It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for people that live in the USA

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
reply to post by Unidentified_Objective

No.

No. I have no sympathy for anyone that kills innocent people.
Relevance?

How sure are you that radicals who have sworn to destroy Israel publicly many times are being good little children and want nothing to do with nuclear weapons? You assume much. At least the people who oppose a nuclear armed Iran, can justify feeling that way.
edit on 10-1-2013 by Unidentified_Objective because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by superman2012

trying to tell them how they should act

So you just hate Americans, is that it? Did you see the thread about Piers Morgan telling Americans to let the govt ban guns here? Is Piers Morgan a US citizen or a foreign national telling us what to do? Americans apparently signed a petition to deport his butte out in response to his meddling.
What else have Americans told foreign countries to do? Oh wait, though I don't like Barack's policies in general, I guess he did tell the Libyans not to bomb their own people. Most Conservatives weren't on board with that even. We did sort of tell people to not hijack our planes and fly them into tall buildings here.

I hereby nominate this post for "most willfully ignorant off-topic post" award. Wait, does that mean I hate Americans?
Do you understand what a straw man argument is? I do, and you aren't pulling it off well.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unidentified_Objective

reply to post by Unidentified_Objective

No.

No. I have no sympathy for anyone that kills innocent people.
Relevance?

How sure are you that radicals who have sworn to destroy Israel publicly many times are being good little children and want nothing to do with nuclear weapons? You assume much. At least the people who oppose a nuclear armed Iran, can justify feeling that way.
edit on 10-1-2013 by Unidentified_Objective because: (no reason given)

Right, I just go by the facts so far though. None of the facts are present to support your theory.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
OK...Let me try another way.

You are comparing an entirely domestic issue with an international issue. If you said Americans were telling citizens from another country could not have guns themselves that would make the OP at least logical.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537

Then why are you directing this question to people that live in USA????? Why not the few you speak of?

Check your title before responding so fast...
edit on 10-1-2013 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

Obviously I had to title the thread something genius.
How else am I going to attract American people to a thread where I want their answer to my question?

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malcher
OK...Let me try another way.

You are comparing an entirely domestic issue with an international issue. If you said Americans were telling citizens from another country could not have guns themselves that would make the OP at least logical.

Nope. Still thinking centrally.

Whether Iran enriches Uranium is a national issue in Iran.
Whether the US bans or allows assault weapons, is a national issue in the US.

Neither should have a say about what the other does. You are making the mistake of assuming I was comparing nukes to hand guns, which would be ridiculous.

link   
This guy is a troll. He back tracks and insults people, yet says nothing that actually supports anything. I'm finished with it. It's obvious how I feel about the topic from posts. I'd just suggest you all let him know where you stand then walk away, because you aren't going anywhere but a big old circle.

link   
Yeah we do know what a strawman "argument" is:

This post:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

link   

Then why are you directing this question to people that live in USA????? Why not the few you speak of?

How else am I going to attract American people to a thread where I want their answer to my question?

Ok so the thread is "People of america" but it's only directed to the "few" who were critical of people.... Ok, maybe you shouldn't be chucking out genius in your responses when you MAKE NO SENSE...

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Here is a serious answer:

The same right people claim to ban guns is the same reason to ban an Iran nuke but then again it is an apples to oranges comparison.

Right, if you take it that way...as most people are. Is critical thinking in that short of supply?

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrome413
This guy is a troll. He back tracks and insults people, yet says nothing that actually supports anything. I'm finished with it. It's obvious how I feel about the topic from posts. I'd just suggest you all let him know where you stand then walk away, because you aren't going anywhere but a big old circle.

Obvious troll... And he insults you if you don't answer the question the way he wants you too...

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Ok so the thread is "People of america" but it's only directed to the "few" who were critical of people.... Ok, maybe you shouldn't be chucking out genius in your responses when you MAKE NO SENSE...

Ok, thanks for proving that you have no real argument.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

trying to tell them how they should act

So you just hate Americans, is that it? Did you see the thread about Piers Morgan telling Americans to let the govt ban guns here? Is Piers Morgan a US citizen or a foreign national telling us what to do? Americans apparently signed a petition to deport his butte out in response to his meddling.
What else have Americans told foreign countries to do? Oh wait, though I don't like Barack's policies in general, I guess he did tell the Libyans not to bomb their own people. Most Conservatives weren't on board with that even. We did sort of tell people to not hijack our planes and fly them into tall buildings here.

