It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind

page: 1

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:45 AM
link   
One of them already blew my mind and I already created another thread which was inspired from one of the questions.

My advice is, don't try and answer them quickly. Stay with the question... let it linger...

1. How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are?

8. If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently?

9. To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken?

12. If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be?

18. Are you holding onto something you need to let go of?

39. Do you feel like you’ve lived this day a hundred times before?

45. If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to make a mistake?

47. When was the last time you noticed the sound of your own breathing?

For all 50 questions

Hope this has inspired you too.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Shuye

Ive got some leave starting tomorrow and I am going to add "sit and contemplate these fifty questions" to my leave activity list. Much appreciation for posting this one S&F.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
1 Question that will free your mind
Is your mind free ? Seriously ....................... think about that

edit on 10-1-2013 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

edit on 10/1/13 by Kram09 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Star flag bump subscribe

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I love reading these types of things. Great post!

They really get my contemplative juices flowing and give me a real swift kick in the pants.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
A rather excellent set of questions. I am going to ask myself one of these everyday, and have a think about how I'd answer them.

If I get tempted, I might even put them up here on ATS.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I love these questions, these are no scientific questions but are interesting and I loved the question "Do you push the elevator button more than once? Do you really believe it makes the elevator faster?" This is one great question as we do know that that the elevator would not go faster, however; we ignore the fact. This is a typical human behavior we don't want to listen to facts and ignore the truth. I hope i answered your quetsion

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by BristolStew
I love these questions, these are no scientific questions but are interesting and I loved the question "Do you push the elevator button more than once? Do you really believe it makes the elevator faster?" This is one great question as we do know that that the elevator would not go faster, however; we ignore the fact. This is a typical human behavior we don't want to listen to facts and ignore the truth. I hope i answered your quetsion

Haha I only press those once and then wait.. Odd I know..

I think lag in computer games trained me not to keep clicking.. Something like that..

I would refrain from using the general "we" by using words like people instead that aren't all inclusive.. I don't like being spoken for, and I know it doesn't have to include me, it just has a connotation of being almost everyone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Good find OP.. I might do one question a day until I run out.. Some of them I have already thought about a lot, because I like to think about everything,.. Like "How old would you be if you didn't know your age?" The simple word answer is how old you feel... But the journey around and past those simple words really makes you perceive time/age/health/accomplishments/knowledge/wisdom/character the journey, and even the Point of life differently.

edit on 1/10/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Insightful and inspiring questions, and a welcome message. Although, noticing the sound of my own breathing gives me horrible anxiety, personally.

Peace.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
8. If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently?

Most likely have a lot my sex in a shorter period of time... with only 40 years got to really make it count...

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
For question 12, (that's as far as I got) I would have to say: Be skeptical, but open minded.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Shuye

Thank you. S&F.

If a new born could understand the advice.

My response to q12 may upset some but I am speaking from the heart, not my gut or head.

12. If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be?

Never forget your first Love, Our Lord Jesus, with out him you would not have been gifted life.
Amen

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   
what an awesome set of questions to ask.

Ever since I could talk I have not stopped asking questions, curiosity is the spice of life in my opinion.

Thanks for the awesome questions. S&F

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Shuye

1. How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are?

In reality, the same. In my mind, early twenties.

2. Which is worse, failing or never trying?

Neither, both are just events. Regret is suffering.

3. If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do?

We believe doing what we don't like will lead to future rewards.

4. When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Word, thoughts, and emotions are less effective in change than action, so action.

5. What is the one thing you’d most like to change about the world?

Myself, to be happy with it under any conditions.

6. If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich?

Being paid for sincerity - for being myself - doing what I want.

7. Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are doing?

Do only thing I want is joy; sometimes it may mean to settle, sometimes it may mean action.

It would be seen as normal, so nothing would change.

9. To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken?

I choose what is available in my life that brings most happiness - other than that, nothing.

10. Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things?

To worry about past actions already done is regret/suffering. It is what it is. I forgive and improve.

11. You’re having lunch with three people you respect and admire.  They all start criticizing a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend.  The criticism is distasteful and unjustified.  What do you do?

Each is entitled to their own perspective but I would and not say negative things of my friend.

Trying to control will lead to suffering; choose what makes you what happy that is available.

13. Would you break the law to save a loved one?

Saving a loved one is natural. Such a law would be against human nature - so maybe.

14. Have you ever seen insanity where you later saw creativity?

I define insanity as extreme destructive thinking so insanity is never confused with creativity.

15. What’s something you know you do differently than most people?

I think differently than most. I love "what if" situations to gain a perspective on the reality.

16. How come the things that make you happy don’t make everyone happy?

Different circumstances lead to the birth of different desires.

17. What one thing have you not done that you really want to do?  What’s holding you back?

See the positive in every situation. What stops me? My habitual thought patterns.

18. Are you holding onto something you need to let go of?

Nothing can be "let go of". There is only "controlling" or "pushing away".

19. If you had to move to a state or country besides the one you currently live in, where would you move and why?

That is a difficult question. I may choose a few places for different reasons. Japan out of curiosity.

