It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enough With The Yank Bashing Already!..

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by rockymcgilicutty
You guys go ahead and have fun .When China decides to "branch out" in the future.We will forgive you.Just like in ww2.When the Europeans stuck their heads in the sand.They let the Nazis built up on the continent they built and built and people said nothing would happen.Then you came knocking on our door.

In the Pacific Ocean, a continent sat on it's butt and sent troops away because.They thought that Japan wouldn't dare come here.Well when they did dare to come one island chain away.Guess whose door you came knocking on.

The fact is there is only one country that can fight a war in two Oceans.So bury your heads in the sand.When it happens,and history has proven it will.Just knock we will forgive you,because you will have nowhere else to go.

America the arsenal of Democracy

I used to view WW2 as you did but I've had a Russian friend set me straight. We didn't "Win" the war for EU, we helped a lot but really I suggest looking into the numbers of Russians that fought and died helping take down Hitler.

Yes they had to because RU was next on Hitler's list but that is the same reason we joined. We were just further down the list at the moment but Japan had to go and get us involved.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 1/10/2013 by ashtonhz8907 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
lol you think yank is a bad term? damn its a good thing you don't know what we call you ahahah Seriously! Americans bust the balls of Canadian's as boring hockey loving, moose hunting, pushover lightweights. Brits are snobbish, poor dental hygiene having, extremely too polite,deballed, vagina whipped, and your accents make you sound like homosexuals"nothing wrong with that if your a homosexual"know it alls. The Australians lol nobody talks about them unless they are dry humping crocodiles on national TV but what can you expect from a nation made from convicts and murders!
go ahead have at us all you want hand pick stupid people from America and video tape them answering question to make your sad existence feel that much better we will continue to laugh while you use the phone we invented over the internet which we invented to tell us how stupid and lazy we are.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by digital01anarchy
at us all you want hand pick stupid people from America and video tape them answering question to make your sad existence feel that much better we will continue to laugh while you use the phone we invented over the internet which we invented to tell us how stupid and lazy we are.

Americans did not invent the internet and the telephone - please get your facts right ..

Sir Timothy John "Tim" Berners-Lee, OM, KBE, FRS, FREng, FRSA (born 8 June 1955),[1] also known as "TimBL", is a British computer scientist, best known as the inventor of the World Wide Web

Alexander Graham Bell (March 3, 1847 – August 2, 1922) was an eminent scientist, inventor, engineer and innovator who is credited with inventing the first practical telephone. He was Scottish and British

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by HelenConway

at us all you want hand pick stupid people from America and video tape them answering question to make your sad existence feel that much better we will continue to laugh while you use the phone we invented over the internet which we invented to tell us how stupid and lazy we are.

Americans did not invent the internet and the telephone - please get your facts right ..

Sir Timothy John "Tim" Berners-Lee, OM, KBE, FRS, FREng, FRSA (born 8 June 1955),[1] also known as "TimBL", is a British computer scientist, best known as the inventor of the World Wide Web

Alexander Graham Bell (March 3, 1847 – August 2, 1922) was an eminent scientist, inventor, engineer and innovator who is credited with inventing the first practical telephone. He was Scottish and British

The Advanced Research Projects Agency Network (ARPANET) was the world's first operational packet switching network and the progenitor of what was to become the global Internet. The network was initially funded by the Advanced Research Projects Agency (ARPA, later DARPA) within the U.S. Department of Defense for use by its projects at universities and research laboratories in the US. The packet switching of the ARPANET was based on designs by British scientist Donald Davies[1][2] and Lawrence Roberts of the Lincoln Laboratory.[3] Notice how it doesnt say they used the designs it was based on the the designs meaning it used some of the ideas not all primarly packet filtering god i love to hear your morons say that's the internet lol
edit on 10-1-2013 by digital01anarchy because: (no reason given)

Nathan B. Stubblefield (November 22, 1860 - March 28, 1928) was an American inventor and Kentucky melon farmer. It has been claimed that Stubblefield invented the radio before either Nikola Tesla or Guglielmo Marconi, but his devices seem to have worked by audio frequency induction or, later, audio frequency earth conduction [1] (creating disturbances in the near-field region) rather than by radio frequency radiation for radio transmission telecommunications.

Though there were contemporaneous experiments by others such as William Preece, Stubblefield has been proposed as a claimant for the invention of wireless telephony
lol who the hell uses a wired telephone still? hahahhaha

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by HelenConway

The Advanced Research Projects Agency Network (ARPANET) was the world's first operational packet switching network and the progenitor of what was to become the global Internet. The network was initially funded by the Advanced Research Projects Agency (ARPA, later DARPA) within the U.S. Department of Defense for use by its projects at universities and research laboratories in the US. The packet switching of the ARPANET was based on designs by British scientist Donald Davies[1][2] and Lawrence Roberts of the Lincoln Laboratory.[3] Notice how it doesnt say they used the designs it was based on the the designs meaning it used some of the ideas not all

neither your or I invented these things - so there is no ' we' about it. We do not get reflected glory by virtue of our nationality. The point being these men were amazing inventors .. who cares where they were born in Britain or America or the moon for that matter. There work stands alone and only they and their team can take credit for it - not their country

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Well, I respect the OP's drunken heartfelt sentiments. It is nice to hear it once in a while. Maybe someday as a species we will move beyond all of our territorial pissing contests and power mongering, realizing that we are all one with eachother. It is a nice dream, hopefully someday it will be reality. I raise a toast to all my brothers and sisters with ancestries different than mine, be well and live well may we someday share a drink in camraderie.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkphoenix77

Greetings

Fantastic message , the door opened for a minute and light shined in.

