Question for people that live in the USA

page: 8
41
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

log in

join

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I personally am a fan of gun control, even an outright ban, but I don't think there is any double standard here as we are talking apples and oranges.

Iran can't have nukes because they will be a threat to others outside of their own country, that is not the case with American citizens having guns. One is a global concern, one is a local one.

However, it's still a discussion we all have the right to have, regardless of where we are from.
edit on 10-1-2013 by humphreysjim because: (no reason given)




posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by zedVSzardoz
 


You're right of course. I am unfairly blaming the US on the whole mess. They are just one of many with sanctions (which are an act of war) against Iran with no reason for them besides setting them up as the next boogeyman.



posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB
 


I have a theory about this.
They want to see us get a come uppance for our governments activity.They want to teach us humility.
The see our "arrogance" as a nation and they think we have no right to behave as we do as it's citizens. The problem is if we weren't wired this way we would have lead squat.The bad guys have used this spirit against the world,and the world wants payback. The problem is: most Americans have just said no.



posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by humphreysjim
I personally am a fan of gun control, even an outright ban, but I don't think there is any double standard here as we are talking apples and oranges.

Iran can't have nukes because they will be a threat to others outside of their own country, that is not the case with American citizens having guns. One is a global concern, one is a local one.

However, it's still a discussion we all have the right to have, regardless of where we are from.
edit on 10-1-2013 by humphreysjim because: (no reason given)


Right. (6th time)
This isn't about handguns vs nuclear weapons. Go back and read the thread thoroughly before commenting again please. This is getting a little ridiculous. Now I know why I don't bother creating many threads..



posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
I don't see how anyone with critical thinking skills can compare owning a handgun to owning a nuclear bomb, but whatever.

It's more like this - 90% of the countries don't care if Iran gets a bomb because they won't be a target. Israel and the US are targets, so we care. That wasn't hard to figure out was it?


Iran has not attacked another country in over 200 years. Law abiding American gun owners have not attacked anyone in at least that long. How about we start disarming those who do use weapons (nuclear and otherwise) against defenseless people ~ like the US and Israeli and British governments, etc etc.

Israel refuses to sign the NNPT, or to allow inspections of its nuclear facilities or to abide by UN rules, Iran has consistently done all of the above. The US government is above all rules, they're the untouchables.

I say ban joy sticks and drones.

.



posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
reply to post by EvanB
 


I have a theory about this.
They want to see us get a come uppance for our governments activity.They want to teach us humility.
The see our "arrogance" as a nation and they think we have no right to behave as we do as it's citizens. The problem is if we weren't wired this way we would have lead squat.The bad guys have used this spirit against the world,and the world wants payback. The problem is: most Americans have just said no.


Nope. Wrong again. This isn't about EvanB's perceived American bashing. Read the whole thread. You will understand what it is about and you will also see that EvanB conveniently disappeared from this thread after getting proven wrong.



posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Iran is a national security issue for the US, not to mention every other Western power. If armed citizens in the United States are a security issue for your country, the you are definitely entitled to speak out, but currently we are talking apples and oranges. Perhaps Americans should be poking the hornets nest in the UK where the citizens have little if no ability to protect themselves from armed perpetraitors, or a tyranical government.



posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by onthedownlow
 

*sigh*

I wish I could go back and edit the first post.
I wish people would not skim posts and get it wrong.
I wish I didn't have to say this 7 times now.

This is not about handguns vs nuclear weapons. Can't you people read?
That would be ridiculous.
This is about American hypocrisy.
I think I have an idea for another thread now thanks to all the people that can't read, digest information, think properly, etc.



posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by superman2012
 

I know, I responded to his question about all the threads in general.
I didn't see a comparison between foreign policy and semi autos in the US so I can't answer your question in the fashion you want.
They don't make defense policies based on citizen participation or the federal govt wouldn't be such an octopus. They make them by think tanks.
It doesn't take a think tank to figure out that Iran has been a hub for terrorism,nor is it a stretch to see them give terrorists nukes.
The citizens of Iran are ,like us,not part of the decision process.Thats why we are using sanctions and not force,though we have had 3 administrations push for this very act.The JCS usually tells them no but this guy doesn't seem to care about the little things like facts,bringing us back to what our guns are for.



posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
reply to post by onthedownlow
 

*sigh*

I wish I could go back and edit the first post.
I wish people would not skim posts and get it wrong.
I wish I didn't have to say this 7 times now.

This is not about handguns vs nuclear weapons. Can't you people read?
That would be ridiculous.
This is about American hypocrisy.
I think I have an idea for another thread now thanks to all the people that can't read, digest information, think properly, etc.


