It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

O'Hare Airport Nov 2006 UFO Incident with NARCAP Summary Report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Came across this video whilst doing my usual browsing and thought I would share with the interested ATS'ers. It's basically a recap of this slightly under-rated case and has a lot of great information in it which some ATS'ers may not be aware of.

Some of the more interesting points:

-Definite saucer shaped disk sighted over the terminal (by several witnesses).
-FOIA recordings of the controllers discussing it. Also confirms the cover up afterwards.

I would strongly recommend folks to read the report in the video also.

Personal note, why are most people so quick to forget events such as this? It's like it was on the news one week and then disappeared the next, could this be a case of government intervention on the case to "play it down"?

It's striking to me how there was only ever two threads on this case while there is a ton of threads covering the same cases elsewhere:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Pictures and video included in this video and there's also an interview with Leslie Kean discussing the finer points of the case.

edit on 10-1-2013 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I have a friend that works building maintance there and he didn't see anything but doesn't talk about it by order I would guess

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikell
I have a friend that works building maintance there and he didn't see anything but doesn't talk about it by order I would guess

Did you ask him if he talked to people that did see something?

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Not in quite a while his response was ( We don't talk about that)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Everyone tries to cover up everything now a days. I look forward to watching the video when i have a spare hour. I can remember this case but it seemed to just disappear from everyone's interest.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I've read the NARCAP TR10_Case_18a.pdf several times since it was posted, as well as all the O'Hare posts on ATS and some other material.

From page 17 of that report,

It seems the first mention of an object was at 3:58 pm:

"The above time estimates appear to be at variance with the FA'As inbound ground controller's statement made at 3:58:09 pm to Gateway flight 5668 to "...use caution for the ah, UFO" which is the first official mention of a UFO by the FAA."

"Without definitive data we will assume that the UAP departed at about 4:34 pm."

So the object hovered over O'Hare for more than a half hour.

Interesting to revisit this sighting and to re-read the testimonies of the witnesses, including the posts to ATS by "Eyewitness" (Ms J.H.) Her keen sense of detail and experience around aircraft lends great credibility to her statements.

edit on 11-1-2013 by gguyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I mentioned this case in a thread just the other day in response to some "skeptic" who thinks eyewitness testimony should just be dismissed from any case.
That's ridiculous. This case has a LOT of meat to it.

Also, the more I study up on UFOlogy the stronger my suspicion that people just "forget" about these good cases for reasons we cannot possibly understand, if ya catch my drift.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Well, this has to be a top-10 case, even though the witnesses who talked didn't want to be named, the rest still won't talk, and no legit photos have surfaced, even though some witnesses said they saw pictures being taken.

And it happened on an election day. There has to be a joke in that somewhere, I suppose. But it may have added to the smoke screen, at least.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I remember it was reported somewhere that a Pilot got some pictures of it.
Obviously those didn't make it to the news, if they even exist.
Does anyone remember this too and knows the rest of the story?
I don't expect the pictures though.

I didn't have the time to watch the video yet, apologies if the answer is already in there.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum

Personal note, why are most people so quick to forget events such as this? It's like it was on the news one week and then disappeared the next..

Zcustosmorum, good personal note
- cases like the Stephenville incident from two years later and the Holland Michigan incident from two years before don't seemed to get talked about much either.

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum

Some of the more interesting points:

-Definite saucer shaped disk sighted over the terminal (by several witnesses).

It was buried in one of your linked threads (page 110) but here's another interesting (and very similar) report from a USAF document which describes an almost identical UFO over O'Hare airport from 1952 - the object was described as a smooth, silver, flat and oval shaped which 'moved faster than any jet fighter' - it was witnessed by three USAF Air Policemen as well as separately located firemen.

June 29, 1952; O'Hare Airport, Chicago, Illinois.

5:45-6:30 p.m. (CDT).

3 USAF air policemen, 83rd Air Base Sq, Air Police Detachment, S/Sgt. Lopez, A/1c Weber, and A/3c Korkowski, saw a bright silver, smooth surfaced, flat oval 30 ft object at about 500 to­1,000 ft height about 2-3 miles away reflecting sunlight surrounded by a blue circle of haze for the first 20-25 mins, hovering, appeared between radio towers for stations WGN and WBBN 7 miles away to the WSW at about 2° elevation and to the left and S of the setting sun, then move very fast to the right and left, and up and down relative to the radio towers, moving almost instantaneously and much faster than any jet fighter. Object rocked on its longitudinal axis, appeared oval when oriented vertically, thin and difficult to see when horizontal.
Object receded at high speed then disappeared like shutting off a light. No trail, no noise. Independently witnessed by Chicago firemen several miles away.

Link

Cheers.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Thanx for the additional info mate

I think it's fair to say that there MUST be other airports which have had UFO incidents, also interesting that O'Hare has two and not just one incident.

top topics

join