It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CGI expert needed : UFO in a photograph [ WA, US , Dec. 30 2012 ]

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
The background was optimal for doing this fakery. In the latest version of Photoshop we have a function called "Content Awareness" that is able to read, from a user made selection (say a selection of the lamp post), the surrounding pixels and the fill in the selection with the same.

It's a really really useful tool to eliminate unwanted objects in photos and I use it daily.

Unfortunately it's also so easy to use that people can make images like the OP in a minute of so.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Huh

From this prospective it looks like it belongs to the pole to its right.

In fact, if you look at the street light in the background (lower right) they both look like they have light sensors on the top.

Out of the 7 poles I see in the larger photo, this would be the only pole without a light so..........I think we can put this baby to rest and not bother MUFON.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by flice
The background was optimal for doing this fakery. In the latest version of Photoshop we have a function called "Content Awareness" that is able to read, from a user made selection (say a selection of the lamp post), the surrounding pixels and the fill in the selection with the same.

It's a really really useful tool to eliminate unwanted objects in photos and I use it daily.

Unfortunately it's also so easy to use that people can make images like the OP in a minute of so.

Only it wasn't faked its the background is so bright it can wash out a foreground object.

I post an example on this post on page one of the Twin Towers

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here is another classic example of the effect which has many threads on here

Here an example to show a shadow line washed out on the white card but shows up on the grey card it's all about exposure as are MANY of the supposed ufo pictures shown on here

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I've been to Seattle and I don't recognize the place o.O

MUFON site is becoming like youtube - all sorts of crap on it, there is probably more fakes than real ones.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImpactoR

MUFON site is becoming like youtube - all sorts of crap on it, there is probably more fakes than real ones.

i totally agree
and because of that more and more of that crap is being posted here
hint hint op

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Looks just to be a street light im afraid.

Disappointing really want something good to pop up soon

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImpactoR

It's on 2nd Avenue between Spring Street and Madison Street (looking toward Madison). You can easily see the spire of Smith Tower down 2nd Avenue in the OP's picture.

I have a Google Street view of the very same light pole (and street light) in this post from the previous page:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 1/10/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Equiinox

Dude,

Your batting average is getting quite low,

Is this strike 3, you have posted a few threads over the last few days that in someones opinion that has been looking in the UFO phenomena for over 15years would say are rather lame after a good look,

Your just rehashing what MUFON should have deleted of their site unless its to show how random everyday things can be misidentified.

Keep up the searching but try to find more quality than quantity

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
sry if this is in the wrong place. i cant start this thread yet so i need your help. i have multiple photos from curiosity FROM NASA.GOV showing mutiple "ufos" unidentified flying objects flying above the mountains on mars . i also have actual real photographs of non natural formations in the mountains im talking huge 300 meter perfect rectangles carved in the mountains on mars. this is not a hoax please respond to help me post this thread as soon as i get 20 responds i will post the photos.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by dom221211
sry if this is in the wrong place. i cant start this thread yet so i need your help. i have multiple photos from curiosity FROM NASA.GOV showing mutiple "ufos" unidentified flying objects flying above the mountains on mars . i also have actual real photographs of non natural formations in the mountains im talking huge 300 meter perfect rectangles carved in the mountains on mars. this is not a hoax please respond to help me post this thread as soon as i get 20 responds i will post the photos.

When you are able to start your thread I hope you use the search function to see whether this already being discussed and if not and you go ahead I hope you will be showing how you were able to determine the size of the carvings you've discovered or at least explain what you mean by real photos.

Cant wait to see what you have

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
by real I mean these photos were taken directly by the rover on mars, transmitted to nasa and then posted on nasa.gov where we have a public database of some of the photos from mars. i made multiple copies of these photos before they were taken down. so by real photos I mean actual photos.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

by real I mean these photos were taken directly by the rover on mars, transmitted to nasa and then posted on nasa.gov where we have a public database of some of the photos from mars. i made multiple copies of these photos before they were taken down. so by real photos I mean actual photos.

Which photos from Curiosity have been taken down?

I thought all of the raw images could be found here:
JPL - Curiosity Raw Images

There have been threads before about things in the sky in Curiosity images, but the ones I remember were proven to be spots on the camera lens or hot pixels (both of which could be seen by noticing the "object" shows up in multiple images, all in the same part of the frame).

I'm not saying that's what your images are (I haven't seen your images yet). I'm just saying you should search those threads to make sure.

When you are able to start you own thread, could you please provide more information about the images that you say were taken down?

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

-
photo 1 . when i first started examining this photos i didnt see anything out of the the ordinary so i tried to zoom but i could only zoom in so far without the photo becoming picilixed . so i copied it onto my system opened it and clearly zoom in over the mountains and i could clearly see 50 or more circular shaped objects of various sizes with one larger sized object in the middle at least 3-4 times the diameter of the others . and so far we dont know that "birds" exist on mars.

photo 2. when i opened this file i had to do the same thing . copy and zoom in on the mountains as soon as i did i was shocked. at perfectly equal intervals there were at least 6 huge perfect rectangles running horazontally cut in the middle of the mountain.

after i downloaded these photos i went back to nasa.gov to look at more and the photos i copied before were gone!!! im a scientist and have a bachlors in science from iusb. and i cant explain these photos.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

you need to post 20 times in threads, not us respond to you.
just post replies in threads and once you hit the 20 mark, start your thread

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SecretKnowledge

thank you I was a lilttle confused about that .please look for my thread it will be up as soon as possible.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

-
photo 1 . when i first started examining this photos i didnt see anything out of the the ordinary so i tried to zoom but i could only zoom in so far without the photo becoming picilixed . so i copied it onto my system opened it and clearly zoom in over the mountains and i could clearly see 50 or more circular shaped objects of various sizes with one larger sized object in the middle at least 3-4 times the diameter of the others . and so far we dont know that "birds" exist on mars.

photo 2. when i opened this file i had to do the same thing . copy and zoom in on the mountains as soon as i did i was shocked. at perfectly equal intervals there were at least 6 huge perfect rectangles running horazontally cut in the middle of the mountain.

after i downloaded these photos i went back to nasa.gov to look at more and the photos i copied before were gone!!! im a scientist and have a bachlors in science from iusb. and i cant explain these photos.

Heard it all before but will give you the benefit of the doubt, will be looking out for your thread!

Whats so special about your system

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

thank you I was a lilttle confused about that .please look for my thread it will be up as soon as possible.

When you are able to start your thread, please provide the file names of the images that you say were taken down. Hopefully you saved them to your computer using the same file names that JPL uses. That way it would be easier to track the sol on which they were taken.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

...By the way, to post images to ATS, you can use the "Tools+" tab at the top of the ATS webpage, then "ats uploads". Or use something like photobucket (or similar image hosting site).

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I work right by this UFO sighting so I went outside and took a pic with my Droid RAZR Maxx 01/11/2013 at 08:42AM. Definitely a light pole. I do not believe this person had nefarious intentions because my first attempt to take a picture my camera had issues with the lighting and voila, I had a UFO too. I hope this brings resolution.

Focused shot:

Unfocused shot:

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by AnotherSon

Very good, but I think the overall exposure of the scene (not focus) could also produce the some outcome of having the street light's support disappearing from the image.

Just like the out-of-focus sky creating a blur that bleeds over and obscures the street light bracket, an over-exposed (but otherwise in-focus) sky could also create such a "bleed" that could obscure the bracket.

edit on 1/11/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join