Well aren't you smug? I read just fine, thank you. Perhaps you could reformulate your argument, as I can only address the example in your AssErtion. Typical really, you confound your own thoughts, and chastize us for not ascertaing your more profound reasoning. Its obvious that you have exposed the extent of your wit with this insulting reply. I wish we could ban stupid, narcissistic, sycophants.



posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7
 


It has nothing to do with foreign policy, or semi autos.

It is about the double standard/hypocrisy of some American citizens that will yell and scream at people from other countries if they dare tell Americans what to do about their guns AND in the same breath tell those same people what to do in their country.



posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by onthedownlow
 



Well, I don't know how to make it any more clear for people like you. As you can tell (or maybe you can't as you haven't read the whole thread) there are now 7 of you that didn't understand. Go back and read the opening post and if you have any further questions, I will help you along.




I wish we could ban stupid, narcissistic, sycophants.


Me too bud.
edit on 10-1-2013 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012

Right. (6th time)
This isn't about handguns vs nuclear weapons. Go back and read the thread thoroughly before commenting again please. This is getting a little ridiculous. Now I know why I don't bother creating many threads..


What are you talking about? I just read the OP again and my response is perfectly valid, but thanks for the condescending tone.

You are asking this:

"So, my question is, why is it ok for some US citizens to tell people what to do in their country, but, if someone tells you what to do in your country, it is stupid and they should keep their nose out of your business?"

I am replying that Americans think it is okay to meddle in another country's business when if effects THEM directly - meaning, if Iran gets Nukes, that is a specific threat to the interests of the US citizens. In the cases where Americans have been complaining about people from other countries meddling in their business, it has been in instances where it only really involves the US directly. So, no double standard as far as I can see.

You say this isn't about handguns versus nuclear weapons, but clearly this is in response to the gun control issue, juxtaposed against the Iran nuke situation, so there obviously is a connection
edit on 10-1-2013 by humphreysjim because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
reply to post by onthedownlow
 



Well, I don't know how to make it any more clear for people like you. As you can tell (or maybe you can't as you haven't read the whole thread) there are now 7 of you that didn't understand. Go back and read the opening post and if you have any further questions, I will help you along.




I wish we could ban stupid, narcissistic, sycophants.




Me too bud.
edit on 10-1-2013 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

Nice avitar. Nice try.
edit on 10-1-2013 by onthedownlow because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Here is a collection of my posts explaining exactly what I am asking of you:

First
Second
Third
Fourth
Fifth

I'm tired of this. Please read the whole thread if you feel the need to comment. If you are not going to actually apply any critical thinking in your answers(after reading) I will not be responding, and if it is off topic I will be alerting.



posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by humphreysjim
 


The only connection was the hypocrisy. Does Iran have nukes? You know this? Or the American public is told they are building nukes. Have they threatened the US or the US is just scared of a nuclear Iran? I'm not scared that the people from the US are going to come to Canada and shoot me, just as I am not afraid that Iran would drop a nuclear bomb on me if they developed them. I think Americans should be able to choose their own laws just as other countries should. See? No hypocrisy. You also didn't make yourself clear. You didn't make it about the choices but about guns vs nuclear weapons.

Edit: Perhaps you are right, about the global vs the national issue if they had nuclear weapons. But so far, there is no proof for that so we have to take them at face value when they are saying that they are developing nuclear power for their country which makes it a national issue again.
edit on 10-1-2013 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
Here is a collection of my posts explaining exactly what I am asking of you:

First
Second
Third
Fourth
Fifth

I'm tired of this. Please read the whole thread if you feel the need to comment. If you are not going to actually apply any critical thinking in your answers(after reading) I will not be responding, and if it is off topic I will be alerting.


Laughing out loud! Why don't you tell us the angle you would like us to apply critical thinking from and then we can all run around and parrot what you say like your own person army of lemmings, or did you want to debate the matter with some limited recourse?



posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by onthedownlow
 


No, I don't want people to parrot me.

I just wanted people to answer a VERY simple question if they were guilty of doing it.

..some people just don't understand that and put it on the internet for everyone to see...



posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012

Edit: Perhaps you are right, about the global vs the national issue if they had nuclear weapons. But so far, there is no proof for that so we have to take them at face value when they are saying that they are developing nuclear power for their country which makes it a national issue again.
edit on 10-1-2013 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)


Now you're the one going off topic. Whether Iran has nukes or not is completely irrelevant.



posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Iran is a sovereign nation. We can tell them what to do, and they can tell us where to go.
We don't have to listen to each other





new topics
top topics
 
41
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

log in

join