It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Highly elliptical planetary orbit discovered

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

Many have debated on ATS the existence of highly elliptical planetary orbits, some saying they could not exist, and using this to debunk the existence of certain possible objects in our own solar system.

No one has ever said that highly elliptical orbits do not exist. Comets and asteroids usually have "highly elliptical" orbits. The argument against your precious Planet X is that if it were more massive than an asteroid or comet it would betray its presence by its gravitational effects. How was the 21st of December for you? Anything interesting happen?

Correct.

If a planet-sized body came through the inner solar system even a few thousand years ago (which is just a blink of an eye on the scale of the age of the solar system), then the results of that planet's incursion would still be seen in the orbits of the planets today.

However, the orbits of the planets today do not show that this happened.

Could there have been other large bodies passing through the inner solar system a few billion years ago? Sure, but since then, the planets have settled into the orbits we see today. If something just recently passed through (and 3600 years ago would be "just recently"), then we would know from the other planets' orbits.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I caught this on security on 1/11/2013, It shows something in low earth orbit, Here is ithe link: www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by candlelight

No matter how many threads you post this in, it's still the Sun.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by candlelight

It's the sun.

Specifically, it's a black dot created by overload in the CCD chip of the camera from the intensity of the center of the sun. Many digital cameras, especially early models and cheap web cams will produce this effect.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

edit on 17-1-2013 by candlelight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
*** ATTENTION ***

Posting Bans are next !!!!

You ALL have been warned.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Including the purplish blue smoke coming off of it????????

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

understood

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by candlelight

Including the purplish blue smoke coming off of it????????

Well let us look at your picture (which is off topic from this thread, sorry mods, but this poster did bring it up):

I've done a screen capture, cropped it, and then turned it CCW so we can view it properly.

I'm seeing a overloaded digital camera of the sun (the black dot).

I'm also seeing lens flares (that's the only purple thing I see).

I also see camera artifact of light reflecting in the lens, which is what is causing the pretty arching across the top of the picture.

I'm afraid that I do not see anything unusual or unexplained in this video at all.

Sorry.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

Originally posted by PlanetXisHERE
Many have debated on ATS the existence of highly elliptical planetary orbits, some saying they could not exist, and using this to debunk the existence of certain possible objects in our own solar system.

Well, it appears they do exist.

People don't say highly elliptical orbits don't exist, but if there was a planet in our solar system that behaved such as the one mentioned in your OP, then the orbits of of the other planets in our solar system would be a telltale to its existence -- but that is not the case.

It's been hypothesis for decades that some celestial body (Tyche) is lingering in the Oort cloud and tugging and perturbing the two outer giant planets causing irregularities in their orbits!

What do you (we) know about orbits anyway? Do you know how foolish we're going to look in a mere 200 years?

It's been speculated that we don't even orbit but rather spiral along with the Sun.

So again, we know nothing. All science does is postulate then erroneously sticks a period after it as if it were factual. If and when we figure out everything there is to know about our own planet, THEN maybe I'll listen to what they say about astrophysics (where we totally lack evolutionary know-how). Until then, all we have are; PhD humans in lab coats, guessing. Which in turn, sells their thesis to academia so another dogmatic group of scientists can pick up where they left off.

Thank gawd for quantum physics! That's all I have to say. Because they're about to blow Einsteins' e=mc2 right out of the water! So it's time to stop thinking we know anything let alone everything!

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

sigh.....that video I wish that it had never been made, especially since they did not represent everything correctly.

First, we do NOT move at a 90 degree angle within reference of the galactic equator as is portrayed in this video.

Our sun and solar system is tilted around 62 degrees or so.

The other factors not taken into account is the velocity at which the sun is moving around the galactic center (220 miles/second) as compared to the various velocities that the planets orbit about the sun (which is much, much, much slower).

So yes we do a "spiral". A very badly bent, lopsided one I guess you could say.

But none of that changes Orbital Mechanics at all.

It is just like you riding in a car going 60 Mph down the highway, while at the same time you are twirling a chain around your finger.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by PlanetXisHERE

This is funny, not only have I already showed you that planet X is in fact Pluto (well documented), BUT GUESS WHAT!?!?!?!

Plutos orbit is highly elliptical!!!

Yes, in fact, it actually crosses the path of Neptune meaning at certain points of Plutos orbit it is actually closer than Neptune! Go figure!

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   

In all due respect (although your avatar intimidates the hell out of me) the video is incorrect yet you're right. Just what is your vantage point for knowing this?

Until then....we have mortal Human beings just giving their opinions because so far.... no one is standing on the outer edges of our Universe to correctly assimilate anything.

Like everything else, everything we think we know will be proven false in a few hundred years. Lest we learn from our humble (limited) written past and stop this know-it-all attitude once and for all? I know I've learned and thus stopped. My advise to you too my friend.

Peace.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join