It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insulin breakthrough could see end to needles for diabetics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   
ok this is awsome,, my father is diabetic and my granfather was. I always worry about me

But no needles sure would make it easier

www.rawstory.com...

Breakthrough Australian research mapping how insulin works at a molecular level could open the door to novel new diabetes treatments, ending daily needle jabs for millions, scientists have announced.

A Melbourne team have been able to lay out for the first time how the insulin hormone binds to the surface of cells, triggering the passage of glucose from the bloodstream to be stored as energy.

Lead researcher Mike Lawrence on Thursday said the discovery, more than 20 years in the making, would make new and more effective kinds of diabetes medication possible

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

Hopefully this will also help us better understand (and affect) weight gain/loss. Insulin is the driving factor in obesity in general. Very exciting news.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

www.apple-cider-vinegar-benefits.com...

Apple Cider vinegar when used in the method described in the link will remove the needs for meds or insulin. Tons of testimonies at the bottom of that page.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I am a type 2 diabetic due to the autoimmune disease sarcoidosis but i am not on Insulin yet,
but with a family history of diabetes and the damage done by the sarcoidosis it will only be a few years.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I have been researching the cause of diabetes, because I, alas, like my American brethren, am overweight. Shocker! Well I have just read the book "Wheat Belly". I was totally shocked to learn what they did to wheat in the 80's (genetically modified for profit and addiction) and what the GM wheat is doing to us. I would suggest anyone with diabetes to check this book out.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   
If America wants to End Diabetes
then Proper diet, exorcise, can be a cure
Paleo is the way to go,,it has pulled many people from such unneeded bodily harm

new topics

top topics

join