It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The fool says in his heart, “There is no God.”

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Actually, I'd like to touch on that for a minute. Has anyone heard of entropy? 2nd law of thermodynamics. States that all things tend from order to disorder over time. Basically, it's an adaption race. According to science, that happened basically from the moment some chemicals happened to form the exact formula needed to generate life. Autonomous organisms capable of reproducing and feeding. And eventually, these organisms began to question the stars whose material they are constructed from. Now, all of this happens randomly, chaotically. There was no intent, no focus, no will behind it. If you throw the components of a timepiece from a distance equivalent to the space between the sun and Pluto, what are the chances the watch will fall to the ground perfectly assembled and functioning?

You should learn what the 2nd law states before repeating something from some bimbo creationist.

I have been to a large number of creationist lectures because I want to hear what the creationists have to say and I can tell you that everyone one of them lies through their teeth about the 2nd law. It refers to closed systems. Give you a hint. Living systems breath, eat, piss and poop. They are not closed systems.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

Well this is ironic and awkward.... I believe my post you replied to speaks for its self in the amount of sense it attempts to grasp at... you seem to be projecting onto me, that I believe the universe is an animal or something.... or whatever the case is, you are projecting the maximum of what you are able to think about; what I said and what and how I think and why I think that way.. onto me...

Sorry, but you're rambling here and it's rather incoherent.

Your answer to the questions brought up in the post you replied to would be " No an intelligence did not create the universe" ..... If thats what you believe... so be it. It is not however, a very rational or skeptically cautious proof... It is full of emotion, misunderstanding, ignorance and confusion... Im not saying I know what the universe is or what created it, or if an intelligence was involved...

I see no reason to claim intelligence is involved. That's not the same as saying no. To claim an answer of no is not rationale or skeptical is without merit I believe. It's not emotional or ignorant. It is simply a statement that the universe appears to be what it is because of physical laws and not a product of intelligence.

I may have misinterpreted your post due to its choppy wording.

new topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join