truly sorry, there is one more option, every man women and child make a solemn pact to not kill one another anymore and continue that pact untill the earth is destroyed(which will happen eventually).

im crossing my fingers for the latter, but untill then might as well strap up

edit on 11-1-2013 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

This doesn't look like the same sort of case. Seems he was bullied, and shot a couple of people responsible for that. I don't know that there is any evidence (but please show me if there is) that he intended to shoot others.

Of course, this will bring on more screaming for banning guns, and not address the real issue.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   
8,125 Deaths have happened today as of the exact moment I am typing this.
Let's deal with WHY we are killing each other instead of "how" can we fix this problem. Think about it.

www.worldometers.info...

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Now if only they teachers had guns and the postman and the fire brigade, the woman in the shop etc none of this would have ever happened and they all lived happily ever after the end.

And if only no one had access to guns, this never would have happened in the first place, most likely. People might say well he would've used a knife if he didn't have a gun but a gun makes it so much easier and there's a big difference between aiming and pulling a trigger versus putting a knife in someone, plus a person can run away from a knife, not so with a bullet.

Pretty sick to see how many stars the above post got. Thing is, it's too late to disarm America now so there's no point in debate I suppose. People just hide behind an amendment that was created for a bygone era and now here's the consequences. It's only when you aren't brought up with guns that you can see how wrong a gun toting population is, if it's ingrained into your culture like much of the U.S then you're gonna think it's essential to be armed as you know no different.

Let me tell you, when you're brought up in a non-gun society the thought of the general public being armed is totally alarming, you would only understand this if brought up in said society.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   
NOBODY DIED IN THIS SHOOTING
www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 03:40 AM
link   
yet another coincidence.

this happened during Biden gun violence event ... wonder if it would have even been reported if it happened a few hours after.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   
What about cars?

Why haven't I seen this point brought up with anyone?

I don't even need to look at the statistics to tell you that cars kill more people than probably anything.

So, why don't we outlaw them?

Oh, we need them?

Well, it can be very easily argued that we need guns, too. Break ins, hold ups, school shootings, tyrannical government (2nd ammendment), etc...

I think it's funny how people say "What do you even need an automatic weapon for? They're only good for killing people."

Well, DUH.

And, that's exactly WHY we need them according to the 2nd ammendment and what the Founding Fathers said regarding the 2nd ammendment. Yes, yes most definitely for people. What do you think a tyrannical government is?

It's people. Attacking you.

Will it happen? I don't know, the 2nd ammendment has nothing to do with whether it will or won't happen. It has to do
with in CASE it happens.

You may say it's out-dated, the 2nd ammendment, but PLEASE PLEASE read every single quote you CAN FIND from
the founding fathers regarding the 2nd ammendment and then try to say the 2nd ammendment is out-dated.

No, don't do anything until you've read what they have to say. You live in their country, you owe them that much.

No. Shush. Read.

Then get back.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by tgalahan2

because cars are an essential part of our lives.
much like air transport... electricity....and water! they can very easily cause death, but when managed and handled properly they work. Besides, its acceptable losses for cars and transport, because its common and expected.

Where as mass murders with weapons of war like the Bush Master.. is a pointless price to pay just so some people can stroke their barrel and brag about the attachments and caliber of their weapon.

Guns in the hands of law enforcement, army and for basic home protections are a essential part of our lives.
Having a hobby that lets you build an arsenal capable of destroying countless lives... just doesn't seem essential.. to me!

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
reply to post by tgalahan2

because cars are an essential part of our lives.
much like air transport... electricity....and water! they can very easily cause death, but when managed and handled properly they work. Besides, its acceptable losses for cars and transport, because its common and expected.

Where as mass murders with weapons of war like the Bush Master.. is a pointless price to pay just so some people can stroke their barrel and brag about the attachments and caliber of their weapon.

Guns in the hands of law enforcement, army and for basic home protections are a essential part of our lives.
Having a hobby that lets you build an arsenal capable of destroying countless lives... just doesn't seem essential.. to me!

First, nobody died in this incident.

Second, If you don't want to pay attention to the figures, thats fine. I know you have your opinions.

Over 2.5 million Americans use firearms in self-defense every year, over 70% of gun deaths are gang related and criminals are the least likely of any group to acquire arms legally.

The second you start advocating any use of force to strip Americans from their unalienable right to bear arms (ban of any kind), you lose all moral standing. Using guns and violent use of force. If you advocate voluntary gun turn-ins through ideas then there is nothing wrong with it at all.

Please don't ignore the real reason the second amendment was created.

BILL OF RIGHTS - AMENDMENT II

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Cars are not a essential part of our life.

For centuries, people used horses to get themselves or product from one place to another.

The number of people killed, maimed or injured by vehicles also eclipses gun related injuries/death.

The topic of guns is a emotional issue for many, just like abortion, racism or religion.

As far as I am concerned, once a topic reaches a point where decisions are made on a emotional level....it should be shelved until saner heads prevail.

Please, rationalize to me why millions of legal law abiding citizens should be penalized because of one whack job?

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028
so many more murders and shootings happen everyday, but only report on the ones that spark irrational emotional responses to court people to support the states agenda of 'gun control.'

thats the only reason why we're hearing more of these stories.

We never hear o the guy who saved lives with a gun. no we dont want that in the news because the MSM wants to make all gun owners look/sound like irrational crazy domestic terrorists who need to be locked up in a looney-bin.

You forgot to mention that only the US media reports this, the UK media doesn't bother reporting our school massacre's...

Flat out lie, i've heard all about the shootings that Fox report, the same day the US hears about it, this shooting is gang related so i doubt it will be reported in the UK as the US is full of gang crime.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028
so many more murders and shootings happen everyday, but only report on the ones that spark irrational emotional responses to court people to support the states agenda of 'gun control.'

thats the only reason why we're hearing more of these stories.

We never hear o the guy who saved lives with a gun. no we dont want that in the news because the MSM wants to make all gun owners look/sound like irrational crazy domestic terrorists who need to be locked up in a looney-bin.

You forgot to mention that only the US media reports this, the UK media doesn't bother reporting our school massacre's...

Flat out lie, i've heard all about the shootings that Fox report, the same day the US hears about it, this shooting is gang related so i doubt it will be reported in the UK as the US is full of gang crime.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   

edit on 11-1-2013 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join