It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Carolina teacher suspended for stomping on an American flag

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by narwahl

fair enough man.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by zedVSzardoz
Because I was raised with AMERICAN ideals where we were drilled about free speech and the the right of others to have ideas that I may not appreciate.

So you agree that this man should not be fired or have been suspended?

Or are you a hypocrite?

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by HandyDandy

I have not said a word about his punishment. I have spent this entire thread trying to educate people who make things up or parrot retarded fiction as fact because it fits their bias.

I think the state should decide. If they honor their laws or federal laws (suggestions) is up to them. I dont believe in pushing my ideals on people.

If they wish to use him as an example to others, and the state allows it because they agree then that is THEIR business. If they dont and they in turn ask that every one burn a flag in the state as an act of solidarity with him, I would not like it, BUT I would respect their right to do so.

That is democracy. Not some BS childish act of trying to insult people because you are upset. Like when you compared me to , and I quote, "crazy Muslims" for not appreciating a total lack of respect and composure. That was xenophobic and ignorant on your part.

You like desecrating symbols that people identify with because it is insulting to others, FINE, but dont TRY to belittle me because I think you are being a petty fool for doing so.

Honestly though, You dont seem to really care anyways. You insult Muslims and say they are fanatical crazy people and push a liberal agenda.....hmmm, you are being less than honest about your real intentions. You just want to cause discord and at the same time insult as many people as possible. Nothing about you adds up.

I doubt you are even American.

edit on 10-1-2013 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by zedVSzardoz

Fanaticism is fanaticism in my opinion.

Sorry that it hurt your feelings to be compared to a fanatic when you are acting like one.

And yes, being overly worried that someone stomped on the US flag is fanatic. And saying you are a patriot while trying to styme the freedoms of others is hypocritical.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

so you think burning a flag is NOT fanaticism?

I am sorry your butt hurt from life makes you so vile that you need to defend people being disrespectful to others.

I said nothing of patriotism. I spoke of respect for others which you have none for anyone.

If you even tried to converse with me you would know that. You just chose a side and went go, like a fool.

If you want me to honor your 1st amendment rights, show me you honor the country that holds them as law.

If not, leave. You dont want the first or any other part of the US constitution applied to your life. You are not comfortable here and should then leave since you are just poison in a place you hate. That is not normal.

I would rather respect you as a person from another country than see you as a confused idiot crapping where he ( and I ) eat.

You dont get to choose what I respect and what not. Either you respect the country or you dont. Dont sit there and troll the first amendment while crapping on the symbol of it.

edit on 10-1-2013 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

If that is the case, I will apologize.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

fair enough.

no prob.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by zedVSzardoz

so you think burning a flag is NOT fanaticism?

It fits the definition.

I spoke of respect for others

And I spoke of the federal supreme court rulings that negated the state's laws......

If not, leave. You dont want the first or any other amendment applied to your life. You are not comfortable here and should then leave since you are just poison in a place you hate. That is not normal.

And I'm the one who "took sides and went go"?

Either you respect the country or you dont. Dont sit there and troll the first amendment while crapping on the symbol of it.

When did I say I have or ever would desecrate the flag? All I have said is it is legal......

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by goou111

Originally posted by zroth

Originally posted by zroth

I hope he never gets to teach again

Thank God it is not up to people like you.

It is up to people like me... hes been suspended and will probably get fired
edit on 10-1-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

OK, then good job getting one less educator in the world.

Here comes China and North Korea.

Teaching kids to stomp on the American flag is not the education they need.. period..

If he wants to teach his own damm kids to stomp on the American flag fine.. But hes not gonna teach my f------ kids

Teaching kids to blindly serve ideals without questioning is abusive. I would argue that retaliation is not the not the education they need either.

What type of message are you delivering to your children by being intolerant and allowing one moment to define a person?

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Here in the UK we can wipe our noses with our flag, wipe our asses with it and jump up and down on it without getting into any bother with the law. It's only a flag, nothing else. You Americans take it too seriously all the time.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by LewsTherinThelamon

In the minds of the sheeple, a flag means something.

Forget about the fact that these brainless wonders keep re-electing the same criminals from the 2-heading 1-Party monopoly.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Just another South Carolinian making us all look like fools here.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   

We are a UNION....not a federation. A union of nations...each state CHOOSES to remain in the UNION. Its state constitution is supreme. That is the spirit of the republic bud.

Very well said.

I wish I could give you one million stars. Most people have no clue that the states of the Union are the lawful countries. The majority falsely believe that their "country" is all of the states collectively, which isn't true, and this can be proven.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
reply to post by LewsTherinThelamon

In the minds of the sheeple, a flag means something.

Forget about the fact that these brainless wonders keep re-electing the same criminals from the 2-heading 1-Party monopoly.

I feel your frustration, it is infuriating the position that we are in.

But there is a way to fix the republic!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join