I hereby nominate this post for "most willfully ignorant off-topic post" award. Wait, does that mean I hate Americans?
Do you understand what a straw man argument is? I do, and you aren't pulling it off well.

I understand a lot of things that likely you never even thought of. But I digress.
Here was your OP

Quite a few people that believe Iran is building towards a nuclear bomb are saying that they should not be doing so.

Quite a few people, in the US, responded in quite a few 2nd amendment threads where people from other countries, were telling them they should get rid of their guns.

So, my question is, why is it ok for some US citizens to tell people what to do in their country, but, if someone tells you what to do in your country, it is stupid and they should keep their nose out of your business?

This was your FIRST post in YOUR thread, and in it you introduced both the 2nd Amendment of the American right to bear arms, AND the Iranian building towards nuclear armament.
People then proceeded to tell you why the two issues are not comparable, but you did not like the responses you were getting. I told you that American citizens are not judging Iran and telling them what to do, but the
UN Security Council has made a decision on it. People here have argued all around your original post which asserts that Americans don't want people from other countries telling them what to do but that Americans are judging other countries. One has to assume you meant that you don't understand why Americans don't want to be told to give up handguns, and that includes the illustrious British foreign national Piers Morgan who supports gun control publicly and on the air.
You introduced both concepts and I have argued both concepts.
You don't like the answers, tough cookies.

edit on 10-1-2013 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by chrome413

Obvious troll... And he insults you if you don't answer the question the way he wants you too...

I insult because I am super frustrated that you and others cannot for the live of you understand what the actual question is nor do you want to see what the question is. You took an analogy literally and then you started attacking me when I brought it to your attention. Answer the question or leave.

link   

I already stated my points pages ago, but when you started attacking people for not answering your question the way you liked it took your thread off topic... Your arrogance in this thread is astounding...

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Since you refuse to hear or accept or understand why people are opposed to a nuclear armed Iran, perhaps a little video/audio from the man himself will aid your confusion.....

www.youtube.com...

This has nothing to do with hypocrisy and everything to do with an extremist group that has made repeated statements about attacking its neighbors.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Critical thinking eh like someone brings nukes to a gun fight.

Two different topics with 2 total different line of reasoning.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

I told you that American citizens are not judging Iran and telling them what to do, but the the UN Security Council has made a decision on it.

Right, and I clarified what I meant and said it was American ATS members that I was asking. Not about guns vs nuclear weapons, but about the hypocrisy of telling a nation what they should do, while getting mad at people for telling you what to do with your nation.

I don't know how else to let you know.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Critical thinking eh like someone brings nukes to a gun fight.

Two different topics with 2 total different line of reasoning.

Yup, if you can't follow a simple question, I can see how you would think that.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Serious question looking for serious answers. I know this will not dissuade some of you, but at least I tried.

Quite a few people that believe Iran is building towards a nuclear bomb are saying that they should not be doing so.

Quite a few people, in the US, responded in quite a few 2nd amendment threads where people from other countries, were telling them they should get rid of their guns.

So, my question is, why is it ok for some US citizens to tell people what to do in their country, but, if someone tells you what to do in your country, it is stupid and they should keep their nose out of your business?

Is this a case of, do as I say, not as I do? Also, why, in the face of this double standard, should we take anything you say from now on seriously?

Thanks in advance for keeping this civil.

You present two scenarios that have nothing in common. If Iran was concerned about its citizens being armed and outside countries were considering whether to get involved in the issue, then I think it is none of our business since it concerns only the domestic Iranian population.
Now, the issue of developing a nuclear weapon is different in that it is done for one reason and that is to attack another country. This scenario makes the problem a global problem and other countries not only should feel they have a right to get involved but the obligation.
The issue of gun rights in the US is an issue solely effecting the US. It has nothing to do with other countries citizens who allowed themselves to be disarmed. Those citizens of other countries do not know the history of this nation and how intertwined the Constitution is with the character of the country and its citizens.
My question to you is, why do you feel a need to get involved in the US gun issue?
edit on 10-1-2013 by baboo because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join