Nanotechnology and Shape Power

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I am interested in shape power and a google search I did brought up a Joseph P. Farrell blog post dated July 20, 2011 entitled "NANOTECHNOLOGY AND SHAPE POWER, AND COVERT POSSIBILITIES OF SOCIAL ENGINEERING."

He was commenting on a PHYS ORG article dated July 14, 2011 entitled "How to grow nanowires and tiny plates."

Farrell zeroed in on this paragraph:

Unlike larger structures, with nanomaterials — those with dimensions measured in nanometers, or billionths of a meter — differences in shape can lead to dramatic differences in behavior. “For nanostructures, there’s a coupling between the geometry and the electrical and optical properties,” explains Brian Chow, a postdoc at MIT and co-author of a paper describing the results that was published July 10 in the journal Nature Materials. “Being able to tune the geometry is very powerful,” he says. . . .

So, shape manifests itself as a force in nature.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Freaking awesome. I'm sorry, I wish that I could use a more scientific term to describe my thoughts and feelings on this. I tried... I really did. But...
Freaking awesome!!
*Sigh*
There I go again... I better go before it gets worse... ^_^

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by 3n19m470

I share your delight.

Shapes can be so beautiful. And to think about technologies capitalizing on shape being used to uplift humankind is exciting.

The uses of nanotechnology can be scary, though.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mary Rose

Is "force" the right word?

If not, what is the right word?

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   

“For nanostructures, there’s a coupling between the geometry and the electrical and optical properties,”
“Being able to tune the geometry is very powerful,” he says. . . .

No.
You misunderstand.
Farrel is taking the quote out of context and giving a meaning that the authors didnt intent.

What the authors are saying the complete opposite - that nature's forces manifest themselves differently according to the object's shape.

eg.. flat plates sandwiched together may have a larger number of bonds holding them together than a lot of rods would have.
Because the behaviour of the material would then be different, being able to control the shapes (plates or rods) would be a powerful manufacturing tool. Powerful, because as they describe later, there has been a lot of trial and error so far.
edit on 10-1-2013 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Are you familiar with the work that the Russians are doing with pyramids?

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1
Farrel is taking the quote out of context and giving a meaning that the authors didnt intent.

Farrell goes on to say:

The geometry or shape of a thing controls or changes its behavior, a principle one encounters in everything from Dr. Patrick Flanagan’s pyramid power research(and the Soviets and Russians seem to have discovered this too, as I detail in The Giza Death Star Deployed), to the strange phenomenon of the Hieronymous Machine that I blogged about a few days ago. But now we’re dealing with something new, something additional, and that is, at smaller scales such “shape power” changes effect things dramatically.

Then notice something else, something that, from my perspective at least, indicates yet another profound area opening into an Orwellian future, and that is the “cyborg” properties and implications for the creation of a kind of “machine-human” androgyny or chimera, a fusion of diametrically different properties: “The team also hopes to be able to use the method to make “spatially complex devices from the bottom up, out of biocompatible polymers. These could be used, for example, to make tiny devices that could be implanted in the brain to provide both sensing and stimulation.”(emphasis added). . . .

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   

The geometry or shape of a thing controls or changes its behavior, a principle one encounters in everything from Dr. Patrick Flanagan’s pyramid power research(and the Soviets and Russians seem to have discovered this too, as I detail in The Giza Death Star Deployed), to the strange phenomenon of the Hieronymous Machine that I blogged about a few days ago. . . .

From the referenced post about the Hieronymous Machine, "HIERONYMOUS CIRCUITS AND MACHINES":

In my book The Giza Death Star Destroyed(pp. 124-127) I mentioned the strange behavior of the Hieronymous Machine, and the investigations of it undertaken by John W. Campbell, Jr., who allegedly discovered that the machine functioned even when it wasn’t plugged in. Campbell decided that the machine was producing some other sort of energy than electrical, and evolved a theory:

“‘The relationship between the various parts (of the machine) somehow functioned as a thing-in-itself. In other words, it was the relationship between the parts that made the machine work, not the parts themselves.’” (p. 126) . . .

Farrell goes on to link to this PHYS ORG article: "Researchers create rollerball-pen ink to draw circuits"

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Are you familiar with the work that the Russians are doing with pyramids?

Is there a thread on it?

Because this thread is on "Nanotechnology and shape power", specifically in regard to the notes in the Phys Org article cited earlier.

edit on 10-1-2013 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Did you see the Farrell quote regarding the Russians right here on this thread?
edit on 01/10/13 by Mary Rose because: Spelling

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1
. . . powerful manufacturing tool. Powerful, because as they describe later, there has been a lot of trial and error so far.

And powerful in its effect. A power tool. Like using an electric screwdriver.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   

reply to post by alfa1

Did you see the Farrell quote regarding the Russians right here on this thread?
edit on 01/10/13 by Mary Rose because: Spelling

Maybe you missed his point. His point is that has nothing to do with this thread. Farell took the quote and completely took it out of context. Shape does not exert force. Shape changes the way forces effect the object. Since Farell is completely wrong about article, posting more nonsense based on a faulty understanding is not the best thing.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

Shape couples to affect force.

The work the Russians are doing with shape is relevant to the thread.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Shape couples to affect force.

The work the Russians are doing with shape is relevant to the thread.

You states shape manifests itself AS a force. That is 100% false.

Shape does effect how a force acts upon an object, that should be obvious to anyone with 2 working brain cells.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Did you read my second post?

There is no need to hurl insults.

Shape behaves like a force in nature, similar to the relationship between electricity and magnetism where you don't have one without the other.

Shape couples with other things to produce effects. The Russians are building pyramids for the precise purpose of seeing what happens inside them, and things are definitely happening inside them.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Did you read my second post?

There is no need to hurl insults.

Shape behaves like a force in nature, similar to the relationship between electricity and magnetism where you don't have one without the other.

Shape couples with other things to produce effects. The Russians are building pyramids for the precise purpose of seeing what happens inside them, and things are definitely happening inside them.

What does that have to do with nanomaterials? Such as gold is actually red at the nanoscale due to properties working differently at the nanoscale than the normal one. You took an article that has absolutely nothing to do with what you want to discuss and are trying to twist it to suit your purposes.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

Make a new post and give CREDIBLE source links for this pyramid research. If you link to me something about energy flying out of the pyramid and repairing the ozone layer with magic I will ignore it.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04
What does that have to do with nanomaterials?

From my OP:

Farrell zeroed in on this paragraph:

. . . “For nanostructures, there’s a coupling between the geometry and the electrical and optical properties,” explains Brian Chow, a postdoc at MIT and co-author of a paper describing the results that was published July 10 in the journal Nature Materials. “Being able to tune the geometry is very powerful,” he says. . . .

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04
Make a new post and give CREDIBLE source links for this pyramid research.

International Partneship for Pyramid Research

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

From your source.

Russian Military radar (locator) spotted an energy column rising several miles high in the sky above the 22m Lake Seliger pyramid. Several months after this pyramid was built, the Ozone layer improved in the atmosphere in Russia.

Source that claim. Give me an official Russian Military source. Thanks. I knew exactly what you would source and it's so full of crap it's not even funny.

Here is another funny claim.

Ordinary water does not freeze even at 40 degrees below zero and retains its properties for years.

So put water in a pyramid, and then YEARS after it's removed the water can't be frozen. You believe that crap?
edit on 12-1-2013 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Fine. I get your drift. I'm not interested in spoon feeding you any further.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join