It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for people that live in the USA

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
reply to post by dominicus

While someone like Iran is basically an uneducated third world country with a dictator at the helm. This type of Government is unstable and there are no checks and balances, as well as having a skewed world view filtered by dogmatic religious fundamentalism.

You have some reading to do.
..but thanks for the laugh. Do you have any thoughts in relation to my question?

Doesn't matter about the structure of the Iranian government, when there were recently protests in that country to change the status quo, but the protesters were beaten into submission.

I think that all countries together, forming a counsel, should make decisions together, on whether or not a fundamentalist based third,world region is allowed to have nuke tech.

It doesn't make sense for Iran to go for nukes, when solar would work just as well with all the sun that's there

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

Because Iran's pursuit of nuclear weapons (IF that is what they are doing) is NOT and "national" issue. It's an international issue.

Your whole argument relies on that one if. I have stated that this thread is to be taken as if Iran is NOT pursuing nuclear weapons...as there is no proof that they are. It really isn't that hard and shouldn't have taken this long to get across.
Next time let me know what the crux of your problem is and I will try and help you more quickly.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Doesn't matter about the structure of the Iranian government, when there were recently protests in that country to change the status quo, but the protesters were beaten into submission.

Kind of like the Occupy protests in the oh-so-more civilized US?

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

reply to post by eriktheawful

No. You are trying to confuse the issue by not seeing everything I am saying and concentrating on one thing I have said at a time.

Iran's pursuit of nuclear technology is THEIR national issue.
USA's right to bear arms is THEIR national issue.

USA is critical of Iran's right to seek this technology even though it is a NATIONAL issue.
USA gets mad when people from outside the USA criticize their right to bear arms which is a NATIONAL issue.

Clear as mud now? All I was doing before was trying to show that Iran's nuclear program is their own national issue and not a global one, which is what some people believe it to be. It is no more a global issue then France's nuclear program is to anyone.

Again, I know people will not read this disclaimer but, this is not a blanket statement of all Americans, just of the conversations/threads/posts on ATS.

The INTERNATIONAL non-proliferation act makes Iran's pursuit of WMD an INTERNATIONAL issue.

The NATIONAL US constitutional debate over a NATIONAL right, makes the gun debate in the US a NATIONAL issue.

God Bless,

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

No Proof?

What do you call 10,000 Centrifuges running night and day? Iran has admitted it has these centrifuges. The ONLY reason a country would have so many is to create Highly Enriched Uranium of Weapons Grade Quality.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

LOL! False Rhetoric? LOL!

I believe it is VERY common knowledge that Iran had purchased it's Nuclear Reactors as well as Nuclear Fuel from Russia as well as the very well know fact it signed the NPT to be able to do this.

You are funny!

Split Infinity

Sorry, maybe I misunderstood you.

Had Iran developed this tech on it's own and attempted or developed Nuclear Weapons on it's own there would not be so many U.N. resolutions calling for Iran to stop enrichment...but it did.

I took this to mean that you believe that Iran has attempted or has developed Nuclear Weapons. I just didn't quite understand how you can believe that when every intelligence agency is saying otherwise.
My apologies if I was/am wrong.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Dear OP,

You are a well knowned anti-american here on ATS, and would never hesitate to spew your illogical anti-american thrash, misusing precious bandwidth for freedom of speech that had been denied by the very people you support.

Nevertheless, for you to compare USA's discussion on gun issues and link it to your pet and boot-licking Khamenei support is absolutely flawed and irrelevant.

America's gun issues are american citizens issue to resolve amongst all within the nation, and DOES NOT affect the world, as USA had not sought to impose the 2nd amendment to other nation unless the citizens wake up to the fact that they need it, as the Syrian People now had woken up to such fact.

Wherelse, your beloved apostate Khamenei's hunger for Nuke power and domination DOES affect the entire world, as North Korea had proven with its success in nuke and intercontinental missle tech, and in such DERANGED hands, no human in our world can ever feel safe again, unlike responsible nuke powers such as USA, China, Russia, etc, for they are not stupid to realize what would happen if even one nuke missle is launched.

But for the deluded apostate Shia Khamenei, who dreams of himself controlling the mythical 'Madhi', preaching end times as being these days and had actually tried to ferment insurrections in fellow sunni states, he is one mad and insane inhuman whom cares no more about humanity, but for his own afterlife of perpetual 7 virgins serving him when his soul will be sent to a dying sun soon when he passes on.

Such mad man have NO right to own nukes, more so with his tirades against sunnis and israelis, calling for their extermination and actually ordering their deaths.

Go ahead with your bootlicking, OP, and discount my post with one liners. It is your right, but NO ONE will be fooled except your fellow Khamenei bootlickers.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

...or to provide nuclear fuel for their reactors.
...or to provide excess to sell as oil will not last forever.
...or to provide nuclear fuel for more medical research facilities.
...or to provide nuclear fuel for submarines.
...or for any number of reasons that we can only guess about.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Every U.S. Intel Agency has stated Iran has not built a Nuclear Weapon YET. They agree Iran is attempting to do so.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Kind of like the Occupy protests in the oh-so-more civilized US?

Why yes of course. I'll be the 1st to admit US has become corrupt, owned by banks, secret society illuminati neo-zionists..... however there has been a movement to decommision nukes, not make more.

