It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for people that live in the USA

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+42 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Serious question looking for serious answers. I know this will not dissuade some of you, but at least I tried.

Quite a few people that believe Iran is building towards a nuclear bomb are saying that they should not be doing so.

Quite a few people, in the US, responded in quite a few 2nd amendment threads where people from other countries, were telling them they should get rid of their guns.

So, my question is, why is it ok for some US citizens to tell people what to do in their country, but, if someone tells you what to do in your country, it is stupid and they should keep their nose out of your business?

Is this a case of, do as I say, not as I do? Also, why, in the face of this double standard, should we take anything you say from now on seriously?

Thanks in advance for keeping this civil.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

This is going to get ugly fast......

That being said, I think with Iran it's more along the lines of not wanting them to have the ability to launch a nuclear bomb at us, or Israel, ya know because their our "allies". Also I think America gets a bad wrap because we are everywhere with our fingers in everything, but at the same time if we don't do something then all we hear is "why didn't you do something you have the power". Personally I think we should just say f*&% it and bring our troops home and let everyone sort out their own business, I mean after all I don't think we are to concerned about an attack of foreign troops here in America.

That's just my two cents for what it's worth

ETA: Batman is way cooler the superman, just saying

edit on 9-1-2013 by RN311 because: because i can

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Some Americans would have trouble answering that, but not many are on this website..

I don't think we should tell Iran not to build nukes at all.. I don't want to wage war anywhere..

Really All I want is to be left alone.. So Everyone else should leave me alone too. The Government seems hell bent on taking us out, to form a greater world society.. Arming Iran and Arming Americans serve the same goals to limit America the Government, not America the People..

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I live with double standards, But, I totally agree about your post. US should just butt out of other countries business and wars and let them fight it out. But another double standard is when they need relief who do they come crawling too? And who rushes to their Aid?.. The US. lol
edit on 9-1-2013 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Part of it is the fact that Ahmedinimidget stated in no uncertain terms that given the chance, he would wipe Israel from the face of the earth. Since we are allied with Israel, it stands to reason that we would defend them as such. I think it's a pretty compelling reason for preemptive action.

However, I think there needs to be undeniable proof that they have nukes.

edit on 9-1-2013 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
link   
you're right. americans if any should applause the iranians for building a nuclear weapon, as they are exercising their right to bear arms.

it's that hypocrisy that the rest of the world sees that makes america look like its full of horse dung.

worse, it makes america appear insincere, not trust worthy, unfriendly and arrogant. and not respected.

these are not good qualities for any americans reading this.

as long as their is peace, trust and respect between countries and peoples, they can have 50,000 nukes and it won't matter, because they'll be collecting dust in a silo.

edit on 9-1-2013 by randomname because: (no reason given)

link   

edit on 9-1-2013 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by RN311

I agree with you. I hope that this doesn't get ugly though. The USA has put itself in a precarious position. If you do something and it doesn't turn out perfect, people will scream and rant. If you don't do anything, people will scream and rant. I've done both.

As for Iran, I don't think that the US has any right to tell them what to do, just as no one from any country has a right to tell the US what to do within its borders. If Iran said, " Hey, guess what? We are 2 months away from having completed a nuclear bomb, and we are going to test it on you." then I would be all for the US going in there....but I would need to hear the conversation to avoid another Iraq.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Please do not confuse the policies of the American government with the beliefs of the American people. They are not always in sync...Iran and the Mullahs with nuclear weapons scare many in the west not to mention Israel. Saudi is wanting to stop them along with others in the mid-east...There are always reasons on both sides.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Well I voted for Ron Paul so I guess that excluded me from answering this question. When "america" (the UN) invades a country or sets sanctions on countries, it's not really the US citizens that have much of a say. So it's really, do as the government says...

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

I think that, for me at least, it shows how afraid of the rest of the world they are. I mean, they don't get taught anything about these countries, so why wouldn't you believe what the news tells you?