TheGreazel

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by digital01anarchy

I thought Tim Berners-Lee invented the Internet. He's British
Y' all think of a nation that starts with 'u'

How many sides are there in a square?

edit on 11-1-2013 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Not interested in Yank bashing...There's no real need.
But when I witness someones gutless post making fun of all the people trampled to death at Hillsborough, and then following it up with 3 smilies just to back up their gun loving argument. Well, some people really need a smack in the mouth.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Well, EvanB, I thank you. Unfortunately it will fall on deaf ears. Our government is comprised of assholes, and according to the rest of the world we're all that way, and you can't change it apparently. I don't get it. How is it that people that obviously know nothing about us are so quick to pass judgement on us. Every Brit, or Aussie, or whatever that I've met all seem like nice enough people in person. I think most of it is the fact that there's pretty much no backlash for what you say on the internet, so people like to voice every bigoted view that they normally keep secret. Whether or not you believe in the Bible there's some good advice, I have always liked this one: "Attend not to the mote in thy neighbors eye, unless you have first removed the plank from your own." Good Advice.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Forgot to add this. Especially between Britain and the United States, we share so much common history, and not just before the revolution. Why must we constantly bash eachother for no reason? Seriously, it's funny how people are so tough online. When you're in the bar at the Joint Naval Base in Bahrain, you don't hear this kind of crap, neither from the Brits, or the Yanks, Or the Aussies or anybody else. If they aren't doing it there, then that should say something to everyone, right?

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB
reply to post by intrptr

We are limey redcoats and you are and always will be Yanks

See it as a term of inderement.. We do

Didn't you know that only the northerners in this country are yankies???

Jaden

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by PLAYERONE01

I've heard of Australia. How many people do you have now? 12?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by violet

Sir Timothy John "Tim" Berners-Lee, OM, KBE, FRS, FREng, FRSA (born 8 June 1955),[1] also known as "TimBL", is a British computer scientist, best known as the inventor of the World Wide Web. He made a proposal for an information management system in March 1989,[3] and he implemented the first successful communication between a Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) client and server via the Internet sometime around mid November
Is this what your talking about funny?

The Internet is a worldwide network of thousands of computers and computer networks. It is a public, voluntary, and cooperative effort between the connected institutions and is not owned or operated by any single organization. The Internet and Transmission Control Protocols were initially developed in 1973 by American computer scientist Vinton Cerf as part of a project sponsored by the United States Department of Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (ARPA) and directed by American engineer Robert Kahn.

The Internet began as a computer network of ARPA (ARPAnet) that linked computer networks at several universities and research laboratories in the United States. The World Wide Web was developed in 1989 by English computer scientist Timothy Berners-Lee for the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN).

"The design of the Internet was done in 1973 and published in 1974. There ensued about 10 years of hard work, resulting in the roll out of Internet in 1983. Prior to that, a number of demonstrations were made of the technology - such as the first three-network interconnection demonstrated in November 1977 linking SATNET, PRNET and ARPANET in a path leading from Menlo Park, CA to University College London and back to USC/ISI in Marina del Rey, CA." . - Vinton Cerf explains the timing:

Internet, interconnection of computer networks that enables connected machines to communicate directly. The term popularly refers to a particular global interconnection of government, education, and business computer networks that is available to the public. There are also smaller internets, usually for the private use of a single organization, called intranets.

Internet technology is a primitive precursor of the Information Superhighway, a theoretical goal of computer communications to provide schools, libraries, businesses, and homes universal access to quality information that will educate, inform, and entertain. In early 1996, the Internet interconnected more than 25 million computers in over 180 countries and continues to grow at a dramatic rate

So violet how is it Sir Timothy John "Tim" Berners-Lee invented the internet after it had already been out for 6 years?
edit on 12-1-2013 by digital01anarchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by violet

I thought Tim Berners-Lee invented the Internet. He's British
Y' all think of a nation that starts with 'u'

How many sides are there in a square?

edit on 11-1-2013 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   

I really don't know the answer to that sorry.
I brought it up because I saw it in the London Olympic opening ceremonies. Several searches I made for my post agreed with this and credit him as the inventer of the Internet.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by violet

The terms internet and world wide web get used interchangeably even though its not correct. http, hypertext transfer protocol is how the 'web' we use works today and is what Berners Lee invented. Hence, he invented the world wide web is accurate.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join