It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would this make the internet implode?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:05 AM
link   
I have a business email that is forwarded to my personal email, and I was wondering, if the personal email was again forwarded back to the business email (which the fwd would be a new email that would get forwarded) would this cause an endless loop of ∞ emails? ... Thus causing the internet to implode on itself?

edit on 10-1-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   
not sure about the internet
but my brain just imploded

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Just try it and well all find out

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
I have a business email that is forwarded to my personal email, and I was wondering, if the personal email was again forwarded back to the business email (which the fwd would be a new email that would get forwarded) would this cause an endless loop of ∞ emails? ... Thus causing the internet to implode on itself?

edit on 10-1-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

I doubt that.***
edit on 10-1-2013 by PLAYERONE01 because: WHOAH

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Only if you google it.

If you google google that also causes severe UTP cable heating which in effect slows down the internet as they clog with melting packets. You need really long pipe cleaners to fix it.

Don't google it.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   
No because the server would recognize that the FWD was a FWD of itself and not send it again.

100% sure

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by roughycannon
No because the server would recognize that the FWD was a FWD of itself and not send it again.

100% sure

You not funny G.I

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

If anything, it would shut the website down temporarily, if anything, as it would exceed the bandwidth limits of the site after a while. However, DoS (Denial of Service) attacks, which pretty much entail just that are punishable by law and I wouldn't be surprised if the site itself had preventative measures in place for preventing such a thing. Bottom line: don't do it.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Wow...that hurts my brain too...

I take any spam I get and forward it back to the sender...most times that kills it.

Also...when I get stuff....I copy it...(ie: "You have been selected...etc, etc...")...into a new mail and tell the sender...(ie: "You have been selected...won...etc..").

Amazingly, it all ends there....

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I think it would be alright.
However, when the Elders of the Internet loaned out the Internet for a business presentation, it was noted that Googling Google is not recommended and WILL break the Internet.
Let that serve as a warning.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni

Originally posted by roughycannon

100% sure

You not funny G.I

Obviously he did not google it.

Thankfully!

new topics

top topics

join