It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strong smell of hydrogen sulphide

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snoopie
I used to get that smell living here in Central Scotland, but only when the wind was blowing my direction from the chemical plants down the docks.

Is there any big plants or factories near where you are OP ?

The nearest is roughly 40 miles away - could it drift from that far?

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
reply to post by Anthony2

Not sure where you are from but is there any oil/gas drilling occurring where you are?

We're having a major oil boom in certain parts of the US and in one region, there was a horrible H2S leak which poisoned a large area and some evacuated their homes. The specific incident was in south Texas.

Is there fracking or drilling going on in your area?

They have been talking about extending fracking to some different parts of the UK but as far as I know they havent' been doing it round here.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX
Might be a stupid question but can anyone else smell it there? Is it only outside, or can you smell it inside?

I ask because there are a few medical reasons why a person might be smelling sulphur. Just putting the possibility out there in case it's limited to your nose only.

CX.

We are very rural - I haven't seen anybody to ask! Hope you are wrong with that one,..

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by dainoyfb
I'm sorry but what is the logical (read critical thinking) connection that suggests that the most probable source of the smell is chemtrails?

Because of the aircraft noise overhead going on a long time, and because the previous time that happened I could see that chemtrailing was happening with the same criss-cross patterns that you see in other people's photos of it. Could be wrong, but there was logic in it.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Folks, I really appreciate all these replies.

Something else I noticed yesterday, after all the rain. There were still some puddles in the garden and floating on top of them there was a petrol-like film. I don't have any petrol in the garden and haven't seen this here before, but last week I noticed in front of one of my neighbour's farm gates a lot of the same sort of film. At that time I assumed his tractor had leaked a bit - but there's no way his tractor would have got into my garden. Could this have come down from the aircraft emissions?

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
You live in Scotland?
Are there bogs upwind of your home?
If so, it could be from a low lying pocket of H2S that gathered during a low or no wind situation. Once wind picks up the smell will be pretty strong downwind.
Happens in swampy areas sometimes.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Anthony2

Fascinating attempt at a chemtrail tie-in. I'm going to go with drywall from communist China, though.

Do It Yourself: Detecting Hydrogen Sulfide in the Home

Hydrogen sulfide is a hazardous gas with a distinct rotten-egg smell. It is found in fossil fuels, swamps, sewers and, more recently, in homes with drywall that has been degraded by moisture and humidity.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anthony2
Folks, I really appreciate all these replies.

Something else I noticed yesterday, after all the rain. There were still some puddles in the garden and floating on top of them there was a petrol-like film. I don't have any petrol in the garden and haven't seen this here before, but last week I noticed in front of one of my neighbour's farm gates a lot of the same sort of film. At that time I assumed his tractor had leaked a bit - but there's no way his tractor would have got into my garden. Could this have come down from the aircraft emissions?

The "petrol-like film" could be anything - it is formed by refraction, and while hydocarbons (oil, petrol, diesel, etc)are a common source of it on and near roads and driveways they are not the only substances that could be causing it - soap is another common substance that causes thin-film interference, and hte rainbow patterns on CD's are another example (albeit not on water)

In the context of your garden it could be any chemicals that have been used, or something else soluble in the soil.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
OP, are you detecting the rotten egg smell outside? Over a widespread area? Do you live near any faults? If you live in a relatively isolated area with little industry and urbanization, it could be tectonic activity.

Hydrogen Sulphide is a gas released by tectonic activity as any miner knows.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by PlanetXisHERE
OP, are you detecting the rotten egg smell outside? Over a widespread area? Do you live near any faults? If you live in a relatively isolated area with little industry and urbanization, it could be tectonic activity.

Hydrogen Sulphide is a gas released by tectonic activity as any miner knows.

[/quote

It was just that one time, outside in my garden. There's no trace of the rotten egg smell now, Interesting question about faults - none are recorded here, but there was a very mild earthquake just over 2 miles away a couple of years ago, which left a crack in the wall of a building and was felt by people immediately living there.

Twice since then, my dog has gone out into the garden all bouncy as usual and come back feeling drowsy and not very good. Both times she has recovered OK but I wonder whether she is drinking any of that filmy water - I keep getting rid of it but with all the rain and snow, bits keep coming back again.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   
The smell of hydrogen sulfide can be from sewage plants. Maybe there was a leak somewhere in the cloud village at your home.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   
The fact that the UFO is, I believe 100%. But now we have a lot of science fiction movies that make basic physical phenomena are explained in terms of the UFO

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join