It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The fool says in his heart, “There is no God.”

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by rodredux

Without contrast there is no way to create differentiations, to have one thing you need to have other things to compare it to and define it as singular, independent and extract characteristics from it.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by kamebard

When a Theory has been proven definitively it is called a FACT.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Toadmund

Yes I am positive. A Virus is not alive. One of the determining factors to what is or what is not life is whether or not something can reproduce on it's own....a Virus cannot. It must first enter a living cell and once it does it will use the cells raw material to make duplicates of itself until the cell explodes thus allowing easy transmision to other living cells.

A Bacteria is LIFE as it takes on food itself and reproduces on it's own.

The people that won the Nobel Prize in Virology won that prize in the Chemistry catagory since a virus is not alive. If it was they would have won the prize in the Biology Catagory.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I would like to hear what scientists could come up with as answers to a hypothetical question...

IF a God ( intelligence/highly sophisticated race/entity/being etc.) did create this universe, how did it do it? How could it have compiled the energy to create the universe, and could the energy be completely different to the constituents of their own universe? Is there are way to create something such as this universe and have it begin ( with something that relatively looks like the big bang) , and have God remain outside of the universe? What could it be? could the universe be the result of a particle accelerator collision, the colliding of 2 ultra complex particles ( similar to brane theory maybe)? could we be in some type of physical computer? Or something magnitudes more high tech and unimaginable, something that makes our greatest computers look like primitive dung... or this is the first go around with energy and stuff, and everything is emergent..

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

Yes I am positive. A Virus is not alive. One of the determining factors to what is or what is not life is whether or not something can reproduce on it's own....a Virus cannot..

humans cant reproduce on their own

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

Good question. Here's my question in response: where does wind come from?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi

Yes I am positive. A Virus is not alive. One of the determining factors to what is or what is not life is whether or not something can reproduce on it's own....a Virus cannot..

humans cant reproduce on their own

He means humans as a species.....not individually......

edit on 12-1-2013 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
That watch theory does hold some weight, because as much as ATSers may ridicule it, I have not seen any of them provide evidence proving that an exploded watch can reassemble itself in the aftermath of said explosion. And produce the energy required to operate it. By itself.

I have not seen anyone provide evidence proving that any gods did it so remain unconvinced by intelligent design.
As I said earlier, casting doubts on the 'chance' creation of complex systems in the human body does not add any weight to assertions that a god did it all, no matter how much you would like it to.
Any statements claiming gods exist remain faith based theories, not fact.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

Good question. Here's my question in response: where does wind come from?

What are you suggesting?
Temperature variations, atmosphere pressures, Coriolis force, farting, etc.

or

god does it?
edit on 12-1-2013 by Toadmund because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   

You are incorrect...Human Blood Cells are created every moment as well as a host of other Human Cells.
Human Beings are a collection of life forms. We are a Multicelled Creature that has more than one species of Life that is part of our body.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Yup and without them we could not survive.

discovermagazine.com...

This bit I like

9 Fossil viruses About 1/12 of our genome consists of stretches of DNA from viruses that infected our ancestors millions of years ago. According to epidemiologist Prescott Deininger of Tulane University, these and other parasitical, self-replicating pieces of DNA have evolved with us and can insert copies of themselves into our genome, leading to mutations

edit on 12-1-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

You are incorrect...Human Blood Cells are created every moment as well as a host of other Human Cells.
Human Beings are a collection of life forms. We are a Multicelled Creature that has more than one species of Life that is part of our body.

Your definition of 'species' differs to mine and the statement adds no weight for or against the god idea.
edit on 12-1-2013 by grainofsand because: Typo

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by grainofsand

The Human Body is comprised of many forms of different Species of Bacteria that are needed for the Body to live. We could not live without these other species that are prevelent though out the body.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Also there has not been a single statement on this topic that can either prove or disprove the existance of any GOD.

However the burden of proof is sholdered by those who declare a GOD to exist there is no burden of proof upon those who are saying...PROVE IT.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

The Human Body is comprised of many forms of different Species of Bacteria that are needed for the Body to live. We could not live without these other species that are prevelent though out the body.

Agreed but such a statement provides no support for (or against) any god ideas.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Also there has not been a single statement on this topic that can either prove or disprove the existance of any GOD.

However the burden of proof is sholdered by those who declare a GOD to exist there is no burden of proof upon those who are saying...PROVE IT.

I agree about the burden of proof, I make no assertions, I do not believe in any alleged gods.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

As was my arguement given to another poster...a person could make the arguement that a GOD had used the process of Quantum Evolution that dictates that Energy and Matter being interchangable will over time continue to arrange itself though various Cosmological Processes into even more complex forms of Matter.

This can be seen every day as we look at our Sun as that as well as all stars converts Hydrogen into the more complex element Helium as well as Supernova which are responsible for the creation of all Heavier elements that currently exist in the Universe.

A GOD could also use the process of Biological Evolution after Quantum Evolution first created DNA then as LIFE...the currently most complex Quantum Evolutionary State...continued to evolve we then had many variety of Species and this process is still continuing.

