It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High drama: Qantas python's flying circus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
WARNING - Some animal lovers may find scenes in the video disturbing.

It looks like a snake got into the plane through a loading ramp and got into the area where the passengers finally saw it struggling against the wind and cold at high speed and altitude.

SOURCE

QANTAS had its own dramatic ''snakes on a plane'' episode when a three-metre python joined passengers on an early morning flight to Papua New Guinea.

But unlike Samuel L. Jackson's 2006 fictional Hollywood blockbuster in which a nest of vipers causes death and destruction on a jet, this reptile was concerned only with self-preservation.

''I felt quite sad for it, really. For the remainder of the flight, he was trying to pull himself back into the plane, even though he was fighting against 400km/h winds. The cabin crew told us that at cruising altitude, it was minus 12 degrees outside - but not even that was able to finish him.''

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Next time I fly QANTAS I won't complain about economy class.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Hey it's a pity the snake eventually died. It would be a great animal-interest story if it survived.

As a secondary thought if it did survive and nobody noticed, it could have spawned an entirely new species of snake which would have confused historians in years to come as to how a species from Australia managed to breed with the New Guinea species.

new topics

join