Its backwards thinking, when in the desert solar is the way to go. Iran is going the nuke route so as to have bigger say on the world stage .....and that's not a reason to own nukes

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

You are a well knowned anti-american here on ATS, and would never hesitate to spew your illogical anti-american thrash, misusing precious bandwidth for freedom of speech that had been denied by the very people you support.

I am? Well, that sure comes as a surprise to me and my American friends/relatives. Should I let them know, stop talking to them, or just kill them? I'm confused.

Nevertheless, for you to compare USA's discussion on gun issues and link it to your pet and boot-licking Khamenei support is absolutely flawed and irrelevant.

No it isn't, your understanding of it is.

America's gun issues are american citizens issue to resolve amongst all within the nation, and DOES NOT affect the world, as USA had not sought to impose the 2nd amendment to other nation unless the citizens wake up to the fact that they need it, as the Syrian People now had woken up to such fact.

Right! You are in agreement with me then. That is exactly what I was saying! See? I knew we could be BFF!

Wherelse, your beloved apostate Khamenei's hunger for Nuke power and domination DOES affect the entire world, as North Korea had proven with its success in nuke and intercontinental missle tech, and in such DERANGED hands, no human in our world can ever feel safe again, unlike responsible nuke powers such as USA, China, Russia, etc, for they are not stupid to realize what would happen if even one nuke missle is launched.

Iran hasn't been proven to have nuclear weapons. If you could read, you would have realized that is the assumption this thread is based on.

But for the deluded apostate Shia Khamenei, who dreams of himself controlling the mythical 'Madhi', preaching end times as being these days and had actually tried to ferment insurrections in fellow sunni states, he is one mad and insane inhuman whom cares no more about humanity, but for his own afterlife of perpetual 7 virgins serving him when his soul will be sent to a dying sun soon when he passes on.

Thanks for proving to everyone that you have no idea of how the Twelvers think or what they are all about.

Such mad man have NO right to own nukes, more so with his tirades against sunnis and israelis, calling for their extermination and actually ordering their deaths.

Agreed, but everyone should not have one. Not just a select few.

Go ahead with your bootlicking, OP, and discount my post with one liners. It is your right, but NO ONE will be fooled except your fellow Khamenei bootlickers.

I didn't want to disappoint you, but, I think I have rebutted everything that you have said so far. Bootlicking or truth telling, call it what you will. Your prejudices are shining through more bright than the great Mahdi's Sword!
(little joke to set you off and hopefully you will accuse me of being some sort of spy for Iran! Exciting!)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

I thought the same way. Do you realize how much space it would take up to even come close to amount of energy produced by nuclear power with solar? Short answer: A lot.

Edit: I do agree that I also don't believe any country should be pursuing nuclear power when Thorium reactors are much safer and don't provide the material needed for nuclear bombs. China is leading the way in research on them.
edit on 10-1-2013 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

Every U.S. Intel Agency has stated Iran has not built a Nuclear Weapon YET. They agree Iran is attempting to do so.

Split Infinity

Source?

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

We are indoctrinated at a young age to think we're better than everybody else and we know better as well. Some people aren't smart enough to realize that is wrong and they go on to be Politicians. I can't apologize enough for my government. The only thing I can say is it is not the American people who are in control of it anymore (if it ever was), it has been hijacked.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by mac420

We are indoctrinated at a young age to think we're better than everybody else and we know better as well. Some people aren't smart enough to realize that is wrong and they go on to be Politicians. I can't apologize enough for my government. The only thing I can say is it is not the American people who are in control of it anymore (if it ever was), it has been hijacked.

There is never a reason to apologize for your government. The people voted them in.
I was more talking about some of the ATS members from the USA on here. I haven't heard from any of them yet.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

The US people are ignorant sheep. They watch CNN or Fox and they vote accordingly. So when you say we voted in this or that, we didn't; we were told who to vote for and we did as we were told, well, not all of us, but you get the point.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Congressional Armed Services Sub-Comittee briefing by CIA.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

I thought the same way. Do you realize how much space it would take up to even come close to amount of energy produced by nuclear power with solar? Short answer: A lot.

Edit: I do agree that I also don't believe any country should be pursuing nuclear power when Thorium reactors are much safer and don't provide the material needed for nuclear bombs. China is leading the way in research on them.
edit on 10-1-2013 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

Thank you, this is the solution; combo of thorium, solar, wind, waves. Plutonium based nuke tech is unnecessary and too dangerous in the hands of a dictator.

On top of this, the banker illuminati secret societies are running the world, including Iran being influenced by this. Hojjatieh also has its issues.

As for guns, Switzerland is one of the most armed countries in the world, and also the safest.

The US issue is a combo of psychotropic drugs being handed out like tic tacs and the general materialism based western culture

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by mac420

It's sad. I understand what you mean. The same thing happens in Canada.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

ETA: Batman is way cooler the superman, just saying
reply to post by RN311

Batman is just a dude in a cape that uses gadgets to appear superior... Superman has powers making him cooler and does not need toys to accomplish his goal.

Back on topic..

I don't think you can compare guns to nuclear bombs because nukes wipe out cities and coutries. I think the world is scared that Iran might actually be a country that would use a bomb instead of just having it to keep others from interfering. I do agree that the US gets into lots of situation that we don't have any business but that's what happens when certain groups get to profit off the destruction of others. IMO we just have a bunch of pyscopaths trying to out do each other with weapons and they make a forture doing so. Until we fix the way the financial system works and take profit out of death the machine won't stop running until there is nothing left.
edit on 10-1-2013 by knowledgedesired because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join