It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The constitution is void. Freedom is a joke.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

Liberty.

A law is a restriction of freedom.

Therefore, every law violates the constitution.

I say we don't need government. I say we need freedom like every other content animal on this planet. Let people deal with their own problems in their own way. I know I'm capable. I know I can protect my children without help. And if you can't, that's your problem and you SHOULD be removed from the gene pool. It's survival of the fittest and that is the spirit of the world. And so is freedom. Are we just going to sit back and let the few in control of our lives take away our humanity and dignity? For what? Processed food and television? Okay. You do that. Let these people cut you off from the natural world and see how happy you are.

Don't be fooled. The only crime of the government is that it exists.

Power to the people.
edit on 10-1-2013 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

I agree somewhat, but I believe that the United States governance should be based on self-governing communes where community members work together to enact and enforce proper laws which prohibit that which needs to be prohibited (murder, rape, abuse, theft, burglary, etc.) and with their own neighbourhood defense organization (ie neighbourhood watch on steroids). This is the only way to maintain any sense of liberty: to keep centers of power seperate from one another and decentralized. Some may call that a glorified hippy commune, but what's so bad about that?
edit on 10/1/2013 by xXxinfidelxXx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   
It would be nice, however this will never be the case. Wherever there is people, there will be people who want power. When this power is obtained, those people only seek to gain more of it, use it, and abuse it, and what better way to do that then to pass laws which chip away at other individuals freedoms, to remind them, and enforce the fact that they dont hold said power.

Alternately, wherever there are people in power, there will be people who will blindly follow the leader, especially when assured that they need these laws, they dont need power, they are incapable of handling it, etc. Its a vicious cycle that hasnt been broken in thousands of years. Unfortunately, i think the merry-go-round of power is here to stay

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by xXxinfidelxXx

I agree somewhat with this, as long as nothing is set in stone. As long as the laws of the commune are unspoken codes that are known as a cause for some action. It would be best if people carried out their own vengeance. The game would be more dangerous and would keep you on your toes, but there would also be more rrespect for individuals due to the redistribution of their power. You simply would not generally do anything to upset the balance and general peace becausethe tthreat of retaliation would be instant and unpredictable, vs. waiting 15 minutesfor the cops to show show up.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

Liberty.

A law is a restriction of freedom.

Therefore, every law violates the constitution.

I say we don't need government. I say we need freedom like every other content animal on this planet. Let people deal with their own problems in their own way. I know I'm capable. I know I can protect my children without help. And if you can't, that's your problem and you SHOULD be removed from the gene pool. It's survival of the fittest and that is the spirit of the world. And so is freedom. Are we just going to sit back and let the few in control of our lives take away our humanity and dignity? For what? Processed food and television? Okay. You do that. Let these people cut you off from the natural world and see how happy you are.

Don't be fooled. The only crime of the government is that it exists.

Power to the people.

You aren't the only one who thinks that way although its more a matter of all of us being grossly uninformed and misinformed than anybody needing to be removed from the gene pool.

The founding fathers had it pretty much right the first time around with the Articles of Confederation BETWEEN the states. It was only later, when a few of them got together in secret to rewrite the laws so they'd have a STRONG central government with taxing authority and implied powers. That's when it went all wrong.

Nobody knows much about the guys who wrote our laws behind closed doors, all you hear are happy sound bytes about a few of them (that's why they're famous and the rest aren't). Dontcha wonder why?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join