It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America's a left-brain prison, a society that honors the servant & has forgotten the gift

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Picture where & how modern history's most oppressive tyrants (ie, Stalin Mao Hitler Pol Pot Nixon Bush Obama) were conditioned to be so conniving & ruthless:

Nobody's perfect but I believe this David Icke message touches upon a balanced, altruistic humanity in its more gifted, natural, peaceful home, long lost like paradise, Eden and perhaps Atlantis too.

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. - Albert Einstein

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by minnow

So, you are stating that thinking is wrong, and we should all be led by our emotions?

(Second Line)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErtaiNaGia
reply to post by minnow

So, you are stating that thinking is wrong, and we should all be led by our emotions?

(Second Line)

Actually no.. The thread title and the Einstein quote show that the OP is talking about bringing back up the more suppressed right brain, not killing the left brain.. Follow the middle path.

I Agree.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by minnow

I think..think?... there is something in what you are feeling...feeling? There has to balance, harmony, symmetry in how we all live or we tend to bend in the one direction or another which of course creates all sorts of abnormalities to contend with. However there is no great call for alarm because Nature has laws that will not allow us to get out of kilter beyond a certain degree...that's how I see it anyway

edit on 9-1-2013 by Shema because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
We carry both the lock and the key to our limitations. There is a reason why we are herded into left brain perception. It takes much less effort to control someone who only uses half of their resources.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I am defiantly for thinking outside the box and viewing things way different than the norm but I am not a fan of Icke. he really seems like one of those guys that is making a quick buck off easily manipulated people. I am not trying to put down any fans of his but I can just tell by looking in his eyes.

-edit- It is just my opinion.
edit on 1/9/2013 by mcx1942 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by starshift

I don't know, starshift, people go where they most want to go. You talk about them being herded like they are forced to go where they woudn't normally want to go. Sheep have no choice but to go through the gate whereas sheeple go through because they want to.
edit on 9-1-2013 by Shema because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

Can't believe nobody starred you for putting it so succinctly; but I did.
edit on 9-1-2013 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Here's what I want to see.

I want to see any damned evidence that people who grow up outside of America.... say in "the east" ... India or what have you ... I want to see that in general, they have higher right-brain activity than Americans. What about handedness. People claim that left handers are "right brained" ... so do we see higher incidences of lefties in other cultures which emphasize more spirituality and less hardcore analytical thinking processes ... like the need for objective (pfff) evidence?

Unless someone can provide some actual data to back this up, I'm left to believe that this is mere influence from social preference, and not some damned prison that disables us. It means we may have a tendency for more critical thought processes, and have a shorter fuse for accepting things as true without evidence. That's all.

I don't think it's a "left-brain" thing. It seems, from an MBTI perspective, we validate extroversion, and thinking. Specifically, Ne and Te.
edit on 9-1-2013 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Shema

Do they most want to go to a factory job for a 12 hour shift or do they reason themselves into doing it?

I'd say we base a high percentage of our decisions and actions towards the path of least resistance both internally and externally. This limits our experience of the world to a smaller range of possibilities. We then relate to the world based upon our experiences in it and the way that information is interpreted through our programming. If we are presented with a choice we respond to it based on our dominate center of perception and how we think about the situation rather than how we feel about it, is the generally accepted method of response to the stimulation.

You then focus on how the stimulation is marketed to carry some instructions to a desired solution. That feeling center may be there to a degree but most times the logical mind will dominate the response because that is what has been developed through school and societal support.

An example would be how the news always seems to mention how the stock market did for the day. Over time, the person receiving that information becomes accustomed to it and develops a relationship to it based on how the economy is perceived flue to its performance. This can then become a control mechanism even though it has no real value.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   

I see your point of view and have no objection to it per se but, still, no-one is actually forced. You made it sound like some 'others' who are far more clever that the rest of us and who have human behaviour mapped out are controlling us by herding us all along a route they want us to go.

A person goes along to do a 12 hour shift at the factory for the reward that comes with it, i.e: $$$$. This person is not taking the path of least resistance, on the contrary, but they do it because they can smell the coffee or I should say the bucks.

Personally I feel the logical mind is to be found wanting in most people, as an example I have read a number of threads and posts (not your's) on ATS the short time I've been here that have very little if any actual logic applied to them and ATS in many ways reflects modern society in action.

It seems to me that most people are impulsive and react to their feelings rather that sit down and think about what they ought to do or not do in any situation that arises.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shema

I don't know, starshift, people go where they most want to go. You talk about them being herded like they are forced to go where they woudn't normally want to go. Sheep have no choice but to go through the gate whereas sheeple go through because they want to.

I don't agree with this. Sheeple go where they want to go because they don't know that it's not even their own wants. You take the ten clones of a 20 year old individual and throw them into different cultures with a blank slate/amnesia. I'm pretty damned sure that their "wants" will be heavily influenced by their environment and they will no longer appear to be cloned versions of each other over time, rather more like twins or brothers.

People go with "the flow" in society. That's the definition of a "sheeple". Just going along not truly thinking of what's best for them. It's like... they're aware, and making decisions based on wants, but not truly... all too self-aware, of how heavily the society is influencing their "wants" which aren't really of their own choosing.

I can see how someone with a high degree of self awareness may not comprehend that others can be so lacking in this department, but still think this is the case for many individuals. They don't know that they don't know, just as they have no clue that their mindless wants are just that... a wanting without their own mind and volition.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

And I in turn, with all respect, can't agree with you that most people don't know what they don't know. People - sheeple if you like - are far more canny than what you might give them credit for.

If a person works long, hard, hours in a job they don't like in order to be able to live in the manner they want to live even if it is unacceptable to you can it not be said that they are doing what they believe is best for them? Why would they care what you believe?

People, sheeple, do choose, they are choosing constantly. Is it for us to judge what they choose?
edit on 10-1-2013 by Shema because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Im surprised most yall agree with Einstein! How promising. (If only more earthlings (esp Americans) were tuned into ATS and receptive to the bounty of intel & philosophies discussed here!)

Yes he's pointed out for some reason humanity has steered left/logic and turned its back on intuition.

I'd propose that it is left, logic, ego that is ironically somewhat more emo, for its motivated by conditions drives such as greed, insatiability, dominance/rape which yield the emotion of satisfaction.

In contrast, being intuitive and altruistic are more innocent, uncorrupted, collective, wholesome, and grounded qualities, approaching selflessness. one would think, more... humanitarian.

Intuitive as in the instinct to help survival of your species & wellbeing of fellow individuals, as opposed to logic of survival of the fittiest/sowing your seed far & wide.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by minnow

Well said. I tend to act more intuitively by nature rather than scrutinize every possible outcome of what may or may not happen.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad
Actually no.. The thread title and the Einstein quote show that the OP is talking about bringing back up the more suppressed right brain, not killing the left brain.. Follow the middle path.
I Agree.

Wow

Those two words sure sum it up (middle path)!

top topics

join