It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking UFO's over Miami , FL - January 8, 2013

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by RandyBragg

Originally posted by Ramcheck

I know you were joking etc. but this seems like a good opportunity to say to others that it would be incredibly easy to make lanterns fly in a triangle formation.

why would you need the string? As long as they were not in a straight line they would be in a triangle formation.

To keep them in perfect formation (at least long enough for a 40 second video)..

Your theory is relying on a calm to zero wind.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee
reply to post by Tazkven

At the 2.50 mark you can see a mountain line in the upper left, I would think these are lights on a mountain and a plane flew in front of the mountain.

I see there are a couple possibles but if this is so you would realize it.

Miami-Dade County, Florida, is home to a total of 2 mountain summits and peaks, as shown in the list below. Click on any entry in the list for more detailed information on that particular mountain peak or summit in Miami-Dade County, Florida.

haha, from the link.

Palm Tree Head is a mountain summit in Miami-Dade County in the state of Florida (FL). Palm Tree Head climbs to 7 feet (2.13 meters) above sea level. Palm Tree Head is located at latitude - longitude coordinates (also called lat - long coordinates or GPS coordinates) of N 25.819266 and W -80.699228.

7 feet.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Connman
reply to post by Char-Lee

Mountains in Florida?

Wow

Palm Tree Head is a mountain summit in Miami-Dade County in the state of Florida (FL). Palm Tree Head climbs to 7 feet (2.13 meters) above sea level

from this link
Palm Tree Head
climbs to 7 feet (2.13 meters) above sea level

and

Panther Mound climbs to 3 feet (0.91 meters) above sea level.

from the same link as above
Panther Mound Summit

climbs to 3 feet (0.91 meters) above sea level.

Well I can honestly say nothing on those mountains with a plane flying by in front of them or it would crash.

Florida - Highest Mountains Name Elevation Latitude/Longitude
1 Britton Hill 105 m 30.989 / -86.282
2 Falling Water Hill 97 m 30.731 / -85.535
3 High Hill 96 m 30.731 / -85.485
4 Sugarloaf Mountain 94 m 28.649 / -81.733
5 Danley Hill 93 m 30.974 / -86.195
6 Sandy Mountain 90 m 30.663 / -86.284
7 Pleasant Ridge 90 m 30.845 / -85.98
8 Iron Mountain 88 m 27.937 / -81.577
9 Orange Hill 87 m 30.669 / -85.515
10 Mud Hill 87 m 30.617 / -85.62

www.geonames.org...

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Name Elevation Latitude/Longitude
1 Britton Hill 105 m 30.989 / -86.282
2 Falling Water Hill 97 m 30.731 / -85.535
3 High Hill 96 m 30.731 / -85.485
4 Sugarloaf Mountain 94 m 28.649 / -81.733
5 Danley Hill 93 m 30.974 / -86.195
6 Sandy Mountain 90 m 30.663 / -86.284
7 Pleasant Ridge 90 m 30.845 / -85.98
8 Iron Mountain 88 m 27.937 / -81.577
9 Orange Hill 87 m 30.669 / -85.515
10 Mud Hill 87 m 30.617 / -85.62

Guess around 300 ft.is the highest
www.geonames.org...

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel

reply to post by Tazkven

At the 2.50 mark you can see a mountain line in the upper left, I would think these are lights on a mountain and a plane flew in front of the mountain.

I see there are a couple possibles but if this is so you would realize it.

Miami-Dade County, Florida, is home to a total of 2 mountain summits and peaks, as shown in the list below. Click on any entry in the list for more detailed information on that particular mountain peak or summit in Miami-Dade County, Florida.

haha, from the link.

Palm Tree Head is a mountain summit in Miami-Dade County in the state of Florida (FL). Palm Tree Head climbs to 7 feet (2.13 meters) above sea level. Palm Tree Head is located at latitude - longitude coordinates (also called lat - long coordinates or GPS coordinates) of N 25.819266 and W -80.699228.

7 feet.

Well I had no idea where the picture was taken and I did grab the first "mountain in fl" listed I saw :-)
Still if it WERE near a mountain it would be very believable considering no one expects that in FL right.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

True but there are no mountains in Florida, only hills ... Britton Hill being the tallest as listed in your chart and is the lowest high point of any state in the US. Florida has buildings taller than Britton Hill.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tazkven

True but there are no mountains in Florida, only hills ... Britton Hill being the tallest as listed in your chart and is the lowest high point of any state in the US. Florida has buildings taller than Britton Hill.

If the lights were on that mountain could it look like the "UFOs"?

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
If those are fairly high mountains in the background then it isn't Florida, is it.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tazkven

If the lights were on that mountain could it look like the "UFOs"?

Considering that the highest natural point in Miami is in Coconut Grove, near the bay, along the Miami Rock Ridge at 24 feet ... I doubt it.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

My guess would be no but I took them for trees, you can see an airplane flying far in the distance behind the "formation" if there was a mountain there doubt you could see the plane.

edit on 11-1-2013 by Tazkven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I found this kind of interesting...

Right around the :38 second mark, another very similar light comes on screen which he completely ignores. Maybe since it's not in formation.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

Hey, good catch ... didn't notice that one till you pointed it out.

The most down to earth explanation I have for this is helicopters. My only problem with that explanation is no running lights.

I been watching Danny's channel and so far nothing, although another guy claims to have seen the same thing but we know how that went last time we heard that

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop
I found this kind of interesting...

Right around the :38 second mark, another very similar light comes on screen which he completely ignores. Maybe since it's not in formation.

Thought that was a street light.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Thought that was a street light

Doubtful. It's not on at the beginning at all. Then it appears around :38. Then, it gets really bright at 1:58

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

Hello, I'm in Miami, if your video is legit.. (You have the 8mm tape) I can set you up, to go to to a varierity of spanish channels Channel 41 (AmericaTV - Shows Arrebatados, A mano Limpia, Sevcsec)
Telemiami (Patrcik Cordero)
Telemundo (Al Rojo Vivo)

Let me know if you are interested...

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by yuniorsan

As I said in the OP, this is not my video nor do I know the guy who filmed it, I live in Kentucky.

However, you can contact the creator by following the link in the first post of this thread, he is the original source.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
This sort of aircraft has been spotted all over the world, 3 lights and usually in the center is a swirling mass of energy/light.

I'd provide links but I'm sure you can dig up more on your own if you're interested in seeing how common this sighting is actually. Even the french police have engaged one of these, they looked scared #less in their helicopter.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

I live in Miami.
Where was this taken?
A street and ave if you don't mind.
And what direction were you pointing the camera?
north south east west?

BTW there are no mountains in Miami. A few places where the street height can vary maybe 10-30 feet. But that's about it. It's as flat a as a pancake around here. you don't see hills till you get into northern florida.

Also too we just had a bowl game at the stadium.
Could of been a blimp.
edit on 11-1-2013 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by wlasikiewicz
reply to post by marbles87

If that was airplanes on approach they would have passed, not hovering and slightly moving. This is a good video and one that will be hard to debunk.

Airplane(s) on approach often give the impression of hovering, especially very large planes. I watched a C5 Galaxy hang in the air on approach to Andrews AFB for what seemed like ten - fifteen minutes. Appeared not to move and hang motionless in the sky, but rest assured it was traveling at a pretty good clip...Live directly under the approach line to O'Hare and the planes line up a good 100 miles away to the east of my home...they come right in line over my house...they hang motionless in the sky...so your statement is bunkola...

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Read the OP again... He did not post the video on youtube

edit on 11-1-2013 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join