Dyson's Dock: Groom Lake classified musuem; also the Groom Lake aircraft burial ground

page: 1

join

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I can't vouch for the accuracy of what is on this webpage. I noticed the author managed to find two photos of F-117As in storage in the barns at Tonopah. However, I wouldn't call them public domain. I have no idea how the ideas made it off the page.

Now we do know that planes have been buried at Groom, but perhaps not as told here. Regarding a classified museum, well having T/S classification doesn't mean you get to see everything. There is still that nagging issue of "need to know."

www.urbanghostsmedia.com...

In addition to burial sites, there’s another top secret facility at Groom Lake for mothballed projects. Known as Dyson’s Dock, it is said to be housed in the lower bay of Hangar 18 and may be a sort of classified museum, where base workers can view retired aircraft that have not been publicly unveiled. But even these individuals aren’t, it has been claimed, cleared to view every craft in the dock.

Strong evidence also suggests that a number of as yet unacknowledged aircraft lie buried near the dry lake at Area 51. One former Groom Lake employee, speaking in 2001 on condition of anonymity, said he witnessed an earth-mover spend a day excavating a burial site in 1982. He said the wreck of a top secret aircraft had been stored for months in the ‘Scoot-N-Hide’ shed, a hangar near the taxiway designed to swiftly hide planes from orbiting satellites. According to the witness: “They put it on a flatbed truck and put it in a hangar. Then one day they scraped it off the flatbed into the hole and buried it,” he said. “They attached a cable to the aircraft and just pulled it off. The thing was shattered like an egg.”

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Actually, this article seems to be reasonably accurate though it is just a rehash of previously published material. I have heard testimony from multiple sources (including former high ranking base command staff) about the "secret museum" in which examples of classified aircraft were preserved for VIP show-and-tell. A lot of crash debris and cancelled/completed projects were also buried at the site back in the days before it was subject to more strenuous environmental regulations.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowhawk

Is it true that this museum of sorts in a lower bay/area of beneath 'Hangar 18'..?

Or is that just speculation? Any other details regarding this, Shadowhawk?

I always enjoy reading both yours and Gariac's posts.. Ps, have you two ever met outside of ATS? Lol, I figure you'd both have loads of info and stuff to hash out amongst yourselves!

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by weavty1

I can neither confirm nor deny meeting Shadowhawk. Nor can I confirm or deny handing him a New Balance 11 1/2 6E shoebox full of declassified CIA documents. ;-)

I see Lt. Col. Norman K. "Ken" Dyson isn't a Roadrunner member. He obviously qualified, and I didn't find anything about him hitting the earth in a pile of smoldering composite. Perhaps bad blood with someone in the group. As far as I can tell, Ken Dyson is still ticking. He is listed as "1938-" making him around 75.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by gariac
I can't vouch for the accuracy of what is on this webpage.
Now we do know that planes have been buried at Groom, but perhaps not as told here. Regarding a classified museum, well having T/S classification doesn't mean you get to see everything. There is still that nagging issue of "need to know."

Strong evidence also suggests that a number of as yet unacknowledged aircraft lie buried near the dry lake at Area 51. One former Groom Lake employee, speaking in 2001 on condition of anonymity, said he witnessed an earth-mover spend a day excavating a burial site in 1982. He said the wreck of a top secret aircraft had been stored for months in the ‘Scoot-N-Hide’ shed, a hangar near the taxiway designed to swiftly hide planes from orbiting satellites. According to the witness: “They put it on a flatbed truck and put it in a hangar. Then one day they scraped it off the flatbed into the hole and buried it,” he said. “They attached a cable to the aircraft and just pulled it off. The thing was shattered like an egg.”

Thanks for the thread S + F. On the surface, I can't bring myself to believe that due to the highly secretive experiments that take place at Area 51, that it is totally plausible, to hide/bury all the stuff that didn't work, and to try and take it elsewhere for disposal could raise other concerns.
When you are testing advanced aviation vehicles like this:

And they crash and the project is canceled, they bury it on site. If it crashes off site, they send a clean up team to sanitize the area and bring as much back as they can find and bury/burn it.
Additionally, it is no secret, that a lot of the fuel and propulsion accelerants that are discarded, were/are routinely burned and buriedl In fact a federal law suit was filed to protect the workers exposed to the highly medically inflicted ailments which were incurred by the workes.

Former workers and widows of workers claim injuries resulting from illegal hazardous waste practices at Area 51 in the 1970s and 80s. Highly toxic resins were allegedly dumped into open pits and burned, and workers at the base were exposed to the fumes. The most prominant plaintiff is Helen Frost, window of Robert Frost, who died in 1988. An autopsy of Frost's body revealed high levels of dioxins and other carcinogens which the widow contends were caused by exposure to fumes at the base. In 1996, the lawsuit was dismissed by a Federal judge on the grounds of military's national security priviledge. That decision has since been appealed to the Circuit Court of Appeals in San Francisco, and the appeal is pending.
]
Area 51 hazardous law suite

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
weavty1: My understanding is that the "Low Bay" is on the west side of Hangar 18, under or adjacent to the office spaces.

gariac: Ken Dyson is still around. I saw him in November when we shared the honor of inducting the late Dave Ferguson into the Nevada Aerospace Hall of Fame.

ItDepends: Although the people who filed the lawsuit were pretty much screwed, the Air Force has done a lot to clean up the Groom Lake test site, and allow oversight by EPA inspectors.

top topics

join

ATS Live Reality Remix IS ON-AIR! (there are 88 minutes remaining).
ATS Live Radio Presents - Reality Remix Live SE6 EP8 - Season Finale!

atslive.com

hi-def

low-def