What a person cannot say with any proof or even logic is that a GOD created the Universe in 6 Earth Days as this is impossible as well as the proof showing it to be so. For someone to counter that such a GOD could do anything then again the burden of proof is upon them to provide evidence not a person who states something to the contrary.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Evolution is not a 'head' thing either because no one in their right mind could say, we - who only use 5% of our brain

Just a correction. We use 100% of our brains... just not all parts at same time.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by grainofsand

Originally posted by SubAce
So just one simple look at a very complex design in the body reveals that to believe in Chance, well, you have to have more blind faith than believing that was the product of intelligent design.

Still no evidence of any gods doing it though so I remain equally unconvinced by the faith based inteligent design idea. Casting doubts on the 'chance' creation of such complex systems in the human body does not add any weight to any assertions that a god did it all, no matter how much you would like it to.

Of course it does. If the chance of even one human being evolving into the complexity that we see today is a gazillion to one, then the odds that a mating partner(s) evolving at the exact time - throughout it's lifespan - at the exact same time - in the same geographical place on this big old Earth - shows absolutely that humanity was created. It also shows what science finds - strata whereby complete life suddenly appears. This is not evolution through natural selection. So why do we overlook evidence of creation? It is our prideful arrogance that keeps us stuck in believing something because we want it to be true. The alternative is a Creator. And with today's media push to define that Creator as aliens instead of Our Creator God, it just again demonstrates that the issue which prevents us from accepting Our Creator and seeing creation is prideful arrogance which overwrites rational thought and our conscience. Our Creator makes clear the problem

And the LORD told him: "Listen to all that the people are saying to you; it is not you they have rejected, but they have rejected me as their king." 1 Samuel 8:7

Just as Adam, it is the prideful arrogance in man that is behind rejection of Creation and Creator. To believe a lie as truth, man must generally have two conditions present 1) desire for the lie to be truth and the truth to be a lie and 2) sensory experience which seemingly upholds the lie as truth.
The honest truth is, most of the descendants of Christian forefathers have been indoctrinated into "love of self" which leaves no room for their Creator and installs the desire "to be all that they can be". An exalted self naturally rejects any higher authority. They have unknowingly been indoctrinated in the exact conditions which lead one to believe a lie - e.g. Their desires  want the lie to be truth

This is what happened to Adam.
This is the sons of God seeing that the daughters (goods) of men were beautiful (as perceived through the senses), and taking (buying) all they chose. 
This is Jesus stating that people will be buying...marrying...  In the last days.

Man choosing to define his own truth based on senses and experiences instead of the Truth given to him. Rejection of God as Creator. True rebellion as the creation rises to permanently erase the true Creator from their minds and hearts in favor of a "god" of their own making...a "force" who is solely love, a force who does not judge, a force who is equal to/is man and a force which is unknowable and therefore but monism. Kaballah and esoterism, the Shi'ite Mahdi, the Freemason's grand architect....the "force" called natural selection of evolution. It's why we were given the theory of evolution - an occult belief in a principal, law and force that is responsible for humanity. When that point sinks in - that the idea of a principal/law that is "natural selection" is but the same belief of occultists, there is zero probability that we weren't hoodwinked. And it will be by prideful arrogance that people will reject this fact, because to believe a lie is still more agreeable to much of mankind than looking up to the Heavens and bowing to their Creator in repentance, true sorrow and wanting to change our ways.

The tragic fate of mankind. Pride. Arrogance. As in the days of Noah. Our Creator loves us, and to this end, Jesus died for his brethren whilst they were yet sinners. Even though we slaughtered him in our pride and arrogance, he still willingly layer down his life to save a horrible and pathetic Creation hellbent on being their own gods.

The word of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but it is the power of God to those being saved.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

Do you know what the cross stands for? It is the overlap between mortal and divine, sky and earth, physical and nonphysical. It's a symbol of the divine power that exists within everything. Everything is divine, and everything is a piece of godliness. And if you know how, then you can also become a god.

That's what the cross means. But I can understand how such a self-degrading sheep such as yourself might not understand that. I mean, one of the basic principles in Christianity is that you absolve yourself of all power and control. The only choice you are given is the choice to accept Jesus into your heart. That's all they want from you, because that's all they need to rob you of your initiative and take control over your mind.

"Hey dude, if you give me your soul, I'll make you immortal and promise that nothing will ever hurt you. I will provide for you in all ways, and even if something does happen to you, I promise it happens for a reason. I won't ever tell you why, but you gotta have faith in me. Just give me your soul, and this deluxe package is yours for the rest of your life. Oh, and you gotta worship me too. I love being reminded that I'm the high and mighty."

Seriously. A snake oil salesman. The only one making threats is "God". And the only one demanding your soul for salvation is "God". What has "Satan" ever asked for? Nothing. He asked for nothing, and yet he gets cursed and libeled every day while his father gets all the praise. All he's doing is what he was made for, right? I mean, it's not like "God" couldn't destroy him right away. Nah, he's harmless. Keep him around to screw with the humans. That's what "God" said. And yet "Satan" is the bad guy. You folks seriously have some twisted reasoning.
edit on 20-1-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join