I lived on an RCMP base and during the Musical Ride, I was talking with this guy from Texas that thought Texas was bigger than Canada. I was amazed. It might be this centralized thinking that doesn't give them the knowledge to try to understand and accept other cultures.

**DISCLAIMER** I am NOT claiming this about all, or even the majority of US Citizens, it is just a thought.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by 727Sky
Please do not confuse the policies of the American government with the beliefs of the American people. They are not always in sync...Iran and the Mullahs with nuclear weapons scare many in the west not to mention Israel. Saudi is wanting to stop them along with others in the mid-east...There are always reasons on both sides.

I am just going by what I have seen on ATS.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
Part of it is the fact that Ahmedinimidget stated in no uncertain terms that given the chance, he would wipe Israel from the face of the earth. Since we are allied with Israel, it stands to reason that we would defend them as such. I think it's a pretty compelling reason for preemptive action.

However, I think there needs to be undeniable proof that they have nukes.

edit on 9-1-2013 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

No he didn't. Link.

But that is for another thread. We are discussing, the double standard of America on a world stage vs America the country.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by RN311
...That being said, I think with Iran it's more along the lines of not wanting them to have the ability to launch a nuclear bomb at us, or Israel...

And you don't see the irony in that?

Some don't want others to have assault weapons so they can't kill a massive amount of people in a short time.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
I live with double standards, But, I totally agree about your post. US should just butt out of other countries business and wars and let them fight it out. But another double standard is when they need relief who do they come crawling too? And who rushes to their Aid?.. The US. lol
edit on 9-1-2013 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

Damn straight. I think Ron Paul said it best when he said that the US is taking money from the poor/middle class and in America and giving it to the rich in the other countries. Time to stop breastfeeding other countries.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   

So, my question is, why is it ok for some US citizens to tell people what to do in their country, but, if someone tells you what to do in your country, it is stupid and they should keep their nose out of your business?

Easy...

Because we are the only country to use them on people, so we lead by example.

Were you looking for another answer..?

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   

This is going to get ugly fast......

That being said, I think with Iran it's more along the lines of not wanting them to have the ability to launch a nuclear bomb at us, or Israel, ya know because their our "allies". Also I think America gets a bad wrap because we are everywhere with our fingers in everything, but at the same time if we don't do something then all we hear is "why didn't you do something you have the power". Personally I think we should just say f*&% it and bring our troops home and let everyone sort out their own business, I mean after all I don't think we are to concerned about an attack of foreign troops here in America.

That's just my two cents for what it's worth

ETA: Batman is way cooler the superman, just saying

edit on 9-1-2013 by RN311 because: because i can

I am going to alert the mods if you are going to continue swearing.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   

First off, I know a lot of Texans that think Texas is bigger than the U.S. They think Texas is bigger than everything (and better). Mind you, they know that is not reality but they will talk as if it is.

Second, I have to agree with others here. You (world) seem to be confusing U.S. politcal agenda/policy with the wishes of the U.S. citizenry. A better analogy would be that our government is denying Iran the right to defend themselves and our government is trying to deny its citizens the right to defend themselves.

Seems that their message/actions are congruant and not hypocritical at all.
edit on 1/9/13 by solomons path because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

yes I do that's not my opinion, that is what I feel the people in charge feel, or at least would like us to believe they did, I posted my personal feelings on the subject a little farther down.........

ETA: @Superman ... please don't I don't think I've ever had a post removed I don't want to start now!!

edit on 9-1-2013 by RN311 because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack

...That being said, I think with Iran it's more along the lines of not wanting them to have the ability to launch a nuclear bomb at us, or Israel...

And you don't see the irony in that?

Some don't want others to have assault weapons so they can't kill a massive amount of people in a short time.

And that is my point of this thread. If all US Citizens are ok with that, wouldn't it just take them to explain it that way to do away with your right to bear arms? (Which I still think would be way cooler if everyone got Grizzly arms surgically attached at the shoulder!)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join