It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

deport piers morgan ?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   
ok in regards to piers Morgans rights i could care less, let him say what he wants too. The British didn't need to deport him he left on he own accord the real question should be how do we do that here? Common lets brainstorm a way to get him to take a hike without rights and fighting over stupid crap i think most people are on the same page here anyway don't get side tracked

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Superhans
The thread is about the assertion that Piers Morgan should be deported over his views of gun control. If people want to debate how the bill of rights applies to foreign people in the US, start another thread.

Uh, he can't be deported because of his rights. If people understood that this thread would not exist, as they wouldn't make ignorant and downright silly assertions like deporting someone over their right to free speech. Everything posted so far is on topic. So no, this thread will do.
edit on 10-1-2013 by forgetmenot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by forgetmenot
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Good point, but do we need the petition? Who are the stupid ones then, us or Morgan?

Well, obviously we can still say what we think about Piers on other venues, such as ATS, so do we need a petition, maybe not, but we have it. The point is it's an avenue to redress grievances, and Americans are just telling our govt what we think.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Superhans
The thread is about the assertion that Piers Morgan should be deported over his views of gun control. If people want to debate how the bill of rights applies to foreign people in the US, start another thread.

I was under the impression others were claiming that was why he should be deported? Under what other auspice could Pierce Morgan be deported? He has the freedom to espouse whatever views he wants on his tv show, citizens or not. Just like others have the freedom to create a petition to deport him. First-amendment rights are -exactly- what this thread is about.... Or is there some other reason they feel he should be deported? I thought it was because of something he -said-....

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Why tell the Government? They have nothing to do with it. Tell Morgan. What would send him the message more, that a bunch of ignorant Americans tried to push a ridiculous petition, or 100,000 individual letters, e-mails, etc.

The government doesn't care what people think about Morgan.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by forgetmenot

Why tell the Government? They have nothing to do with it. Tell Morgan. What would send him the message more, that a bunch of ignorant Americans tried to push a ridiculous petition, or 100,000 individual letters, e-mails, etc.

The government doesn't care what people think about Morgan.

Not only that, but they can't exactly do anything about it either. You can't deport a man because of something he says. As we both know
Forgetmenot is right, if you -really- want to have an impact, write Pierce Morgan a letter and tell him how you really feel about him and his views. That's your right to do so.

I do think it's pretty...hilarious to see these signing Americans essentially saying. "Government, I'm going to express my first-amendment right of Freedom of Speech and Petition to ask you to deport a man because he chose to express his first-amendment rights."

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Let me get this straight.

Piers Morgan has the first amendment right to free speech just because he resides on US soil even though he is not a citizen?

But

Anwar al-Awlaki (or anyone else) even though being a US citizen is not afforded the same rights when on foreign soil? And is murdered for his "speech" by the US government along with his son?

This world is messed up for sure.........

edit on 10-1-2013 by HandyDandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Superhans

if the first amendment of the united states doesn't apply to anybody who isn't a citizen, then all laws of the united states don't apply to non-citizens.

so a non citizen can go to steal 10 hdtv's and it wouldn't be a crime. but we know that's not the case.

the constitution applies to all who are on u.s. soil, it is the law of the land and all people who make it to america's shores are immediately granted those same protections.

citizenship is another matter.

edit on 10-1-2013 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by randomname

Rights do not equal laws.......

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
I find it un-American that that petition was even started. I don’t like him but that petition is idiotic to say the least. As long as he obeys the laws he has a right to be here.

Agreed, our country is turning into a bunch of pansy arse crybabies. People need to get over themselves and realize that they just aren't that important. These guys want to fight for the second amendment by fighting against the first? Im confused
Either fight for them all or STFU. I didn't read the part that said freedom of speech unless you don't like what they are saying, thought that was kinda the point.

Side note I think morgan is a turd.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Just strap him onto a missile and send him to space.
That Piers Morgan, I tell ya, he's facing charges in the UK. Would be funny if enough people petitioned and they deported him, although I don't think it's going to happen.
For those who're unsure about Morgan, just look into the Leveson inquiry, I'm sure that that will paint the picture.
Yes, Alex Jones shouts and rants and when he started doing a British accent, I went OMG.
BUT, Morgan is a snake, just watch the video carefully where he tries to be calm using reverse psychology, he's a plant.
They don't want him in the UK and they don't want him in the US. I'd hate to be hated like that and thought of as a worm, because that's exactly how he comes across, as a worm, fitting description.
I just dislike that guy. What the hell is there to like about him? Who is he? What the hell does he do apart from spreading disinformation, assassinating peoples characters and hacking into peoples phones?
Worm.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Just a bit of advice to our U.S friends regarding Piers. HE IS A TROLL.

Everything that comes out of Piers mouth is designed to get a rise out of someone, I don't actually thinks he believes half the things he says but if it gets him attention he will say it sit back and watch the fallout from it.
The people of the U.K got wise to him and he basically lost any credibility he had after the faked abuse pictures, he realised he had gone too far and had to start his career again in the U.S.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
If he's hit a nerve then he's doing his job right.

Reminds me of the famous saying "any publicity is good publicity". They won't mind this petition one bit, if it annoys conservatives then more lefties might tune in to see what he's about.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by polarwarrior
If he's hit a nerve then he's doing his job right.

Reminds me of the famous saying "any publicity is good publicity". They won't mind this petition one bit, if it annoys conservatives then more lefties might tune in to see what he's about.

Lefties don't want piers around us either.. He's got that annoying attitude that some british people take, it's sort of "Stop talking it's rubbish, oh come off it you're ridiculous." Such a troll attitude.. And he knows that trolling attitude with the additional 'superior' sounding accent really pisses off Americans.. He pretty much trolled AJ, but it's funny because he got even more than he bargained for, and He should have laughed it off... He couldn't seem to crack a smile, but If I had the ragin' bull Texan turning red in my face I'd have to at least giggle..

What a Sad person he is.. He's either a cynical Troll, or an agent of draconian ideals..

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join