It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for people that live in the USA

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

Simple.. they are being a little dumb. I am pro 2nd, and I think we should mind our own business about Iran.
Of course that's just one item on my checklist of things we should be doing.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

Well with China leading the way for Thorium reactors, we wouldn't have to worry about countries saying they are only pursuing nuclear power.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Oh, no. I liked your answer, I even gave the answer its first star. I didn't see any need to have a back and forth about it because I liked your answer.

PS- She would have a womb of steel.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
. And DC has stated that Superman will always remain as American as apple pie.

Apple pie of course being English, and mentioned as far back as the 1300s.

edit on 10-1-2013 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
some info before I respond, I am not very educated on us politics and reasoning behind some of what we do or say.

HOWEVER my own opinion based off my own personal beliefs is that while we shouldn't tell other countries what to do, we do need to be wary when countries are believed to be building up a nuclear arsenal. We have to look out for and protect ourselves first and foremost. Because of this I believe as a country we try to elect a president best fit to protect us and keep our best interests in mind. For this same reason that I don't think we should tell others how to run their country, I don't think that others should have the right to tell the USA how we should run our country. Again, it is my personal belief that if you are not a citizen of a country, you have no right what so ever to attack its laws, or amendments since they don't apply to you.

Some will agree with me, some will disagree with me, but for what its worth on this day, i put in my two cents and this is how i currently feel. I'm open to discussion or education.
edit on 1/10/2013 by NerdGoddess because: added the word amendments

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Ok cool. I thought you ignored it. Thanks for the star.

BTW the superman sex thing has been one of those questions that is worthy of a whole thread IMO.

Enquiring minds want to know. Labor pains could be deadly.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Of course, but it is not the known controlled materials that worries me, the most.
It is more so, the old cold war surplus stockpiles that are misappropriated...etc.

Rogue development and other unsanctioned enrichment processes are so far the primary threat, until isotopes become more affordable of course.

I don't appreciate China's FIS, but I do begrudgingly respect them for their capability, and long history of success.

It's just I don't see them wanting the throne for next superpower, and sponsoring terrorists. So, why would they only to throw it away by being worse than the alleged super power they may theoretically replace?

China does not have the capability to be a super power, or they would be. It is that simple, it is not China world police now is it?

Yeah, so...

What you think?
edit on 10-1-2013 by ADVISOR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I don't see how anyone with critical thinking skills can compare owning a handgun to owning a nuclear bomb, but whatever.

It's more like this - 90% of the countries don't care if Iran gets a bomb because they won't be a target. Israel and the US are targets, so we care. That wasn't hard to figure out was it?

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

I could debate that, but will leave it at this, for sense of staying on topic. Perhaps another thread, or debate?

Atomic Annie

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
I don't see how anyone with critical thinking skills can compare owning a handgun to owning a nuclear bomb, but whatever.

It's more like this - 90% of the countries don't care if Iran gets a bomb because they won't be a target. Israel and the US are targets, so we care. That wasn't hard to figure out was it?

Again, I must say (is it 5th time already!?) you would have to be daft to think I was comparing handguns to nuclear weapons. Go back, read, and digest the information and the question I was really asking.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by NerdGoddess

For this same reason that I don't think we should tell others how to run their country, I don't think that others should have the right to tell the USA how we should run our country. Again, it is my personal belief that if you are not a citizen of a country, you have no right what so ever to attack its laws, or amendments since they don't apply to you.

Seems like you have a pretty good handle on things. This is exactly what I am looking for, an answer to my question. (Just in case more people come on this thread thinking I'm asking if we can get some guns that fire nuclear bullets, or whatever they are babbling about).

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Try to grasp this. Many of the cultures in the middle east are not from this planet. They destroyed their planet the same way that the want to destroy our planet. Should we give them the chance or stop them. Not a Joke.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   

I am pro-gun and think the US should stay out of others affairs. I think were too damn nosy involving ourselves in others affairs and essentially just looking for trouble. THIS has been the policy as of the last few administrations.

So to your question I guess I am not who you are addressing. However I would just like to state that not all pro-gun people are for interfering with Iran. It is a pretty hypocritical stance for them to have I agree...

edit on 10-1-2013 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by skyzeagle

Thank you and kudos... That sums it it up perfectly S&F.

Grim

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grimmley
reply to post by skyzeagle

Thank you and kudos... That sums it it up perfectly S&F.

Grim

Ahhh, another one who doesn't understand what this thread is about or the question asked of them.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

No I am not addressing you. I appreciate your answer though! I think it is pretty funny that so far, we have not received any responses from people that are willing to admit to this though. There are many on ATS. Maybe they are all at work..

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   

I am not living in the US right now, but it is my home so I will answer anyways.

I actually dont really care what other countries do. Most people dont IMO.

They can do what ever they want and have what ever weapons they want, just dont point them at us or I will care. The same way I dont care if you have an arsenal next door to me, as long as it is not pointing out your window at my house.....

That IMO is the US´s concern. Iran is in a state of war with the US, declared or not. It is what it is. We dont want to get nuked is all.....go figure..

That said, I think we should practice political isolationism and commercial internationalism.
Stay out of the world while in uniform and visit in Hawaiian shirts or business suits.

edit on 10-1-2013 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by zedVSzardoz

The only reason that it is perceived as a "state of war" is because the US is interfering with their local matters. That is what I am talking about. They want to tell countries what to do. But no country can tell them what to do. It is very hypocritical.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   

WHY FIGHT FOR THE 2ND AMENDMENT

Our second amendment was created to protect us from tyrannical governement (our own), when you live under the most powerful military the World has ever seen, this right is critical in preventing that power from growing too large and enslaving our nation.

The second amendment is critical globally as well because if the US military were to exercise that degree of force on its own people, the international community would not be safe moving forward either.

WHY FIGHT FOR IRAN TO REMAIN NON-NUCLEAR

The leadership of Iran is fundamentalist Islam and have referred to the USA and UK alliance as the "great satan", they have also mentioned wanting the "Zionist state of Israel", "wiped off the map". The ultiumate goal of this sect of fundamentalist Islam is the destruction of the "great Satan" and a global Islamic ciaphate established. The US grid is terrible volnerable to EMP and small nuclear strikes. Iran has mini-submarine units that can bypass our radar defense system and could easily enter US port city water and strike too quickly for missle deffence system interception. If they have nuclear arsenal, it will be used to achieve their greatest goal is life according to their belief stucture.

If the US is knocked out pre-emtively with a nuclear homeland strike the deffence grid would fall and the US would not be able to keep other nations at bay any longer. There is a reason the scientists from China and Russia are the ones helping Iran build the bomb, they have been planning their end game for about a year now, and this scenario is exactly what they have planned. once the US is removed as a threat, no one can match their combined power except a unified Europe... which is also what will occur in this scenario.

Hope this helps you undersstand at least my feelings towards it.

God Bless,

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   

it is not the US exactly. People associate most things done militarily as being a US decision. Most never make the association of the UN, NATO, or private international business interests that are the main factors really in anything we do.

Think about it. How can ONE country be responsible for the GLOBALIST agenda...????

EDIT:
Iran has beef with the US because of our allegiance with Israel. That is a separate issue, but they dont get to scold us for our friends. They may not like them, but we are not them. Even if we help them, we are a separate people.
edit on 10-1-2013 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join