20. Do you push the elevator button more than once?  Do you really believe it makes the elevator faster?

If it doesn't respond, yes. I believe there may be a malfunction or maybe I didn't press hard enough.

21. Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton?

A joyful simpleton. Life is an experience, it is counter-intuitive to choose suffering over joy.

22. Why are you, you?

Because no one else can be. This personality fits perfectly in the collective of human personalities.

23. Have you been the kind of friend you want as a friend?

Yes, and sometimes even better.

24. Which is worse, when a good friend moves away, or losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you?

I wouldn't say "worse". Life happens; people connect and separate - but I would say the nearby friend.

25. What are you most grateful for?

The fact that I can find reasons to be grateful under any situation.

26. Would you rather lose all of your old memories, or never be able to make new ones?

Lose all my old memories - it reminds me of reincarnation. But I would probably leave a note for myself saying "laughter and appreciation is the key to happiness". Then I would try to appreciate in my worse moments for more happiness.

27. Is is possible to know the truth without challenging it first?

Yes, some things are self evident, such as I am typing this. That is truth happening now.

28. Has your greatest fear ever come true?

I do not spend time planning fears, unless I am actually in a situation that can possibly lead to it. Such has never come true as I am always prepared.

29. Do you remember that time 5 years ago when you were extremely upset?  Does it really matter now?

Nope. I'm not sure if anything "does" matter.

30. What is your happiest childhood memory?  What makes it so special?

Being free to do what I wish without being controlled. It reminds me of naturalness, freedom.

31. At what time in your recent past have you felt most passionate and alive?

If feel this way whenever I discover a new philosophy or new hobby.

32. If not now, then when?

Never, or always, depending on the perspective.

33. If you haven’t achieved it yet, what do you have to lose?

Sanity, time, and effort. What is natural occurs easily and naturally - like "going with the flow".

34. Have you ever been with someone, said nothing, and walked away feeling like you just had the best conversation ever?

Yes, there is no need to talk all the time, nor is there "awkwardness" - can't say the same for the other side though.

35. Why do religions that support love cause so many wars?

Those who wish to be moral , must first lack it. Those who wish to be loving, must already be hateful.

36. Is it possible to know, without a doubt, what is good and what is evil?

Nope, as "good" and "evil" is just a perspective.

37. If you just won a million dollars, would you quit your job?

I would not. Nothing is dependable.

38. Would you rather have less work to do, or more work you actually enjoy doing?

Less work to do.

39. Do you feel like you’ve lived this day a hundred times before?

Nope.

40. When was the last time you marched into the dark with only the soft glow of an idea you strongly believed in?

Never, beliefs are not usual stable. Reality and knowledge is.

41. If you knew that everyone you know was going to die tomorrow, who would you visit today?

The closest family members.

42. Would you be willing to reduce your life expectancy by 10 years to become extremely attractive or famous?

No. Fame is nothing if the fans love one aspect of you. Attractiveness is nothing if the heart isn't.

43. What is the difference between being alive and truly living?

The enjoyment found within it.

44. When is it time to stop calculating risk and rewards, and just go ahead and do what you know is right?

Never. Ignorance is only bliss until it leads to danger.

45. If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to make a mistake?

Because of the fear of what others may think of us, which is not really important anyway.

46. What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you?

Be myself living in the peace of acceptance/non-judgment/open-mindedness.

47. When was the last time you noticed the sound of your own breathing?

The last time I silenced the mind and relaxed.

48. What do you love? Have any of your recent actions openly expressed this love?

I love myself (this personality/mind/physical body). Yes, I am never too hard on myself.

49. In 5 years from now, will you remember what you did yesterday?  What about the day before that?  Or the day before that?

Nope, nor would I care to remember.

50. Decisions are being made right now.  The question is:  Are you making them for yourself, or are you letting others make them for you?

Me, no one can make decisions for another. It is always an agreement, and if it isn't it is a choose between "this" and a "punishment", so even that is a choice, although an unfair one.
edit on 11-1-2013 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Many great questions. Many questions could be their own topic here on ATS. Also on the left of the site even more great stuff.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by cody599
1 Question that will free your mind
Is your mind free ? Seriously ....................... think about that

edit on 10-1-2013 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

NOPE.....Owned and controlled by the government.....

We all will have a stamp on our skull soon enough......"Property of the US government"

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Most likely have a lot my sex in a shorter period of time... with only 40 years got to really make it count...

How exactly?

The question that got me was the one how old you would be if you didn't know how old you were? I feel 50, but I am 30.....

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Awesome questions. I think the kind of person you are reflects the impact of these questions. I for one are emotionally attached to the questions as that is the sort of person I am. I think philosophical about them. You know what would be interesting.... if we asked Obama, Cameron etc these questions. Would be nice to know if our "leaders" are morally tested by themselves.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Shuye

Hey that was fun.

I listen to my own breath yes.
These questions cross my mind often, esp. what i'd like to advise newborns, or teens like me son

top topics

join